09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    Thread re-opened.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-7-recall.html

As for the post above. We made it to help point out the issues via the article and how to get them fixed via the information that is out. That being said when we re-open this thread we want people to remember to follow P.U.P.P.A.H which is part of the rules (see here). We get that this is a very stressful situation for everyone. No one wants to recall their phone or have to go through that hassle but the fact of the matter is some of may have to. Let's all be helpful to each other and not go down the troll/insult road in this thread. It isn't needed since we are all in this together... None of us made this issue and it sucks for all of us.

Thanks.
    09-02-2016 01:32 PM
    As for what I will do -- I will be taking mine to T-Mobile since they're offering a full refund.
    seajypsy likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:36 PM
    The question is how safe it is to continue using the phone until the replacements come in. Cnet says they have sold 2.5 MM Note 7's, so while they say a couple of weeks, it could be longer to replace all of them. And I don't think Samsung recalls all of them unless this is very serious, so I am not sure how safe it is to continue charging these phones. Guess I have to wait for At&t to announce what they are doing and make a decision then.
    09-02-2016 01:39 PM
    As for what I will do -- I will be taking mine to T-Mobile since they're offering a full refund.
    Are you planning on returning it immediately? Did you stop using yours now?
    09-02-2016 01:39 PM
    The question is how safe it is to continue using the phone until the replacements come in. Cnet says they have sold 2.5 MM Note 7's, so while they say a couple of weeks, it could be longer to replace all of them. And I don't think Samsung recalls all of them unless this is very serious, so I am not sure how safe it is to continue charging these phones. Guess I have to wait for At&t to announce what they are doing and make a decision then.
    The way I see it is this... If the risk was very high then Samsung would have issued a statement to stop using the phone immediately.

Because they didn't, then I feel comfortable to use my note 7 until I can get a replacement. Just like my parents continued to drive their Toyota despite the unintended acceleration problem, until they could get it fixed.
    09-02-2016 01:41 PM
    Well, I assume you don't have a backup.

Perhaps you can head over to Walmart or Target and get one of those super-cheap smartphones for a pretty good price. There may also be some Moto Es on the cheap there, though the caveat is that they're probably carrier-locked.

The reason why I'm suggesting that is even though current stats say that the likelihood is rare, it's probably best that you power off the device and keep it in the box until the replacement is ready.
    21stNow likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:43 PM
    I think it is a small number of batches affected but no way to track that down so a full recall is the best option....So yeah People your phones may ok but there's no way to tell for sure...Better safe then sorry....I will use my device until I can swap or if att offers a loaner that I will be happy with
    09-02-2016 01:43 PM
    Just don't leave the phone unattended while charging. or sitting on top of a can of gasoline or anything else flammable.

The way I see it is this... If the risk was very high then Samsung would have issued a statement to stop using the phone immediately.

Because they didn't, then I feel comfortable to use my note 7 until I can get a replacement. Just like my parents continued to drive their Toyota despite the unintended acceleration problem, until they could get it fixed.
    09-02-2016 01:44 PM
    Are you going to go with another phone or get a replacement? I know you said they offer full refunds and I expect that is where you are heading, but I am curious
    09-02-2016 01:44 PM
    Are you going to go with another phone or get a replacement? I know you said they offer full refunds and I expect that is where you are heading, but I am curious
    I am not sure to be honest. I need a phone so waiting would suck... but not sure what phone I would buy from them.
    09-02-2016 01:45 PM
    Based on the specs that might be a serious option. Better camera, more ram, bigger battery, removable battery.

LG V20 - Full phone specifications
    Native wireless charging?
    09-02-2016 01:46 PM
    I am not sure to be honest. I need a phone so waiting would suck... but not sure what phone I would buy from them.
    I have a Nexus 5 for a good price. Not sure if it is a good price for me or for you 😆
    09-02-2016 01:46 PM
    I hate to say this but I have a feeling that the people who will hold on to these faulty devices will eventually run into this issue. Be safe folks!
    And when their house burns down they will be on here immediately talking about lawsuit.
    crystinonfire likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:47 PM
    Just got off the phone with Tmobile. Regarding swapping the phones out they said I would be able to keep my Note 7 and send it back to them AFTER I get my replacement shipped to me. That's good to know so I'm not stuck using the S7 or a loaner. They said call back next Tue or Wed for more info regarding wait times. I hope this is the case so I don't end up having to argue with the ding dongs at my closest store. I hate going to that store and would rather have the phone shipped to me.
    09-02-2016 01:49 PM
    I saw posted somewhere that here was going to be free 128gb micro sd card handed out .
    I alReady got the sd card,I want the watch now
    09-02-2016 01:49 PM
    Still have any warranty for a warranty exchange or are you trading it in?
    No, I'm keeping my Note 5 as a backup. Warranty is already expired since I got it last August.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:50 PM
    Just got off the phone with Tmobile. Regarding swapping the phones out they said I would be able to keep my Note 7 and send it back to them AFTER I get my replacement shipped to me. That's good to know so I'm not stuck using the S7 or a loaner. They said call back next Tue or Wed for more info regarding wait times. I hope this is the case so I don't end up having to argue with the ding dongs at my closest store. I hate going to that store and would rather have the phone shipped to me.
    I hope AT&T does the exact same thing
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:51 PM
    I purchased an S5 for back up. I'm going to return the Note 7 once that comes in and I'm going to wait for the LG V20 release. I just can't deal with the option of not being able to replace the battery.
    09-02-2016 01:52 PM
    No, I'm keeping my Note 5 as a backup. Warranty is already expired since I got it last August.
    Well hopefully you want have to wait very long.
    09-02-2016 01:52 PM
    Same here. Believe it or not, ATT just told me they won't honor the recall from a purchase from Target and my only option is to return within 14 days which is today. Of course, that can't be true but it shows what a cluster this is going to be.
    I just got out of an AT&T store. They told me I need to take the phone back to Target.
    09-02-2016 01:54 PM

I agree
    I hope the tmobile phone rep is right. I did message earlier tmobile on facebook the help page and they also basically said the same thing I'd be able to swap the unit out for a new one. My phone doesn't heat up while charging. Just tried it with the wall charger today, but if I have issues I can always pull out my S7 and use that for a couple weeks. That is unless the V20 which is supposed to be out in a few days looks great I might swap it for that.
    Exactly. Especially the removable battery part. I'm not really a huge fan of this internal battery.
    Would you prefer an external battery?
    09-02-2016 01:55 PM
    They are recalling yours. You can still get a refund. You need to contact Ebay. They will force the seller to accept a recall refund. They have to. I fogot when or what it was for, but recall issues and Ebay have happened in the past. And if I recall correctly, Ebay forced sellers to refund.

Recalls are part of the job of a seller on Ebay. They can't avoid them because their policy says "no returns".

Contact The Bay
    The first thing I would do is contact my carrier. Recalls are generally not limited to the buyer. The device has be determined to be a safety hazard, and Samsung has assumed responsibility. I don't think producing a receipt will be a mandatory part of this process. In the end, it is highly likely they will net out a brand new phone for a used price.

I doesn't hurt to contact Ebay, of course, it just would not be my first move.
    09-02-2016 01:55 PM
    I doubt AT&T will go this route...

They gave customers cheap boxes along charging the Note7 30 bucks extra. Somehow AT&T will go some off route option that makes customers scratch their heads.
    Jona005 and Law2138 like this.
    09-02-2016 01:56 PM
1,397 ... 4849505152 ...