The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

As posted in the other thread unless they can't give me a brand new one, no.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

If it's "2" defective phones, a worldwide recall wouldn't be on the cards, now would it?

To the naysayers, it might be your unit next that catches fire or explodes. You just don't know.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

If it's "2" defective phones, a worldwide recall wouldn't be on the cards, now would it?

To the naysayers, it might be your unit next that catches fire or explodes. You just don't know.
Oh.. Samsung made a statement? Got a link?

I think it is 6 total phones.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

If Samsung offered a replacement tomorrow I would say no. My phone is amazing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Oh I would take the replacement. If there is a recall, those phones will be tested and no worries.

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Thing is if you bought one of these and had any plans of using the stylus, what else is there? There's a world difference between this phone and the LG stylo....

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Oh.. Samsung made a statement? Got a link?

I think it is 6 total phones.

First it was 2, now 6. No doubt this number will increase. 6 phones that catch fire is actually a high number as it clearly shows it is not an isolated event and is a problem with the phone inherently.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

First it was 2, now 6. No doubt this number will increase. 6 phones that catch fire is actually a high number as it clearly shows it is not an isolated event and is a problem with the phone inherently.
Actually no. First it was one, then a second and reports of like six are in.

Right now the only common factor is cheap, badly made, charging equipment.

If that is the case, that isn't Samsung.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

And maybe they'll quietly take care of the glass issue... All of a sudden phones are able to not crack when dropped with a case or tap against a desk taking it out of ones pocket. Then I will be buying one of those v2.0 phones ASAP. :cool:

Oh I would take the replacement. If there is a recall, those phones will be tested and no worries.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

But they give you adapters so that you can use practically any old cable you have lying around without any warning. Or do they (I don' have a manual).

I don't know about USBC ports but I wonder why the port doesnt have some chip to regulate power and terminate when exceeds an amount of power or rate of power?

Actually no. First it was one, then a second and reports of like six are in.

Right now the only common factor is cheap, badly made, charging equipment.

If that is the case, that isn't Samsung.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not Concerned About Recalls

Your phone works fine until it doesn't.

I haven't heard anything definitive about a recall outside of South Korea, but if they recall it, take advantage and get it exchanged.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

But they give you adapters so that you can use practically any old cable you have lying around without any warning. Or do they (I don' have a manual).

I don't know about USBC ports but I wonder why the port doesnt have some chip to regulate power and terminate when exceeds an amount of power or rate of power?
They give you adapters, they say with all their phones to use Samsung chargers only.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I'm not here. My phone doesn't heat up hardly at all even when charging with fast wall charging. Only time it did was installing updates it got a bit warm. My s7 seemed to heat up a bit more.

It is looking like these few units that imploded they were using cheap chargers along with the converter possibly. In the past various Iphone models also had a few similar cases and the issue wasn't blown up.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I'm not worried about the actual phone exploding. I'm worried about a recall and having to send it back for some reason or risk losing warranty.

If this happens I'm not going to be happy at all.

b1time

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

That's what I'm thinking too. Why would anyone use a cheap $3 charger on a phone that cost at least $850 is beyond me.

A lot of people do it, I've seen several on our forums post they are buying cheap chargers for the Note 7.

People can buy inexpensive without buying cheaply made.

Boggles my mind. I use this cable along with the sammy OEM brick. Phone warms a bit but not out of the ordinary.

However I must say that I use the samsung fast wireless charger at work. It takes longer to charge and the phone gets a bit warmer.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

They give you adapters, they say with all their phones to use Samsung chargers only.

I'm thinking they will tell people to stop using converters then and only Samsung or brand name cables. Regarding using cheap cables, USBC is fairly new still and I wouldn't trust the technology with cheap cables yet.

This Note 7 is the coolest running phone I've ever had. It seldom ever heats up. Cooler running than my S7.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Agreed, there is something odd about this.

Besides, what guarantees the phones will still be safe after being recalled?

Yea. If it's because of the Iphone 7 coming out and trying to hope to hurt Note 7 sales, I hope karma comes back to bite apple!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Count me in as not paranoid about the exploding phone :) I am more paranoid that the chances of the weak phone glass spontaneously cracking at its curve is more likely to happen within the first year of ownership than the chances of explosion. Really.

But even a small percentage if true the whole thing needs to be looked at. Anyone can be that one in a million. I had a one in a million moment, or felt like it, before nearly burned my house down.

Unrelated story to my moment... I see my daughter... these kids live with the power strip on their bed with the macbook, ipad, iphone all plugged and running and resting on their beds and you can feel the heat because like the laptop has cut air flow laying on mattress and they leave the house left running all day like that! Ugh! All I need is a one lame machine to overheat on the mattress while away :confused:

I'm gonna step away and have a talk with my daughter again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49