09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 53545556
tools
    The problem is, will they back date the upgrade date to match the original upgrade date which I got the note 7?
    Original upgrade date.
    09-02-2016 03:43 PM
    ior ). He told me that as of 12:00 midnight they were informed about the recall. Holding on to my Note 4 won't break my heart for a bit longer. I do however feel for the one's who already have one.
    Spoke with TMO here, and they are taking back phones or giving the option to wait until the new ones come in... Though with the liability, they are a little bit adamant about getting the phones back.

Also (at least for this store) they stated they will keep the queue where it is. Meaning, if you return the phone, you will be priority for when the new ones come in. Existing orders will "not" jump your priority.
    If you give back the phone on the pretense of getting a new one sent to you when they come in, do they give you something in writing? I would think taking the phone back to them at the store would mean returning it and having to wait to repurchase it. I don't understand.
    Mine has given no indication it has an issue, so keeping it.
    As probably the North American models don't have a problem at all. However I would take advantage of swapping if for a new one in a couple weeks. Reason why is because when you go to trade it in or sell it and you have the older Note 7 you might not get anything for it or a lot less. So like most of us it doesn't have a problem, BUT when you go to sell it you might have a problem.
    09-02-2016 03:44 PM
    I contacted George who wrote the article for verizon... He said returns up to September 30th. If another rep has an issue, have them contact George.

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/me...start-tomorrow
    The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues-uploadfromtaptalk1472848989610.jpg
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    09-02-2016 03:45 PM
    As probably the North American models don't have a problem at all. However I would take advantage of swapping if for a new one in a couple weeks. Reason why is because when you go to trade it in or sell it and you have the older Note 7 you might not get anything for it or a lot less. So like most of us it doesn't have a problem, BUT when you go to sell it you might have a problem.
    They are now saying there are 1 million that might have the problem, 600K in South Korea.
    09-02-2016 03:46 PM
    If you give back the phone on the pretense of getting a new one sent to you when they come in, do they give you something in writing? I would think taking the phone back to them at the store would mean returning it and having to wait to repurchase it. I don't understand.
    No, you can keep the current Note 7. I spoke with Tmobile two different reps and they said we can swap them out when they get the new ones. I called the 1800 number as well and they said it wouldn't be a problem and that I can ship them my old Note 7 after I get the new one sent to me.
    09-02-2016 03:46 PM
    we will not be able to extend the return/exchange period beyond the 14 days.
    I guess customers who got their Note7 from Best Buy are practically on hold.

Best Buy is not going to do anything up to this point... Which doesn't make much sense, obviously there's a recall in progress.. But Best Buy will not extend the return/exchange policy.. I'm shocked.
    09-02-2016 03:48 PM
    No, you can keep the current Note 7. I spoke with Tmobile two different reps and they said we can swap them out when they get the new ones. I called the 1800 number as well and they said it wouldn't be a problem and that I can ship them my old Note 7 after I get the new one sent to me.
    Okay. So when they decide to send us the new Note 7s are they going to send us an email or call or contact us in some way to let us know they're going to send it so we can let them know where to send it?
    09-02-2016 03:49 PM

Best Buy is not going to do anything up to this point... Which doesn't make much sense, obviously there's a recall in progress.. But Best Buy will not extend the return/exchange policy.. I'm shocked.
    I have a feeling that will change or your carrier will arrange to trade them.
    Frankly I'm just going to see what Samsung does and hope I can do it directly through them. I got mine from Best Buy but they gave me $100 credit to the order and I don't want to lose it if I return the phone to them. Also, I'm traveling for the next 2 weeks..... They will let me on the plane with it, right? LOL
    Frankly I'm just going to see what Samsung does and hope I can do it directly through them. I got mine from Best Buy but they gave me $100 credit to the order and I don't want to lose it if I return the phone to them. Also, I'm traveling for the next 2 weeks..... They will let me on the plane with it, right? LOL
    You shouldn't lose any of the gifts if you exchange.
    09-02-2016 03:50 PM
    I got my phone via corporate. I talked to our IT person...the Verizon rep said that you can hold on to the phone until Sept 30th..by that time they should have replacements available. For me, my IT department will initiate the exchange...that means that they will send me a replacement BRAND NEW phone and I will pack this one up and send back with return label.

Now, HR is telling me the just monitor it since I sent my iPhone I had to another colleague who needed a phone.

This is what I am going to do and I suspect is what will end up being the norm.

FWIW the Verizon Rep handles large corporate customers and was just given this information 1 hour ago from up on high.
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-02-2016 03:51 PM
    I'm kind of getting the run around at tmo, but I don't blame them. I'm sure they're fielding a ton of questions and new situations so they don't have concrete protocols yet. I went to the store and they said I couldn't return my phone there and then since I had it shipped to me. They said I needed to send it back, but that I needed to send my iPhone (that's still in my possession since I hadn't gotten around to sending it back as part of my JUMP upgrade yet) first. I went home and called customer care and spoke with a really nice rep who said they shouldn't have done that. Right now she's getting clarification from management that I'd be allowed to return my phone back to the tmo store, get my refunds and JUMP upgrade reversed, and then come back for the new devices when they're available.
    09-02-2016 03:52 PM
    I'm kind of getting the run around at tmo, but I don't blame them. I'm sure they're fielding a ton of questions and new situations so they don't have concrete protocols yet. I went to the store and they said I couldn't return my phone there and then since I had it shipped to me. They said I needed to send it back, but that I needed to send my iPhone (that's still in my possession since I hadn't gotten around to sending it back as part of my JUMP upgrade yet) first. I went home and called customer care and spoke with a really nice rep who said they shouldn't have done that. Right now she's getting clarification from management that I'd be allowed to return my phone back to the tmo store, get my refunds and JUMP upgrade reversed, and then come back for the new devices when they're available.
    If that's the case I would rather do that. I ordered a back up phone so now I can send it or take it back or whatever without worrying about not having a phone.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-02-2016 03:53 PM
    You shouldn't lose any of the gifts if you exchange.
    It wasn't a gift - it was a credit to the order due to system issues they had in handling my order - so they refunded $100 of the cost. I guess come to think of it, they can't get their refund back if I do return the phone - but I want to be sure if I did, I would get full value back.
    09-02-2016 03:55 PM
    I am keeping mine. I only use the chargers made for it. I spoke with Samsung and they said that is was a very small amount in the US.
    Yes, and your phone could be a part of that "very small amount". For your safety, and those around you, I would exchange the phone when you can.
    09-02-2016 03:55 PM
    I have a feeling that will change or your carrier will arrange to trade them.

Most likely. But why even mention it, just acknowledge what's going on and inform the customer we have to get back with you on the matter since it's still fresh.

For some customers they rather not arrange a trade, but a return.
    09-02-2016 03:56 PM
    It wasn't a gift - it was a credit to the order due to system issues they had in handling my order - so they refunded $100 of the cost. I guess come to think of it, they can't get their refund back if I do return the phone - but I want to be sure if I did, I would get full value back.
    If you return the phone, they will give you the amount you paid. Exchanging it shouldn't be an issue.
    09-02-2016 03:57 PM

Wow that sucks
    09-02-2016 03:57 PM
    This sucks for Samsung. This is definitely going to affect them with the iPhone 7 less than a week away. And then they're going to have to convince people to buy after this mess.
    It also sucks for Android as a whole since Samsung is the top selling Android maker. I hope they resolve it, because it is a nice phone.

Well after all the issues I have had with three phones from Samsung and now on my 4th, I call this Karma. That being said, even though I was an iPhone guy prior, even they are having issues right now sourcing memory. So I would assume that Fruit is going be having problems if they don't get their QA process resolved.

The reason this happened with Samsung is they were trying to push the sales prior to Apple. Nothing more than greed.. and now they are paying the price for it. There are more than battery issues on the Note 7 (all be it) varied by carrier and user. ie. my case... bad reception, a notification sound that loops it self like a DJ is scratching a remix of it (only shut off by waiting 5/10 seconds or hitting power), and now where the contacts won't all come over and the I have the LAG. (Which I did not have on the prior three devices). I am tired of being the beta tester for TMO and Samsung. They should have tested this phone more throughly IMO before releasing this device to the masses.
    I agree with some of what you say, but they're just like any other company, they have to compete. The strategy has paid off for them in the past with every other Note introduction. I just hope when my phone is replaced, a lot of the issue will be resolved,
    09-02-2016 03:59 PM
    Most likely. But why even mention it, just acknowledge what's going on and inform the customer we have to get back with you on the matter since it's still fresh.

For some customers they rather not arrange a trade, but a return.
    Honestly the corporate office might not have given the stores info about this yet.
    SteelGator likes this.
    09-02-2016 03:59 PM
    Yea that is what the only store in my county says too. If you order a phone you have to deal with corporate which is stupid since I still ordered the phone in the store. I will likely just have them ship me my phone and send mine back so I don't have to deal with the morons at my store and long wait time that's the norm there.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-02-2016 04:01 PM
    They are now saying there are 1 million that might have the problem, 600K in South Korea.
    Wow, Korea sold that many phones alone?? 600k is a lot.
    09-02-2016 04:03 PM

They will probably just make the customers deal with Samsung directly, lazy on their part if this is the case.
    09-02-2016 04:03 PM
1,397 ... 53545556