The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

I have a feeling this is an isolated incident and there will be no massive recall. Everybody's worried because of the attention it's grabbed. If devices were prone to explode we'd be hearing a lot more than just a handful of incidents. This forum would be filled with them.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I have a feeling this is an isolated incident and there will be no massive recall. Everybody's worried because of the attention it's grabbed. If devices were prone to explode we'd be hearing a lot more than just a handful of incidents. This forum would be filled with them.
It's still early days for now, but we'll know soon enough if this is really something serious enough to warrant a global recall.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not Concerned About Recalls

Count me in as not paranoid about the exploding phone :) I am more paranoid that the chances of the weak phone glass spontaneously cracking at its curve is more likely to happen within the first year of ownership than the chances of explosion. Really.

But even a small percentage if true the whole thing needs to be looked at. Anyone can be that one in a million. I had a one in a million moment, or felt like it, before nearly burned my house down.

Unrelated story to my moment... I see my daughter... these kids live with the power strip on their bed with the macbook, ipad, iphone all plugged and running and resting on their beds and you can feel the heat because like the laptop has cut air flow laying on mattress and they leave the house left running all day like that! Ugh! All I need is a one lame machine to overheat on the mattress while away :confused:

I'm gonna step away and have a talk with my daughter again.

Relax dude.... it's a rarity. Yes, it does happen, but not usually.... that's what insurance is for..... in case **** happens....

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

I think Samsung took a good decision even though they knew it would hurt them. They are thinking about their costumers. I think only those facing over heating issue should return it if they can and wait for a fresh batch. Others shouldn't worry at all. Because I see some people ARE facing heating issues some aren't.

And lol to the one blaming apple for this. You are way ahead of the curve.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

I do love the phone, but I think it would depend on how the recall is handled. If they are going to give me a refurbished unit or repair my device I may pass and look to the Moto Z when it comes out. If they are giving brand new devices then I would stick with the note I think.

Problem there is not enough refurb Note 7s to go around, probably very few. How would they have millions ready? Even Note 5s not enough refurbs. Also I'm not sending my in even though I have a S7 I can still use. I would gladly send it in after they send me a new phone.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I think Samsung took a good decision even though they knew it would hurt them. They are thinking about their costumers. I think only those facing over heating issue should return it if they can and wait for a fresh batch. Others shouldn't worry at all. Because I see some people ARE facing heating issues some aren't.

In cases like this, the safety of their customers along with brand reputation should ALWAYS take priority over profit.

Companies are expected to do the same in similar situations, though some don't.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Probably going back to my gold S7 Edge until I see what Nokia's Android offerings are like. Unless they send me a new replacement before I have to send back the old one. Would be nice if it turns out my Note 7 isn't affected though.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

What a monumental embarrassment this is for Samsung and just before a new iPhone release. Here in Australia, the major online stores do not list the Galaxy Note 7 at all. This is telling.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Sticking with the Note7.

I still love the thing and I am absolutely hooked on the S Pen.

It's hard for me to go to anything else at this point unless they offer a similar form of stylus input.

Let's see how Samsung handles this issue, though. They seem to be doing everything right so far given what's at stake.

As for refurbs or new replacements, since it's a recall, I'd expect new replacements.

Last edited:

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I am a little cynical, but they are doing it so they don't get their *** sued.
If you have a recall on phones that can possibly explode, they have no choice

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

I love my Note 7. Have zero issues. My question is - can Samsung force you to hand back your phone? Or if you refuse and keep it will they null and void warranties etc? I presume they would. That would make resale impossible of course. Such a shame because my phone is behaving so well. I would only accept a new unit given the investment I've made. A refurb would be considered a real fob off.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

Carnac the Magnificent hereby assures the weak of heart that there will be no recall! Cheerio.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

. Reports from Samsung are problem batteries are 0.1% of total build. Still a lot of phones but hope they can identify, isolate and resolve.

In South Africa Vodacom started with distribution in store yesterday(1st of Sept) Got my pre-order confirmation and delivery reference number at noon. Just after 13h00 the same Vodacom consulatant who handled my pre-order called to inform me that Samsung SA had put a halt on all distribution in the RSA to verify batch information. They (Samsung) hoped to release the local deliveries "soon" but before the original release date of 23rd September. Exynos version

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I am a little cynical, but they are doing it so they don't get their *** sued.
If you have a recall on phones that can possibly explode, they have no choice
TBH, this is expected out of every company if something similar happens to their products. They know what they're in for if they don't.

Just ask GM.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

It's still early days for now, but we'll know soon enough if this is really something serious enough to warrant a global recall.

Absolutely, I'll keep my eyes to what develops just to be aware but I'm not entirely too worried about it personally.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

In South Africa Vodacom started with distribution in store yesterday(1st of Sept) Got my pre-order confirmation and delivery reference number at noon. Just after 13h00 the same Vodacom consulatant who handled my pre-order called to inform me that Samsung SA had put a halt on all distribution in the RSA to verify batch information. They (Samsung) hoped to release the local deliveries "soon" but before the original release date of 23rd September. Exynos version

Hopefully this is an indication that its only certain batches and that they can pinpoint which are involved.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely, I'll keep my eyes to what develops just to be aware but I'm not entirely too worried about it personally.
I'm not too worried either but I'm still rather concerned as I want to know if my phone is affected.

It hasn't thrown up warning signs and hasn't heated up to bad levels on a charger, but I'm not going to assume anything until official word comes out.

I still love this thing, though. Maybe I'm weird, but it seems to be getting better and better.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm not too worried either but I'm still rather concerned as I want to know if my phone is affected.

It hasn't thrown up warning signs and hasn't heated up to bad levels on a charger, but I'm not going to assume anything until official word comes out.

I still love this thing, though. Maybe I'm weird, but it seems to be getting better and better.

If this is real, only less than 0.1 percent of the phones are affected.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

No one is blaming Apple but the fact pro-Apple sites are pumping this story speaks volumes.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Hopefully this is an indication that its only certain batches and that they can pinpoint which are involved.

That is what is likely the case and US consumers hopefully won't be affected much. However this is bad because it will hurt Samsung and help the competition such as LG for example and Apple. Especially with the V20 also coming up soon. Android users who like bigger screens might jump ship or decide not to buy Note 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user