The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Sin

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

do you guys reckon turning off fast charging is a logical/wise preventive measure (I have the Exynos version from outside the US) against a potential explosion?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The news right now, presser is over, waiting for translation.
29b36d95e3d2eb55b3cc26097ad85819.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Still don't know yet if this is global.

Samsung says it is suspending sales of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone after finding batteries of some of the gadgets exploded while they were charging.

"Koh Dong-jin, president of Samsung's mobile business said Friday that customers who already bought Note 7s will be able to swap them for new smartphones, regardless of the purchasing date."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/report-samsung-recall-phones-explosion-claims-41817088

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

I got mine thru Verizon so do you think they would let me rent a phone till I get my note 7 back?

Well what sometimes happens in Africa at least, your carrier will send back all their un-purchased devices to the manufacture to get them fixed. If you have already purchased one, they won't take it away from you but if anything went wrong with the problem area, they would replace it for free since its a know issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

This is from Daily Mail, so take it with a grain of salt until Korean news gets out a translated statement or Samsung does.

"Samsung has pulled its Galaxy Note 7 from shelves around the world amid reports that some of the phones are catching fire due to battery problems.

The firm said today it will prepare replacement devices for phones already sold after finding problems with the battery cell used.

Samsung, in a statement, said it will take about two weeks to prepare replacement devices for the phones already sold.

It was not clear when new sales of the devices would begin."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ll-Galaxy-Note-7-smartphone-battery-fire.html

anon(9419666)

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

I don't know how Samsung work, but when my LG G4 is recall they just have my sent my phone to them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

This isn't a case of the phone getting warm... Seems to me that there was an issue with a pack's construction (perhaps by a single subcontractor) that is making it more prone to failure under charging.

Sounds like a small percentage of phones made are susceptible, and even those, we're hearing of only a few actual incidents (not 'a buddy's boss says he knows someone').

I just got my wife's new Note 7... I was going to put it through its paces before giving it to her anyhow... And I'll just keep it on good charging gear, which i was going to do even before this. If it gets recalled, so be it. The replacement will be fine and she'll still enjoy her new Note.

And I'll most likely get some more free stuff from Samsung out of the deal. Works for me.
Looks like you will be getting a new phone.

melonzzzzz

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

If I have to send my phone back I will get an iPhone.

I haven't gotten mine yet but it's arriving on Saturday. Even if it's the best phone I own I can not be phone-less for however long it takes them to fix this (could be weeks?) as this was meant to replace my iPhone 5S that had just broke on the release date of the Note 7 (lol).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm 100% convinced this is not a fault with the phones, but with people that are using cheap third party USB Type A to Type C cable setups that don't have resistors on them or the incorrect resistors, which causes the phone to draw in too much power. A Google engineer discovered this issue with laptops.

They have found 24 verified battery issues out of 35 reported and inspected.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

They are replacing all phones, regardless of when it was purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37