09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    I'm NOT sending my phone back. I don't buy aftermarket accessories and use only the charger that came with the phone.
    If it's working alright, you don't have to. It's voluntary.. There's no pressure
    09-02-2016 06:39 AM
    I'm NOT sending my phone back. I don't buy aftermarket accessories and use only the charger that came with the phone.
    It has been identified as battery cells.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:39 AM
    You don't have to do anything.

No one has said anyone will be without a phone, Samsung isn't going to come take your phone.
    First the guns, and now the phones...

I'm loving all the "Samsung should do this that and the other" posts. "Samsung should install Android Oreo and put in 16GB of RAM, bulletproof glass and a Nvidia Titan. Here's your chance to make it right Sammy!"

Gave me a laugh this AM!
    09-02-2016 06:42 AM
    I'm surprised people on here trying to be spokespersons for Samsung. I don't see how any one can spend so much time trying to defend ANY company. Especially one that isn't paying you lol. People are funny.
    09-02-2016 06:43 AM
    Sounds to me this is not a battery issue per se but the types of cheap chargers that are being used.
    Exactly. So it's after market chargers that are being used and not what came with the phone right?
    09-02-2016 06:44 AM
    Kelly I don't think people are disagreeing with you about what samsung is stating about replacing all the phones. It's just that they're saying they read that only the phones that had batteries made in Korea were defected. So if they had a phone made in China, they feel better about keeping their phones and not swapping them out for another.

YES!!! MY PHONE IS MADE IN CHINA!!! First time in glad I bought something that was made in China.
    09-02-2016 06:45 AM
    Anyone that bought it in the Middle East, do you have any issues? Will they recall it here? I ordered mine from Saudi Arabia but still did not recieve it
    09-02-2016 06:46 AM
    So far only 35 have been sent in to check and only 24 were found to have battery issues put of 1 million. Not really major.
    35 sent in to be tested, out of those 24 had the battery issues...that's a high percentage which is why there is a recall.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:46 AM
    Look at this from a legal stand point...

Samsung HAS to do this.

If anyone gets seriously injured if one of these explodes their legal time will come out and say we issued a recall and you didnt listen.

It is actually a smart move by Samsung.
    09-02-2016 06:47 AM
    You just reminded me of the awesome tea and biscuits we had this past summer at this tea house at the top of a mountain hiking the Plain of Six Glaciers in Alberta. The best tea and biscuits. Canada does great tea and biscuits too! And the view!

Now back to our original programming...

Tips for hiking the Plain of Six Glaciers Tea House Trail | BanffandBeyond

Yup! in the land of the tea and biscuits.

That's my hope. My other hope is that they let me choose what I want to use.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:47 AM
    Lol well if you purchase the cables at 7-11....
    09-02-2016 06:48 AM
    I'm surprised people on here trying to be spokespersons for Samsung. I don't see how any one can spend so much time trying to defend ANY company. Especially one that isn't paying you lol. People are funny.
    Because some people here are trying to be salespeople for different companies on a Samsung forum..
    09-02-2016 06:49 AM
    I give Samsung huge props for doing this. Yes my iPhone is my daily driver, but owning a note 5 (with a note 7 on the way) I can say I have all of the confidence in the world in this company. They are being incredibly cautious but it shows they are brave enough to admit there is a problem and fix it 100% even though it will hurt their bottom line for months to come.

And to my fellow Apple friends, it's not a time to gloat. This could easily happen to Apple as well, when these things are tested they can't go through every possible scenario of what might happen in the real world. These things happen.
    To be honest, I feel that Apple would do the same if their phones were hit with the same issue.

Don't mess around with batteries that have a chance of exploding.
    09-02-2016 06:49 AM
    Only if that dude that used to send Inspector Gadget letters all the time texts you.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:50 AM
    Phone made in China... how do you know the batteries weren't sourced from Korea?

If was mentioned before I apologize, hard keeping up with this thread.

Samsung is going to break the internet with this issue.

Kelly I don't think people are disagreeing with you about what samsung is stating about replacing all the phones. It's just that they're saying they read that only the phones that had batteries made in Korea were defected. So if they had a phone made in China, they feel better about keeping their phones and not swapping them out for another.

YES!!! MY PHONE IS MADE IN CHINA!!! First time in glad I bought something that was made in China.
    09-02-2016 06:51 AM
    Some of us stayed up to watch the presser. Also as team members of Android Central, we are here to try and help members with problems.
    09-02-2016 06:52 AM
    At the presser, he said "battery cells" and from what I understand, those came from the contractor.
    Hi Kelly. I'm guessing this comment was meant as a response to someone else.
    Because some people here are trying to be salespeople for different companies on a Samsung forum..
    Oh so you gotta be an apologist to retort apologists for other companies? Silly me, I thought you could just ignore people and move on. Anyhow, some people are just being spokespeople because they want to. Has nothing to do with other people or other companies. Some are just naturally defensive in products they like. Whether it makes sense or not. Funny, I thought only iPhone people we like that. Guess times have changed.
    Phone made in China... how do you know the batteries weren't sourced from Korea?
    Why are you trying to blow my high?
    Anyone that bought it in the Middle East, do you have any issues? Will they recall it here? I ordered mine from Saudi Arabia but still did not recieve it
    Any Note 7 that has been sold already is included.
    09-02-2016 06:53 AM
    Oh? Who would that be?
    09-02-2016 06:54 AM
    It sucks for everyone involved but in the end it's best for all. They should throw in an S3 for the inconvenience.
    09-02-2016 06:54 AM

If was mentioned before I apologize, hard keeping up with this thread.

Samsung is going to break the internet with this issue.
    Quality control.
    09-02-2016 06:55 AM
    09-02-2016 06:56 AM
    09-02-2016 06:59 AM
1,397 ... 3132333435 ...