09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Why would they recall? The only thing I have heard issues with is them holding shipments for Asian countries. Not the US?
    09-01-2016 10:15 AM
    I feel bad for Samsung when they are finally going strong with sales. Hopefully there won't be a recall outside of Korea.
    Samsung phones are manufactured in two places, South Korea and Vietnam. Now it comes down to which would be included, the international version only or all.
    09-01-2016 10:16 AM
    Why would they recall? The only thing I have heard issues with is them holding shipments for Asian countries. Not the US?
    Exploding batteries.

So far, they've pinpointed the issue down to a battery made by a South Korean subcontractor.

Not sure if any other phones are affected. They're probably running down the list now.
    09-01-2016 10:16 AM
    Mine ain't gone boom, or showed any heat anomalies. A volatile battery usually shows it's cards early and also has capacitance issues (noticeably lower battery life and heat). If it is 56 ohm pull resister, to battery power control issue (can make battery go boom)- that is usually also on these newer smart batteries. Smart to a fault.

Point is the device battery module needs to account for cheap a$$ non OE cables, connector and power supplies. Even an OE product can have quality issues, so the battery control on the device needs to be the gate.
    09-01-2016 10:17 AM
    The problem and testing is for the 8890 only. The snapdragon variant is fine.
    How do you know this?
    mhw100 likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:18 AM
    Mine ain't gone boom, or showed any heat anomalies. A volatile battery usually shows it's cards early and also has capacitance issues (noticeably lower battery life).
    Exactly, which makes me think these reports are false.
    09-01-2016 10:18 AM
    I have just been into a major phone shop in the UK (Carphone Warehouse) who have said all shipments of N7's have been stopped due to quality control issues.
    09-01-2016 10:25 AM
    I remember reading about how a guy dropped his phone, but no cracks, because it was so hot after taking it off charger
    09-01-2016 10:26 AM
    BGR is reporting that Samsung is now saying they will likely offer a full refund or replacement phone to the affected devices. However, they're still saying that as of right now, it only affects South Korea.
    I'm thinking that is only those manufacturered in SK. They only manufacturer in two countries.
    09-01-2016 10:27 AM
    I have just been into a major phone shop in the UK (Carphone Warehouse) who have said all shipments of N7's have been stopped due to quality control issues.
    They have their info wrong.
    09-01-2016 10:28 AM
    No they are recalling possibly in Belgium right now it seems. It looks like so far phones manufactured in SK only, but don't know if it affects all manufactured there.
    The reports are not false.
    09-01-2016 10:29 AM
    The reports aren't fake -- Just because it isn't happening to 100% of people doesn't mean there isn't a possible issue :P.
    09-01-2016 10:32 AM
    Samsung Electronics Co. is expected to announce an unprecedented recall of all of its newest Galaxy Note 7 phablets sold at home and abroad in less than a week, a company official said Thursday, after reports that a few of the devices exploded while being charged.

The Samsung official told Yonhap News Agency that the cause of the reported explosions has been traced to the battery of the new phablet.

http://m.yna.co.kr/mob2/en/contents_...0000000&mobile
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:34 AM
    Well, it looks like a recall is probably going to happen soon.

Yonhapnews Agency - Mobile
    09-01-2016 10:35 AM
    Samsung phones are manufactured in two places, South Korea and Vietnam. Now it comes down to which would be included, the international version only or all.
    Apparently it's not about where the phones are manufactured but the maker of the battery pack. I read there are 2 makers they use and only found the issue with one. So those are the ones they'll probably look to replace. Guess we will see if they find out more info.
    09-01-2016 10:36 AM
    I hope you are right as I was looking forward to getting one tomorrow, he did show me the where it said it on his stock page. I have also just read this-

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 delay confirmed in UK | TechRadar
    09-01-2016 10:36 AM
    I call B.S. until we get official sources.
    Not just BGR, most of the major tech sites are reporting. So until IL Samsung actually says anything, they are the sources lol. I believe they're all quilting Samsung as well. So we will see.
    09-01-2016 10:37 AM
    Apparently it's not about where the phones are manufactured but the maker of the battery pack. I read there are 2 makers they use and only found the issue with one. So those are the ones they'll probably look to replace. Guess we will see if they find out more info.
    Yeah it seems to be where they are manufactured because they also make batteries in the two countries also. They are only mentioning SK manufactured phones right now.

That could change, but right now it seems to be very tiny number of phones affected.

BUT news is being updated, that could change.
    09-01-2016 10:38 AM
    I hope you are right as I was looking forward to getting one tomorrow, he did show me the where it said it on his stock page. I have also just read this-

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 delay confirmed in UK | TechRadar
    I'd still be cautious if I were you.

I've had mine since August 18th and while it has been fine so far, I'm watching this space for any updates.

Honestly, every Note7 owner should too.
    09-01-2016 10:40 AM
    wow...very interesting. Full recall sounds like a possible scenario. Also, the quote sounds like they are considering replacing phone..and not just battery.
    Samsung Electronics Co. is expected to announce an unprecedented recall of all of its newest Galaxy Note 7 phablets sold at home and abroad in less than a week, a company official said Thursday, after reports that a few of the devices exploded while being charged.

The Samsung official told Yonhap News Agency that the cause of the reported explosions has been traced to the battery of the new phablet.

Your source they have their info wrong? Even Samsung said they halted production the other day.

Of note in this is "Products installed with the problematic battery account for less than 0.1 percent of the entire volume sold". So if true, 99.9% of phones are fine.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:41 AM
    Of note in this is "Products installed with the problematic battery account for less than 0.1 percent of the entire volume sold". So if true, 99.9% of phones are fine.
    Correct, as of now. It seems like a very small number affected.
    09-01-2016 10:44 AM
1,397 ... 56789 ...