The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

This isn't the first glass back. It's not even the only one this year.
Doesn't mean it's going to fly with consumers or lawyers with all the breakage. something that gets such heavy use should never have a glass back. This is one situation in which I applaud the iPhone. Samsung will get extra insurance business along with Sprint and SquareTrade (I'm sure there's more). This is a flat-out win-win money situation for all involved except the consumers. ;)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

Doesn't mean it's going to fly with consumers or lawyers with all the breakage. something that gets such heavy use should never have a glass back. This is one situation in which I applaud the iPhone. Samsung will get extra insurance business along with Sprint and SquareTrade (I'm sure there's more). This is a flat-out win-win money situation for all involved except the consumers. ;)
What do you mean it won't fly with lawyers? Seems to be flying with consumers, right off the shelf.. Has been for a couple of years. I was fine without all the glass, but glass is what people want.

No one is forcing anyone to use Samsung phones. If they don't like the glass back, don't buy it.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance that my Note 7 will decide to randomly blow up?

Scary **** honestly. I'm using the ATT version and my phone gets pretty warm when charging. I'm obviously using the standard cables. Should I be able to return it no questions asked if this issue is still a question mark to samsung?

Lol

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance that my Note 7 will decide to randomly blow up?

No I'm nervous about this. One I was like ok freak accident. Twice now I'm a bit worried. Have not decidedd what I'll do. I draw the line at exploding devices.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

It takes a lot to get me concerned about these "issues" that one sees pop up after a new phone is released but I will add a little anecdotal data to the mix. The other night I grabbed my Note4 (original) cable and the Samsung usb-c adapter that was included with my Note7 as I was heading out for a last minute overnight away. Later that night I plugged it in and after about 15 minutes the adapter was so hot I couldn't touch it for longer than a few seconds without feeling it was going to burn me. Immediately unplugged it. It was WAY too hot. I won't be using that adapter ever again.

honestally I might report that so they know if they don't already. Just so they can do further testing. Better safe than sorry.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Apparently the areas being reviewed are the charging power functions and USB-C, but only the 8890 version. If Samsung had safety concerns for the 820 version, they would have stop alerts / recalls sent to retail. Not showing due diligence in these matters is pure lawsuit bait.

Not true. I just read some articles that it would be all models as it would be a battery issue and both models use the same battery.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-delayed-after-reports-of-battery-explosions/

Well that is what I got from it. Other articles say the halt was only in south korea. I don't know. Will obviously be watching this though.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I don't use 3rd party. My cables are Samsung. Only use what comes equipped with phone

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Iphones have also had similar issues too with the phones even burning up while in the users pocket.

anon(1499564)

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. I smell a class action suit over the glass issues. REALLY poor design idea to have a glass back. Might be "pretty", but that won't last long unless you have a serious case. I'm so on the fence about keeping or returning and only because of the glass back.
Yea. I would have prefer an aluminum back with a matte surface for better grip

avivzan

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I have to say the obvious, that all this issues are annoying but you know what they say about it, "patience is a virtue" so it's the time to practice some of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1