09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 4344454647 ...
tools
    I'm wondering the same thing and if this isn't a much larger issue. The reason i question it is there have been reports of other previous Samsung (and Apple) devices catching fire and never has there been a world wide recall. Something doesn't add up.
    Samsung said because there were so many so soon after release. 35 exploded phones were sent in all over the world, 24 of those were found to have exploded due to a battery fault.
    Hoggles likes this.
    09-02-2016 11:29 AM
    People need to stop stuffing their phones in blankets, pillows, etc
    09-02-2016 11:30 AM
    TMO isn't confirming yet what to do of your bring the phone back yet. They are still trying to work out the details.
    The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues-capture.jpg

To me it appears that they are saying, 'bring the phone in for a refund, we will then let you pay for another one or wait the two weeks to get a non-exploding Note 7' I could be wrong but that is how I am reading it. I am just so disappointed! I love my phone and had it all set up the way I wanted.
    09-02-2016 11:31 AM
    I use my Note II Brick with a 6 ft Besty USB C cable I ordered online. My phone hasn't been warm once. The OEM cable/brick is still wrapped in the plastic ring. I hope we don't have to return the phone. I waited so long for another Note.
    09-02-2016 11:32 AM
    It was on top of her bedspread. If the phone is so unstable that it can only be charged while on certain types of surfaces it should never have hit the market. Period.
    J4To likes this.
    09-02-2016 11:33 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	238208
    TMO isn't confirming what people are supposed to do that used a Jump or Jump on Demand and turned in their only phone.

I've been in contact with them for the last several minutes
    alexeisch and Tabbiel1989 like this.
    Samsung said because there were so many so soon after release. 35 exploded phones were sent in all over the world, 24 of those were found to have exploded due to a battery fault.
    Yep... people who are mystified that a global recall is underway because of the 0.1% number, need to realize that number would only grow in the coming weeks and months. There are always one or two devices that go up in flames soon after any device releases...but when you get into the couple dozen "known" incidents in just 2 weeks... it's a major issue and easy to see why 0.1% means more than it seems.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    So there is an allowable amount of devices catching fire? Once over that threshold then a recall is in order?
    09-02-2016 11:34 AM
    It happend while CHARGING his phone and laying it on bed right? It didn't just explode by itself right??

And FYI, this happened to a friend of mine (not a friend of a friend of a friend…..). Check it out.

Attachment 238206
    09-02-2016 11:34 AM
    ... and pant pockets, or jackets, or purses, or lay it on wood tables or near flammable liquids. And for goodness sakes don't hold those suckers in your hand!!

alexeisch likes this.
    09-02-2016 11:36 AM
    So there is an allowable amount of devices catching fire? Once over that threshold then a recall is in order?
    No, they discovered this because so many happened. Most people don't realize that batteries explode with every phone. It is almost always user issue, using the wrong or cheap chargers.
    09-02-2016 11:37 AM
    It happend while CHARGING his phone and laying it on bed right? It didn't just explode by itself right??
    I'm sure it blew up with a bad charger whilst being suffocated
    There's an allowable amount of problems in anything. Nothing is 100% perfect.
    There's an allowable amount of problems in anything. Nothing is 100% perfect.
    Didn't say anything is perfect but an issue that can burn your house down is another story.
    Anyways, the likelihood of this being widespread is very small. But the fact that it has happened in the past with other devices and such a response was never given makes me wonder if its something on a larger scale that's all.
    09-02-2016 11:41 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing and if this isn't a much larger issue. The reason i question it is there have been reports of other previous Samsung (and Apple) devices catching fire and never has there been a world wide recall. Something doesn't add up.
    LOL, I was slammed yesterday in numerous posts in regards to the issues they are having. I was told basically that Samsung is Omni-Potent. Not hardly... There are way more issues in these phones than just the battery. I know that, because I have had 3 faulty phones. No, it won't be every phone, just like it won't be every TV, CAR, Electronic, etc... But for a lot of us, there are issues. And instead of saying there isn't any, people need to recognize there are widespread problems! Think of all the ones you're not seeing reported on forums like ReDDit, XDA, HERE and other forums. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean it's not happening. Some of our thresholds are different as well. And some people just LIE as to stand up for a phone/company/asset that just to stand up for them when in truth they are having issues too... It's just human nature...

In the end though, hopefully Samsung makes this right for the people who are dedicated to them and remain dedicated to them...
    That's not the case. This phone was on top of the bedspread, original charger.

And for the record, I LOVE my phone and I love Samsung as a whole. This just breaks my heart that they were doing so well and then this started happening......
    Yep... people who are mystified that a global recall is underway because of the 0.1% number, need to realize that number would only grow in the coming weeks and months. There are always one or two devices that go up in flames soon after any device releases...but when you get into the couple dozen "known" incidents in just 2 weeks... it's a major issue and easy to see why 0.1% means more than it seems.
    Note that it was an estimation. They could be wrong about that.

They're not taking any chances. They've practically stopped selling the phone, pulled down all inventory and recalled every Note7 out there. They've done this at huge financial expense in order to make sure that their reputation is still largely intact and that no controversy arises over a phone being a safety hazard to customers.
    I REALLY REALLY need to tell my daughter to stop plopping the power strip and every mobile device she has plugged into it laying on her bed like that.

09-02-2016 11:42 AM
    I think samsung has been pretty successful in testing their batteries in the millions of other devices they have sold in the past. Defective product making it through standardized tests is not unheard of. Again, warranties.
    SteelGator likes this.
    No, they discovered this because so many happened. Most people don't realize that batteries explode with every phone. It is almost always user issue, using the wrong or cheap chargers.
    I won't disagree with that. The FIRST photo/video you saw of the Note 7 had a black cord in it. Now, I don't know if the cords are different overseas but I highly doubt it. Especially when it had a USBC connector on the end of it. That warranty should be voided. On that note, there should also be a cut off internally on cables or voltages that exceed or don't meet standards set in place. This could be easily be done by Samsung via firmware.
    Samsung said they are replacing all.
    Samsung announced the solution. They are replacing all Notes worldwide.
    Samsung said.. Samsung, they are the authority here. They just announced this a few hours ago.
    Yes they did. Here is the actual South Korean site and the Samsung site.

Samsung announces global recall of Galaxy Note 7

https://news.samsung.com/global/stat...n-galaxy-note7
    These are good link to back up what you have been saying, but why would most news orgs (including this site) report that Chinese ones are not included, including this Korean site that quotes the CEO:

"“We are currently working with two or three battery-makers and the problem was found in only one of them,” he said. “There was a tiny problem in the process of manufacturing battery cells. Some issues related to ringing effects and insulation tape within cells appeared to cause the problem.”

Samsung plans to recall all Galaxy Note 7 units that used the battery from the problem battery-maker -- reportedly Samsung SDI -- in 10 nations. But, the company will continue to sell the smartphone in China, where the smartphone uses batteries from a different battery-maker -- reportedly a Chinese company. "
    Samsung announces global recall of Galaxy Note 7
    09-02-2016 11:43 AM
    I hate to say this but I have a feeling that the people who will hold on to these faulty devices will eventually run into this issue. Be safe folks!
    Kelly Kearns and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-02-2016 11:43 AM
    Didn't say anything is perfect but an issue that can burn your house down is another story.
    Anyways, the likelihood of this being widespread is very small. But the fact that it has happened in the past with other devices and such a response was never given makes me wonder if its something on a larger scale that's all.
    35 devices have exploded so far, 24 of those had battery fault. Samsung who made these and wants to make money, feels it is necessary to give you a new phone.
    09-02-2016 11:45 AM
    I hate to say this but I have a feeling that the people who will hold on to these faulty devices will eventually run into this issue. Be safe folks!
    I'm holding on to mine, at least until I get a microSIM adapter.

Maybe then I'll temporarily pick a backup phone to use until the replacement units arrive and I can get mine sorted.
    Verizon says it has stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7 and "through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it."
    So what are we doing? Keeping ours? Exchanging for a new Note 7? Or returning it and going with a completely different phone?
1,397 ... 4344454647 ...