09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    What's up with the rumor of people thinking they have to send the phone in and wait for a replacement? I'm under the impression that it will be in-store carrier exchange or a new device shipped from carrier with return label for old device.... Try to scam and keep both devices and tbe carrier charges your account..
    People are just assuming that right now. Carriers in the US are involved, I'm sure they are going to make it easy on their customers. TMO has made their first statement.
    09-02-2016 06:14 AM
    Not what Samsung said at all.
    Could have sworn I read that.
    I get that. I know they aren't coming to my house to take it away. I just mean if my phone ends up being one of the ones on the recall, they should replace it but not inconvenience me. It's their mistake.
    Yours is part of the recall.
    nonie likes this.
    There is not affected phones, Samsung is replacing them all.
    Doesn't mean they are all dangerous.
    09-02-2016 06:15 AM
    Could have sworn I read that.
    You may have read that, however Samsung said they are replacing all of them.
    Apple are going to really hit a home run on this one. Now expecting more juicy reports on the ip7+ from this point on..
    Wonder if my buddy gets a new phone after his screen cracked earlier this week from a tiny drop off his desk?? Guess he lucks out and gets a new phone I hope.

To be clear... I give kudos for sammy in making the move and replacing all phones sold, taking back all current inventory and the logistical and PR nightmare and cost in doing this.

hmm but for 0.1% of the phones out there when by serial number search they can just fedex you a new one with a return label for the old one and find/remove the unsold stock. guess its the techy in me that worked for IBM in another lifetime in there desktop and thinkpad department handling there support and dealing with situations of dealing with issues that always come up with any product and how its dealt behind the curtain and dealt in front.

anyways... good job sammy and waiting for the Note 7 ver 2.0!!

Samsung said they will replace all units, they aren't making a difference between Snapdragon or Exynos.

Carriers will have to put out info on how they will handle it. We don't know the details of how it will be handled yet.
    Bosbouer likes this.
    It'd be less of a hassle to able to actually check if your phone was part of the batch. I just hope there aren't any new issues with the replacements. Pumping out phones at a extremely high rate to save face could lead to even more potential problems.
    09-02-2016 06:16 AM
    Apple are going to really hit a home run on this one. Now expecting more juicy reports on the ip7+ from this point on..
    Maybe this will encourage Apple to acknowledge Touch Disease after all this time.
    09-02-2016 06:16 AM
    Whatever they said, Samsung has pulled defeat from the jaws off victory. This will hurt sales by millions of devices. Apple thanks them.
    09-02-2016 06:17 AM
    As a general question moving forward.... what other phone comes close to the functionality of the Note 7? because it's apparent I'm going to need a phone to use for the "next coming weeks".
    There's no substitute for the stylus, and other than that the closest phone is obviously the s7 edge.

Or just use a note 5, which is last gen.
    09-02-2016 06:18 AM
    Doesn't mean they are all dangerous.
    Why are you arguing this? Samsung thinks it us important enough to replace all of them. I take that seriously, YMMV.

What Samsung said:

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/busi...09400320F.html
    09-02-2016 06:18 AM
    Well, to be honest, a phone that comes close to the functionality of the Note7 is another Note.
    I guess I'll find out if I can get a note 5 to tide me till the note 7 becomes available. Never thought I'd see the day I'd experience day 1 issues with my phone. I'm still shocked by it all tbh.
    09-02-2016 06:19 AM
    Yeah I meant to mention that too, their statement makes it clear that this is a voluntary recall. If you're worried about your phone, they will replace it. That should mean that they will continue to honor the warranty on your current phone if you feel safe with it.
    All recalls are voluntary in the United States.
    09-02-2016 06:19 AM
    Yours is part of the recall.
    Fine. My point is I'm not having any issues with it. It doesn't ever heat up. The only time it got a little warm was when I used the adapter and tried to charge it with a regular USB cable. Obviously you shouldn't. Other than that nothing.
    lizette1222 likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:20 AM
    It's like driving around with a model car that you know has a takata air bag that was under recall and say since your hasnt exploded it...

"They didn't say every air bag was unsafe."

Samsung didn't say every phone was unsafe.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    Whatever they said, Samsung has pulled defeat from the jaws off victory. This will hurt sales by millions of devices. Apple thanks them.
    It may and it may not. How they're handling the situation is perfect. They're putting the customer first. However, it does make you question the reliability of their products. You'll have people who praise it and you'll have people who denounce Samsung all together. For me personally, it all depends on how they handle the replacements.
    Fine. My point is I'm not having any issues with it. It doesn't ever heat up. The only time it got a little warm was when I used the adapter and tried to charge it with a regular USB cable. Obviously you shouldn't. Other than that nothing.
    Well to be fair, the other phones were fine until they weren't. One guy's didn't catch on fire until he put it on his holster on his waistband.

If you don't want to exchange it, don't.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:21 AM
    I took my note 7 back today & got the Galaxy s7 edge after what I herd
    09-02-2016 06:21 AM
    If you want pen writing... really nothing else and maybe you can be lucky and find Note 5 models still for sale.

Without a pen, any flagship phone is good now a days... a galaxy S7 or Edge, HTC10... or if you can wait a couple of weeks....

Apple Events - Keynote September 2016 - Apple

As a general question moving forward.... what other phone comes close to the functionality of the Note 7? because it's apparent I'm going to need a phone to use for the "next coming weeks".
    09-02-2016 06:23 AM
    You may have read that, however Samsung said they are replacing all of them.
    Not what Samsung South Africa are sayingThe Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues-2016-09-02-11.20.14.jpg

RochaZA is the happy chappy who collected his note 7 yesterday

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (previously Note 6)
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    New phone from unaffected batch is what you will be getting.
    Which is why my phone is not going back to Samsung unless it is proven to be part of a bad batch.
    Which is why my phone is not going back to Samsung unless it is proven to be part of a bad batch.
    Same.
    Bosbouer likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:24 AM
    There will always be some people that just like to complain and regardless of what a company does, it's never enough.

I think Samsung is doing the right thing. I am hoping that we will hear a definitive answer as to what the problem is. Right now I'm not confident that Samsung is 100% sure otherwise I think we would see a more targeted recall.

Either way it's not a big deal for me to stop in to Verizon and get my new phone when the time comes.
    So glad I didn't upgrade my Note 3! The Note 7 isn't looking too hot right now........... Wait.
1,397 ... 2930313233 ...