The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

Why would they recall? The only thing I have heard issues with is them holding shipments for Asian countries. Not the US?
No they are recalling possibly in Belgium right now it seems. It looks like so far phones manufactured in SK only, but don't know if it affects all manufactured there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Samsung Electronics Co. is expected to announce an unprecedented recall of all of its newest Galaxy Note 7 phablets sold at home and abroad in less than a week, a company official said Thursday, after reports that a few of the devices exploded while being charged.

The Samsung official told Yonhap News Agency that the cause of the reported explosions has been traced to the battery of the new phablet.

http://m.yna.co.kr/mob2/en/contents_en.jsp?cid=AEN20160901010900320&site=0200000000&mobile

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Samsung phones are manufactured in two places, South Korea and Vietnam. Now it comes down to which would be included, the international version only or all.

Apparently it's not about where the phones are manufactured but the maker of the battery pack. I read there are 2 makers they use and only found the issue with one. So those are the ones they'll probably look to replace. Guess we will see if they find out more info.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Apparently it's not about where the phones are manufactured but the maker of the battery pack. I read there are 2 makers they use and only found the issue with one. So those are the ones they'll probably look to replace. Guess we will see if they find out more info.
Yeah it seems to be where they are manufactured because they also make batteries in the two countries also. They are only mentioning SK manufactured phones right now.

That could change, but right now it seems to be very tiny number of phones affected.

BUT news is being updated, that could change.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

I hope you are right as I was looking forward to getting one tomorrow, he did show me the where it said it on his stock page. I have also just read this-

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 delay confirmed in UK | TechRadar
I'd still be cautious if I were you.

I've had mine since August 18th and while it has been fine so far, I'm watching this space for any updates.

Honestly, every Note7 owner should too.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site

wow...very interesting. Full recall sounds like a possible scenario. Also, the quote sounds like they are considering replacing phone..and not just battery.
Samsung Electronics Co. is expected to announce an unprecedented recall of all of its newest Galaxy Note 7 phablets sold at home and abroad in less than a week, a company official said Thursday, after reports that a few of the devices exploded while being charged.

The Samsung official told Yonhap News Agency that the cause of the reported explosions has been traced to the battery of the new phablet.

Yonhapnews Agency - Mobile

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Yonhapnews Agency - Mobile

Of note in this is "Products installed with the problematic battery account for less than 0.1 percent of the entire volume sold". So if true, 99.9% of phones are fine.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Of note in this is "Products installed with the problematic battery account for less than 0.1 percent of the entire volume sold". So if true, 99.9% of phones are fine.
Correct, as of now. It seems like a very small number affected.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Early days right now, but we'll see when this develops.

Really, even though mine has been fine, I'd still suggest that every Note7 user keep updated on this to see if their unit is affected.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

wow...very interesting. Full recall sounds like a possible scenario. Also, the quote sounds like they are considering replacing phone..and not just battery.
Right now it seems to be a very specific group. It could be from a very specific batch of batteries, not all batteries in SK phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz