The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance that my Note 7 will decide to randomly blow up?

Scary **** honestly. I'm using the ATT version and my phone gets pretty warm when charging. I'm obviously using the standard cables. Should I be able to return it no questions asked if this issue is still a question mark to samsung?

I'm at AT&T now returning mine. Not risking my family's safety over a phone. Or my safety. I mean this thing is always in my pocket, hand or on my face.

Plus Samsung and AT&T both have 💩💩💩💩 customer service. I couldn't even imagine how poorly they would handle a recall.

Well it was short but fun.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance that my Note 7 will decide to randomly blow up?

I'm at AT&T now returning mine. Not risking my family's safety over a phone. Or my safety. I mean this thing is always in my pocket, hand or on my face.

Plus Samsung and AT&T both have 💩💩💩💩 customer service. I couldn't even imagine how poorly they would handle a recall.

Well it was short but fun.

I have been pretty lucky with Samsung customer service. Sorry you are worried about your phone blowing up. Hope you enjoy whatever phone you pick.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

If there's a quality related recall, I wish Samsung also fixes the speaker, the problem with no vibration, and whatever else people seriously complain about.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

With tomorrow being the last day of the return policy for Verizon I'd expect no announcement impacting verizon customers before Monday :)

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

just read an article on "mac rumors" stating that an unknown official is saying they will be requesting everyone to return their phones....not sure how true that is tho.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: If sealed batteries are a liability for cellphones should Samsung move toward swappable batterie

The topic is about removable batteries... If Samsung had a removable battery in the note 7 then it would have been an easier fix. Obviously since it is not removable then they would probably have to do an exchange of some sort

My response is also addressed to your post which said that even if removable, it would still be an issue... Which is true... But a much easier one to remedy if Samsung had chosen to do a removable battery

The topic is about sealed batteries being a liability, presumably the reason the OP brought it up is due to the latest reports.
However, yes, the OP could have been speaking in general terms.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

Korean ones are shipped all over the world. The make the phones in Korea, Vietnam and China.

We know nothing yet, Samsung has said they will be letting everyone know soon.

I think you hit the nail on the head here.... It could very well be, that N7's specifically made in Korea are the troubled ones. Not just N7's sold in Korea, as the reports kind of make it seem. That's an important detail for sure. And as we know, people in the states have a mix of those three countries for manufacturing that you mentioned.

If it's a case of any suspect N7's already in the hands of people outside of Korea, they would "potentially" have to do a full blown recall of all N7's. Crazy.

subraya

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Using 3rd party chargers is always risky. It is known and even mentioned to use the provided cable for charging the device. The battery is designed in a way in which it needs to get the exact same amount of charger per second, if that increases then obviously the battery cannot handle the excess charge that gets rapidly added to it and explodes. This is one of the major reasons which causes batteries to explode. It's good Samsung have called back their devices for further quality testing.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: If sealed batteries are a liability for cellphones should Samsung move toward swappable batterie

The ultimate problem isn't with the batteries themselves it's the fact that people are using cheap and fake 3rd party charging cables and adapters. This goes for any and all phone. Always always always use the chargers and adapters provided with the phone and get extra from the actual manufacturer. I never ever buy cheap cables and adapters. I always spend the extra cash on getting the original because the fake cable and adapter WILL damage the phone and battery, removable or not.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

This is the exact reason I never buy new devices when they are first released. Sometimes the first batch of devices have issues with them that are only discovered from user experience. I won't be purchasing my Note 7 until around Christmas time. Hopefully this issue is fixed by then.

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

The amount of "News" on this is hilarious. Even the more known outlets are taking unknowns to apparent knowns. One media says Samsung says it is not the battery another says it is the battery. One says Korea and another says global. Whatever the case, Apple must be ROTFL right now. Samsung might have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Jeepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol