09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    That would make sense... and "Dollars" do not always make "Sense"...
    Profit and greed go hand in hand. I say give these smaller companies a chance! At least they're not trying to rape us with prices.
    09-02-2016 10:23 AM
    According to this they are offering a similar device in exchange until the new ones are ready. Any recs on which one I should ask for? I have no idea what is similar to the N7 in their mind and want to be prepared. Thanks for all your input.

Dang I just got this N7 setup perfectly for me.

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Sales Suspended at Sprint | Sprint Newsroom
    Iphone... but you may never go back to the N7 when you see the "lack of issues" lol...
    09-02-2016 10:27 AM
    Anyone have any ideas how Best Buy will handle the Note 7 recall? I purchased my Note 7 at Best Buy for full retail and I can't find any info about the recall on its website.

I'm curious to.. My best buy has only been open for 30mins.. I'm going to return the phone.. I can't take risk of it catching on fire. they better not try to charge me restocking fee..
    09-02-2016 10:28 AM
    The thing is at least they are acknowledging it and willing to solve it. How many iPhones have exploded? How many times has Apple acknowledged or done something about it? At least Samsung is being proactive and not essentially telling customers to take their chances.

So yeah it sucks and may be a hassle but I'd rather be inconvenienced than set on fire while I sleep.
    09-02-2016 10:29 AM
    I am curious to see how they handle this. I have no interest in doing any type of permanent swap for a different device, and I just cant imagine they are going to start opening up boxes of other brand new devices for us to use for a couple of weeks. Even harder to imagine is them giving us a choice.

I may head down today and check things out. Chances are no one in the store will even be aware this is going on.
    09-02-2016 10:31 AM
    The thing is at least they are acknowledging it and willing to solve it. How many iPhones have exploded? How many times has Apple acknowledged or done something about it? At least Samsung is being proactive and not essentially telling customers to take their chances.

So yeah it sucks and may be a hassle but I'd rather be inconvenienced than set on fire while I sleep.
    Agreed! I give Samsung props for acknowledging the issue rather than doing nothing about it. Then again, phones blowing up (and possibly causing harm) would lead to class action lawsuits so it was unavoidable for them.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:32 AM
    If you keep the note 7 can you exchange it for a replacement one when they are ready
    I just tweeted best buy. They told me to contact Samsung for further instructions.
    Iphone... but you may never go back to the N7 when you see the "lack of issues" lol...
    Thought about that, but talked to a friend yesterday who was a previous iPhone, long-time, user who moved to Android and asked her if I should try one and she said emphatically "NO!". Said she nor her family would never go back because of various things and listed them out for me. Definitely won't be an iPhone. Tear down the walled garden and we can talk. JMO.
    09-02-2016 10:34 AM
    I'm kinda regretting paying full price now. With the flood of returns, I imaging we'd be able to pick up a refurb n7 for $100 or so in the next couple months
    Ludatyk likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:34 AM
    I am curious to see how they handle this. I have no interest in doing any type of permanent swap for a different device, and I just cant imagine they are going to start opening up boxes of other brand new devices for us to use for a couple of weeks. Even harder to imagine is them giving us a choice.

I may head down today and check things out. Chances are no one in the store will even be aware this is going on.
    Don't bother. They are still clueless. This is a temporary free swap until the new N7s are ready.
    09-02-2016 10:35 AM
    I can't open the link?
    09-02-2016 10:37 AM

That not really a fair statement. You don't know if Apple has done testing or not and actually found that something was wrong with a component or an accessory that was used. In this case Samsung found issue with a component so they kinda have to replace. I don't think it's wise to try to deflect to how other companies handled these situation. And let's he honest, iPhones sell way more in the first 2 weeks and how many reports of exploding iPhones during that time with even a larger sample size? Again, I just don't think it makes sense to worry about what Apple did. What if someone says "Samsung should test as well as Apple because they never had such a big safety issue so soon as launch". That's not fair to Samsung because no one knows how much testing they did relative to Apple or other companies. Best to look at the companies independently and not in relation to how other companies do business. Otherwise, the view is skewed favorable to the one you like.
    melonzzzzz likes this.

TBF Apple investigates those exploding phones. If there was a reason to recall I'm sure they would. Every one that I've read about had to do with not using certified MFI cables which falls on the user. They've fixed faulty equipment several times over the years. iPhone 5 batteries were replaced. I had a MBP that had a defective logic board, and they replaced it. You can hate Apple, but you can't really hate their customer service. It's the best I've ever experienced from a consumer electronics company.
    melonzzzzz likes this.
    Who said I hate apple? I own an iPhone 6 plus, an iPhone 6s and an iPad mini. Ive stated many times I dont hate Apple and I like them. My point is simple. There are dozens of reprted instances of iPhones exploding while in pockets, on nightstands etc and since I started owning iPhones with the 4 and everyone since then, there has yet to be a single acknowledgment that there could be a problem on some devices.
    09-02-2016 10:41 AM
    Samsung said they are replacing all.
    Samsung announced the solution. They are replacing all Notes worldwide.
    Samsung said.. Samsung, they are the authority here. They just announced this a few hours ago.
    No.
    Not all worldwide units. Many news sites reporting otherwise..here is the message on Samsung Hong Kong site itself if you need it (its in english so its the best one to choose) that hopefully finally convinces you:
    "Regarding enquiry to Samsung Galaxy Note7, all Galaxy Note7 sold from 2 September onwards at our authorized re-sellers or authorized distributors in Hong Kong and Macau are not affected. Consumer enquiry: please call our service hotline at 3698-4698."

Source:
    Samsung Hong Kong | Mobile | TV | Home Appliances
    09-02-2016 10:42 AM
    Here is my concern. Sprint, my carrier, is offering a "similar device until the issue is resolved". This seems fair enough, even if it is a pain for the customer. But, what of the accessories we have purchased? A Note 5 or a S7 Edge is too slippery for me to hold safely, and the N7 case I bought isn't going to help. I don't want to buy a case for a temporary phone. What of the extra chargers I bought? The new USB connector isn't going to work with those older phones.

I don't know that there is a good answer Samsung or Sprint could provide to deal with issues like these that are specific to the individual user.
    09-02-2016 10:43 AM
    Who said I hate apple? I own an iPhone 6 plus, an iPhone 6s and an iPad mini. Ive stated many times I dont hate Apple and I like them. My point is simple. There are dozens of reprted instances of iPhones exploding while in pockets, on nightstands etc and since I started owning iPhones with the 4 and everyone since then, there has yet to be a single acknowledgment that there could be a problem on some devices.
    Dozens over what span of time for what device model? That's the point. Just making a random statement about what happened to some devices over a span of several years doesn't mean they didn't handle. Means it was a different situation. In my opinion trying to praise one company while bashing another company based on unfounded statements doesn't make sense. Judge Samsung on their own merit, independently. Because one could say "Apple has never had to issue a full recall. They're QC is so much better than Samsung's". But that's unfair to Samsung because the situation is different and it tries to make Apple look better because something didn't happen to them when it doesn't actually mean their process is better.
    09-02-2016 10:44 AM
    I'm curious to know if the battery issue is only occurring for one type of charging (ex: wireless vs wired), and if it's only occurring during charging (and not use). One thing people may want to do for now (if planning to continue using the phone while waiting for recall notification) is charge in extreme power saving mode (which will keep the phone in a cooler state). If anyone hear "facts" (not rumors) about what conditions the explosions have occurred let the rest of us know.
    09-02-2016 10:45 AM
    To any Sprint users, it looks like we will get a loaner while our phones get replaced. I'm thinking probably an s7 edge or note 5.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theve...y-note-7-sales
    09-02-2016 10:47 AM
    I'm curious to know if the battery issue is only occurring for one type of charging (ex: wireless vs wired), and if it's only occurring during charging (and not use). One thing people may want to do for now (if planning to continue using the phone while waiting for recall notification) is charge in extreme power saving mode (which will keep the phone in a cooler state). If anyone hear "facts" (not rumors) about what conditions the explosions have occurred let the rest of us know.
    My guess is that Samsung lacks a large enough data set to understand the problem at the level of detail.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    This is why honestly I didn't order one yet I wanted reviews-I recall note 5 getting HOT as well as HTC one- too hot for me to feel comfortable with so returned them.
    Soon they'll be ok 100%
    Maybe it's too much stuff for the battery to handle?
    I can't open the link?
    Sorry. Works fine. I've posted it in multiple places. May be your device, your pc, your settings, etc. Wish I could help more.
    09-02-2016 10:48 AM
    And who said I praised samsung for this? I said "at least they are doing something about it". Did I say good job for having bad batteries, or kudos for putting people at risk? In the Active forum you can see just how unimpressed I am with Samsung and their QC department.

You're assuming an awful lot from a statement where I simply said its nice that they are acknowledging it and doing something about it.

And yes Apple handled it, after the fact on a per case basis.
    09-02-2016 10:48 AM
    I can't open the link?
    If you search for the Sprint Newsroom it will be the first thing you see.
    09-02-2016 10:49 AM
1,397 ... 4041424344 ...