The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

Would hope they would swap faulty units for new given the cost of these high end devices. I can see scratched glass and scuffed bezels after a battery swap being the next problem for Samsung!

Same here. I would think if the recall is just for units in Korea and certain countries which is the hunch I have then they likely will just swap the units out for new ones. I really don't see Samsung swapping out every single unit for ever single Note 7 owned. That would take big $$$ which would be a mega $ blow to the company and would take months to do to produce enough replacement models.

I still think this is an isolated incident though. If it's a samsung charger issue then I could seem them sending us new chargers, but a recall for every single model I don't think will happen unless there is no other choice. I would think these 400,000 units will be the first to be recalled and if issues persist in other units then recall them.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

If all the note 7s are recalled and give the option of getting a new unit or a refund, will you choose to get a new unit or use the refund and get a Iphone 7Plus later this month?

For me I would probably take a replacement unit. I'm so used to Android and love the Spen and Iphone doesn't offer a Note like phone.

I'm not sure about LGV20 because of their quality issues as well with their phones. Even Apple has issues too they try to always hide under the rug.

If they offer replacement Notes I would take it.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

A recall would not change the fact that this is the best phone available.

What if you have to send in your phone and then send you back a refurbished unit. Then it would be the best phone that-maybe-fell-in-someones-toilet.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

If the battery is fault, users that have used the device already would know. They would have insanely poor battery life, hot running devices, and or it went boom.

That not true. A defective item doesn't have to show its defects early. It could take a little while especially depending on the chargers and adapters people are using.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I'd take a new Note 7. Don't even have to think about that one lol

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

The other thing to consider is the impact this might have on future resale value. For many this is probably not a big deal, but for people like me who go through 3 or 4 phones per year, resale is a really big deal.

Great point. This why I'm doing the upgrade every year stuff with my carrier. Just give them the device back and get something else. Or I'll pay to upgrade sooner if necessary.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am up in the air. I would want a new one but may be a little weary .. And with the V20 coming out I would possibly try that? We will see.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

Just have comfort in knowing that with all the worldwide attention Samsung is getting (Even CBS News!) over the Note 7 prone to exploding, that once resolved, every part of that phone will be scrutinized and manufacturing and QC will be watched so closely, the phone will be solid as a tank or their rep is ruined with any more issues. I mean the phone hasn't been out a full two weeks has it??

I will be watching for the Note 7v2.0 and reconsider getting one.

Oh I know, it sucks for you. Maybe this can even help the S7 Active issue move along though..

alt075

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm using the samsung wall charger with a "benson approved" i-orange 6ft cable. I hope I don't burst into flames.

We could start taking bets on whos phone goes first;) hahahah ok just kidding. I just can't help myself. lol

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm keeping this phone recall or not. I'm getting the best battery life of any phone I've ever used. I love everything about it. Nope, I'm keeping it.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

True.. But, Samsung is looking into this unlike Apple acting like Touch Disease doesn't exist and it is rampant.

If they like the iPhone 7 more than the GN7 and bought the GN7 anyways...I'm sorry, but they shouldn't be in the GN7 market in the first place.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is there a chance that my Note 7 will decide to randomly blow up?

I use CF temperature and the highest i ever saw it get (and i'm talking "fry an egg on it" hot) before i was like YOWZA!! was145 degreesFarenheit and i shut it down... It cooled off in about 30 seconds......

Anyone know what degree threshold it can safely reach BEFORE its time to panic??!!

BTC

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

If they like the iPhone 7 more than the GN7 and bought the GN7 anyways...I'm sorry, but they shouldn't be in the GN7 market in the first place.
I'm not really sure what that has to do with the subject we were discussing.

Many people aren't exclusively iPhone or Samsung.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: If sealed batteries are a liability for cellphones should Samsung move toward swappable batterie

Depends on where you are. Closest one to me is 5 miles or so... But sure there aren't many so many people are out of luck
Yeah they only have 3 listed on their site now. They don't have Dallas/Ft Worth listed though and that is their main walk in.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I would imagine this would work like an automobile car recall.

I am sure samsung has serial numbers of when and where all parts of the phone were made. They will internally
do a search of all those numbers and tell people if their phone is part of that batch it has to be sent back.

I DO NOT think a total recall will happen.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

My note 7 just exploded. I know this because something bounched out the bottom when I picked the phone up off the charger. It looks like a small missle. So they put small missles into the phone. No wonder they are blowing up. The color even matches the device. Very clever samsung.

In all seriousness what were they thinking by supplying us with short baby cables? If I didn't have wireless chargers I'd have no choice but to use an alternative cable. Maybe this was all part of their plan. To force us into using alternative cables and then blame us for their fault.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but this must be solved. The only way we can solve this is to break into area 51. And if your still reading this then you must be as bored as I was when I wrote it.

Laugh.jpg

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I would imagine this would work like an automobile car recall.

I am sure samsung has serial numbers of when and where all parts of the phone were made. They will internally
do a search of all those numbers and tell people if their phone is part of that batch it has to be sent back.

I DO NOT think a total recall will happen.

arnold-total-recall.jpeg

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Same here. I would think if the recall is just for units in Korea and certain countries which is the hunch I have then they likely will just swap the units out for new ones. I really don't see Samsung swapping out every single unit for ever single Note 7 owned. That would take big $$$ which would be a mega $ blow to the company and would take months to do to produce enough replacement models.

I still think this is an isolated incident though. If it's a samsung charger issue then I could seem them sending us new chargers, but a recall for every single model I don't think will happen unless there is no other choice. I would think these 400,000 units will be the first to be recalled and if issues persist in other units then recall them.

God, I hope you're right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34