The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

I have to say the obvious, that all this issues are annoying but you know what they say about it, "patience is a virtue" so it's the time to practice some of it...
Well, they don't call us "early adopters" for no reason. ;)

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance that my Note 7 will decide to randomly blow up?

Two things here...

First, USB-C is a whole different animal than micro USB... We went through this when the 6P/5X was released. Cables and bricks need to be on the up and up.

Second... If you go out and search, you'll find examples of exploding iPhones, HTC 10s, Note 4s, etc. Some are because off cheap cables, others due to some internal defect. It remains to be seen if Samsung issues a recall, or determines that the cause was a poor third party cable or charger.

A single burnt Note 7 will get more attention than 100,000 working ones... Don't panic. 😀

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

I got mine thru Verizon so do you think they would let me rent a phone till I get my note 7 back?

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance that my Note 7 will decide to randomly blow up?

This makes me afraid to use the VR cause it heats the battery up.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

According to the report, if the recall is extended to other countries, and even more the US, they will specify which devices, likely by production date/place, are believed to be affected. They will then send you a battery, and you'll likely have to contact your carrier and find out their closest repair facility, and send the, your device. As far as a loaner, I've never had to deal with anything like this to need a loaner, so I'm not sure how the carriers would handle that part of the situation.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

Looks like my Note 4 will have to stay in operation a while longer. At least I found decent replacement batteries locally.

I still have the Note 4 in-service on my third line. The Note 4 was the toast of 2014! It's not even two years old yet. I found that my Note 4 will handle a 200 gigabyte micro SD card without issue. I've been using it for casting movies to the TV which is rather convenient.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

Exploding phones aren't new. They've been a thing for a while.

The profile on the Note 7's alleged issue is higher than most. Should this problem swell to greater proportions it would be akin to the Titanic sinking on its maiden voyage.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I feel bad for Samsung when they are finally going strong with sales. Hopefully there won't be a recall outside of Korea.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

This is scary.

Last edited:

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Doubt we would get loaners....

What's even more infuriating, is that they will open up our phones to replace the battery, jeopardizing the ip68 rating...

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, cuz I won't want the phone back if it does.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Apparently it is the 8890 version and the battery manufacturer for some of those batches, since made in same plant. Regional Samsung reps are not concerned about it in North America, but opposite for 8890 markets.

Samsung still has not stated there is an issue, but they are playing it safe.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site

Apparently it is the 8890 version and the battery manufacturer for some of those batches, since made in same plant. Regional Samsung reps are not concerned about it in North America, but opposite for 8890 markets.

Samsung still has not stated there is an issue, but they are playing it safe.

Where have you seen or heard that? I have only seen sketchy reports with little official information on the 8890 vs N.America version.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Local Samsung rep used to work with me at previous company. He probably does not know for sure, given Samsung's being tight with communication like Verizon. They talk though, since this means work and sales impact for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34