09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Of note in this is "Products installed with the problematic battery account for less than 0.1 percent of the entire volume sold". So if true, 99.9% of phones are fine.
    Early days right now, but we'll see when this develops.

Really, even though mine has been fine, I'd still suggest that every Note7 user keep updated on this to see if their unit is affected.
    indydrummer likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:45 AM
    wow...very interesting. Full recall sounds like a possible scenario. Also, the quote sounds like they are considering replacing phone..and not just battery.
    Right now it seems to be a very specific group. It could be from a very specific batch of batteries, not all batteries in SK phones.
    09-01-2016 10:45 AM
    The Iphone 7 just started looking a lot better.
    Silly Putty likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:47 AM
    It didn't EXPLODE
    09-01-2016 10:50 AM
    Do you have this from an official source?
    Every single article out about this is stating it's a problem with the south Korean variant which is a exynos processor not the snapdragon.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:55 AM
    Every single article out about this is stating it's a problem with the south Korean variant which is a exynos processor not the snapdragon.
    I don't think that is true. Verizon seems to sell those manufacturered in SK and also Vietnam makes the Exynos variant also.
    09-01-2016 10:59 AM
    It's the battery. It just happens that the South Korean models have an Exynos chip.

It's likely in a few more devices sold in the US.
    09-01-2016 11:01 AM
    Exactly, which makes me think these reports are false.
    Not every cheap Asian hoverboard went boom either.
    crystinonfire likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:03 AM
    I really hope this has nothing to do with the US variants. I don't want anyone opening my phone up, it would definitely make me feel like the IP68 rating would be compromised. Mine has barley even gotten warm so far. My MXPE got wayyy hotter than this thing ever has.
    09-01-2016 11:03 AM
    Your source they have their info wrong? Even Samsung said they halted production the other day.
    Yes this is what the sales rep in he phone shop said to me
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:04 AM
    I hope they do a redesign on the case
    They said they are not and that samsung itself approved their design. I had a lengthy email exchange with them about it. Very disappointing as I had previously really trusted their cases.
    09-01-2016 11:06 AM
    I really hope this has nothing to do with the US variants. I don't want anyone opening my phone up, it would definitely make me feel like the IP68 rating would be compromised. Mine has barley even gotten warm so far. My MXPE got wayyy hotter than this thing ever has.
    IMO if it was US variants involved they would have to do something else besides replace batteries. That would mean almost all US models affected being sent into Samsung.

There aren't the number of walk in service centers located in the US like other countries. There are 4 or 5 at the most located here.
    09-01-2016 11:09 AM
    these stories are why people should never buy charging cables at a pharmacy. Not that usb-c cables are likely to be at pharmacy yet, but just saying.
    nonie and Nostromo79 like this.
    09-01-2016 11:09 AM
    I've seen a youtube clip claiming he used original cable/charger, and is in the us. anyway if it is a cable/port issue and not a faulty battery, then wireless charging should be fine...right??
    09-01-2016 11:20 AM
    The issue is third party cables and chargers... The ones following spec are ok
    A big part of the issues is determining who is following spec. Even those that say they are, may not be. For that reason, I have paid a lot of attention to what Benson Leung has tested, and only bought if he has given the OK. There are still plenty of affordable cords in list.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/...wl_rlist_go_v?
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:21 AM
    IMO if it was US variants involved they would have to do something else besides replace batteries. That would mean almost all US models affected being sent into Samsung.

There aren't the number of walk in service centers located in the US like other countries. There are 4 or 5 at the most located here.
    I agree. There are reports that Samsung is engaged with the carriers, even in the US to determine next steps. There will be more communication, so kudos to them. All reports that I have seen involve a new device, not a battery swap. Given the fact that they are all brand new, that is very believable, and proably a best practice in recalls.

That said, if the recall hits on the high volume side, think of the refurb sales that will happen!
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:27 AM
    First, USB-C is a whole different animal than micro USB... We went through this when the 6P/5X was released. Cables and bricks need to be on the up and up.
    Do you think the original Samsung brick with a "Benson approved" usb-c cable is safe?
    09-01-2016 11:30 AM
    Some articles saying that it could put back release in UK by a couple of months!!!!
    09-01-2016 11:32 AM
    Sthaaaapppppp instead of jumping the gun wait until there is comment on the issue from Samsung officially. There has been millions of unit sold and 5 have exploded. Retrospect Apple who has sold millions of units have had dozens of phone batteries explode...they are just better at isolating and paying the customer to be quiet. Samsung is taking a different approach. My guess is use the factory cable and charger and you will be fine. Should Verizon or other carriers recall the device well.... I damn sure won't allow it to be repaired for the 850$ I spent.

Edit: I spoke to verizon asked them about this issue, from what they explained they are not shipping out new units until Samsung sends units that provide a fix. I explained that I don't want my device repaired and they said that they will not be and are treating this as manufacturers defect meaning a new "non refurbished" device will be sent in its place. They are 2 to 3 weeks out from even having those. I asked will we get a call to replace? Or do I need to call in and she made it seem like its handled as a case by case basis.
    09-01-2016 11:33 AM
    Do you think the original Samsung brick with a "Benson approved" usb-c cable is safe?
    I believe they are safe, and I am using and will continue to use them. If the device is that sensitive -- and I do not think it is-- it needs to be fully recalled.
    nonie and libra89 like this.
    09-01-2016 11:33 AM
    There is going to be discussion of this, it can't be stopped.

If there is a recall, Samsung will tell Verizon and others what will be done. Samsung will make the decisions.
    cwbcpa and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-01-2016 11:42 AM
    Well they were already looking at pushed back release dates in some countries in Europe, due to high sales.

This could push it back more.
    09-01-2016 11:44 AM
    There is going to be discussion of this, it can't be stopped.

If there is a recall, Samsung will tell Verizon and others what will be done. Samsung will make the decisions.
    Lol Samsung cant even tell Verizon no to installing bloat to the phone or allowing the maintenance menu you to be stripped. Verizon will make Samsung pay for this one
    benjamminh and Ludatyk like this.
    09-01-2016 11:46 AM
    Anything with a battery in it has the probability.

Don't take the Murphy's law litrally
    nonie and Jona005 like this.
    09-01-2016 11:51 AM
    Not good news at all!
    09-01-2016 11:52 AM
1,397 ... 678910 ...