09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    Like I said I'm not specifically talking about you in everything I referenced. It's observations from various users on this and other threads. So don't read too much into my posts
    I am a Samsung only phone user. I pick a brand for everything and I use it. I am very honest about the things I don't like about a phone or a company, always.

If Samsung and I don't get everything settled, people here will hear about why I am leaving Samsung.
    09-02-2016 07:17 AM
    I have not had any heating problem at all. I use official chargers the way that it was intended. The idiots whose phone supposedly overheated were probably not using those chargers. In fact in one of the pictures you can see he has a black charger with an adapter. He probably works for Apple.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:18 AM
    Exactly. So it's after market chargers that are being used and not what came with the phone right?
    No, it was battery cells.
    09-02-2016 07:20 AM
    Hey I think you're just trying to get the latest most accurate news to the group so kudos to you.

The forums are a thankless bunch lol.

I think you don't know me.

I'm in my own talks with Samsung about other issues as I have threatened to walk away from Samsung. Right now I am probably the least happy person with Samsung.

I'm not spinning anything, unless posting the facts with know now, with the source cited is spinning.
    09-02-2016 07:22 AM
    I am a Samsung only phone user. I pick a brand for everything and I use it. I am very honest about the things I don't like about a phone or a company, always.

If Samsung and I don't get everything settled, people here will hear about why I am leaving Samsung.
    Understood. I'm not married to any brands at any given time. I'll use Samsung now, Apple next week, HTC the month after, back to Samsung, then LG.... That's just how I roll.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:22 AM
    It may be a small number now, but how many defective battery packs were installed in phones? Samsung may believe that there are many phones that will burn up. So the company has done the right thing for its customers by replacing all Note 7 phones.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:23 AM
    Understood. I'm not married to any brands at any given time. I'll use Samsung now, Apple next week, HTC the month after, back to Samsung, then LG.... That's just how I roll.
    I do brands for everything, potato chips, mustard, laundry detergent.. I don't like change lol
    09-02-2016 07:24 AM
    First the guns, and now the phones...

I'm loving all the "Samsung should do this that and the other" posts. "Samsung should install Android Oreo and put in 16GB of RAM, bulletproof glass and a Nvidia Titan. Here's your chance to make it right Sammy!"

Gave me a laugh this AM!
    Hahaha exactly
    09-02-2016 07:27 AM
    I knew they would handle it because it is such a big deal, I really didn't think they would replace all that have been sold.

They are handling it better than other recalls I have seen.
    Samsung CAN'T BE PRAISED ENOUGH for this recall.

They are doing the right thing from a business, legal and ethical perspective. Short term tactical set back which will benefit their long term strategic success.

Exchanging a phone will take a few minutes, setting up my soon to be new and SAFE phone a little longer.

It will not surprise me that they take the extra step of some form of additional benefit to make a statement that they are not only handling this problem the way it should be handled but to recognize the consumer frustration the solution temporarily causes.

GO SAMSUNG!

In the meantime, I am sleeping with one eye open and a relocated smoke alarm !!!!!!!!
    Kelly Kearns and Weils like this.
    09-02-2016 07:27 AM
    Just as it was getting rave reviews, on the back of the S7/S7 Edge, and just before the iPhone 7 launch... OUCH.

I'm only 4 months into my S7 Edge, but had a buyer for my handset and would have only had to find £70 balance to upgrade with O2 UK. I actually called the store yesterday at 4.30pm to see if they would have any 'spare' Note 7's over and above the pre-orders once they got the stock in, and they said yes, proabably. I went into the store at 9am today on the off chance and armed with the knowledge of the recall. Both the sales advisers knew nothing of it, other than the fact the stock hadn't arrived. They looked like they didn't believe me, so ended up Googling it, and actually thanked me for letting them know as they were expecting numerous visits during the day from people to collect their new Notes...

Then, since when has anyone in a phone shop known anything about phones, let alone well publicised exploding handsets...?
    09-02-2016 07:30 AM
    I have not had any heating problem at all. I use official chargers the way that it was intended. The idiots whose phone supposedly overheated were probably not using those chargers. In fact in one of the pictures you can see he has a black charger with an adapter. He probably works for Apple.
    You're probably right but also a manufacturing is supposed to specifically know how accessories from elsewhere will affect their device performance and user safety. All companies tell us to use their branded accessories but they also know everyone isn't going to do that because of the cost and they cannot always confirm a problem with their device you sent back for warranty replacement was due to faulty accessories. So how do they fix this? Certification program. Meaning the cable doesn't work with the device unless the manufacturer has certified it. Kinda like what Apple did when the lightning cables first came out. People were upset when cheap knockoff cables couldn't charge or sync their devices but that's exactly what that type of safeguard is for. Because Samsung or (Apple) cannot test every cable under the sun, they only allow the ones they have tested. I've been saying this needed to be done for a while due to all the junk accessories that are going around. And especially with USB C being newer, it definitely needed this. And even if the issue would still come about with Samsung's own accessories, at least there's some comfort in the company proactively testing and approving items that are good for our devices. Just my thought.
    Bosbouer likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:31 AM
    I do brands for everything, potato chips, mustard, laundry detergent.. I don't like change lol
    Now I do brands for food lol. But sadly my favorite brand of chips doesn't sell where I live now

But for stuff like electronics or cars, I try any that gives me the most features along with bang for my buck lol.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:33 AM
    Definitely disappointed, especially since my Note has been pretty flawless so far. But, I'm really happy to see Samsung responding quickly and dealing with this. Fingers crossed, the exchange process won't be a major headache, and that they can sort this issue effectively.
    09-02-2016 07:35 AM
    Which is why my phone is not going back to Samsung unless it is proven to be part of a bad batch.
    Yeah, that will work great if you ever want to sell it.
    09-02-2016 07:36 AM
    The exploding issue could potentially effect every device. It could be a ticking time bomb situation. I've never seen a complete recall. I wonder how much this will cost them.
    Kelly Kearns, Weils and scorpiodsu like this.
    09-02-2016 07:38 AM
    Just contacted Samsung Customer Services in the UK on 0330 726 1000. They had high call volume, which was expected, and when I got through to someone they denied a total recall was being made and that investigations are still ongoing. When I told them that it's been reported in all of the media outlets they again stated "Samsung haven't made a decision yet and we certainly haven't been told".

Bit comical when the company have made an official statement regarding the issue but don't seem to communicated that to staff. Either that or she was outside having a cigarette at the time...

I purchased a SIM free phone from the Carphone Warehouse so assume I will be able to pick one up from them in due course. Happy to wait - well, until it blows up...
    Mghollan26 likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:38 AM
    We have fast charging now. Who needs swappable batteries
    09-02-2016 07:40 AM
    Yes, people should be angry, because this isn't just a "you're using it wrong" glitch. This is a MONUMENTAL f-up of un-precedented proportions.
    09-02-2016 07:40 AM
    Well it sucks being an early adopter I suppose. I won't be exchanging for anything but a note 7 if that's what ends up happening. In only 2 weeks I'm addicted to a stylus. I pick up the phone and pop it out every time now.

Out of an abundance of caution I will stop bedside charging and simply only use the OEM block and cable until more news comes out.

In this case patience and just waiting for the manufacturer to communicate through carriers is the best strategy.
    09-02-2016 07:41 AM
    If you guys want a list of statements from Samsung and carriers, Kelly has made a separate thread compiling them into one.

It's been posted on the OP as well.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...statement.html

dsignori likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:42 AM
    These type of things are one of the reasons that I never pre-order or buy on release day, always give it a month or two to see if there is any major flaws reported, usually price have dropped a good bit as well or good deals going.
    Well done to Samsung for doing something about it straight away
    You don't have to do anything.

No one has said anyone will be without a phone, Samsung isn't going to come take your phone.
    Then who are those people in black hat hiding in my bushes???
    Kelly Kearns and benjamminh like this.
    Yeah, uh, as an owner of an S7 Active that was one of the early batch that potentially had issues with water resistance, I'd be doing backflips if they'd recalled our phones and not just agreed to repair/replace in the advent of water damage. You guys have power in numbers since you own the flagship device. I'll just say Smart Switch worked for me when I transferred my setup from my original S7 Active to my replacement. I've heard that isn't always the case.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:43 AM
    The exploding issue could potentially effect every device. It could be a ticking time bomb situation. I've never seen a complete recall. I wonder how much this will cost them.
    CNN sold 7 billion
    09-02-2016 07:43 AM
    Then who are those people in black hat hiding in my bushes???
    Hahaha
    09-02-2016 07:44 AM
1,397 ... 3334353637 ...