The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

That is what is likely the case and US consumers hopefully won't be affected much. However this is bad because it will hurt Samsung and help the competition such as LG for example and Apple. Especially with the V20 also coming up soon. Android users who like bigger screens might jump ship or decide not to buy Note 7.

I don't understand why GN7 users would be interested in the iPhone or V20. Two completely different phones for different niches.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That is what is likely the case and US consumers hopefully won't be affected much. However this is bad because it will hurt Samsung and help the competition such as LG for example and Apple. Especially with the V20 also coming up soon. Android users who like bigger screens might jump ship or decide not to buy Note 7.
The V20 is designed for a different group of consumers, though. Mainly audiophiles due to its audio chops.

The Note mainly appeals to those who want a productivity-focused device and/or have a use for the S Pen.

They have similar hardware, so it comes down to the software and special features of each.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Not Concerned About Recalls

Surely if Samsung could identity which units had defective batteries then they would issue a selective recall? The fact that there now appears to be a global halting of stock doesn't bode well. If they can't isolate which units contain the potentially defective batteries then they most likely will have to recall all units. I can't even imagine the cost. I was berated by another member for saying I felt sorry for Samsung but I do. It looks like all the shine from the Note 7 will be destroyed because somewhere along the way their battery suppliers have made a boo boo. The timing with the iPhone 7 launch is galling for Samsung and I feel for them, even if I have to send my phone back as a result.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not Concerned About Recalls

Surely if Samsung could identity which units had defective batteries then they would issue a selective recall? The fact that there now appears to be a global halting of stock doesn't bode well. If they can't isolate which units contain the potentially defective batteries then they most likely will have to recall all units. I can't even imagine the cost. I was berated by another member for saying I felt sorry for Samsung but I do. It looks like all the shine from the Note 7 will be destroyed because somewhere along the way their battery suppliers have made a boo boo. The timing with the iPhone 7 launch is falling for Samsung and I feel for them, even if I have to send my phone back as a result.
It doesn't seem to be global, just the international versions. Right now there doesn't seem to be a halt in the US.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Surely if Samsung could identity which units had defective batteries then they would issue a selective recall? The fact that there now appears to be a global halting of stock doesn't bode well. If they can't isolate which units contain the potentially defective batteries then they most likely will have to recall all units. I can't even imagine the cost. I was berated by another member for saying I felt sorry for Samsung but I do. It looks like all the shine from the Note 7 will be destroyed because somewhere along the way their battery suppliers have made a boo boo. The timing with the iPhone 7 launch is galling for Samsung and I feel for them, even if I have to send my phone back as a result.

How are they going to produce enough phones in an appropriate amount of time to replace defective units? That will take months.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

You can order them at Verizon, TMO and Samsung USA for shipping next week.
144d08e189c55ba1fbe296540a4de7be.jpg

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Just thought I would say, I am not at all concerned about this suppose it exploding battery issue and any imminent recall. My phone works just fine, thank you. And it seems to me that it takes a special kind of paranoia to worry about a defect that at most, is said to be found in one out of every ten thousand units, and even that tiny fraction does not represent the number of people who have actually had their phone explode. In fact, I've only heard of two confirmed reports out of the millions sold. I recently had surgery, and I can assure you that the odds of a person dying during even the most minor surgery are greater than the odds of being that one person out of three or four million people who has their phone explode.

I'd like to hear from anybody else who is part of the no paranoia Club.
I'm not paranoid either. The only time my phone got a little hot was when I tried using that stupid adapter to use the USB charger from my Note 4. Both were Samsung. Other than that nothing. Plus one of those phones that "blew up" seemed fishy to me. One of them didn't even have a legit Samsung logo on them. My phone is working fine. I've seen people complaining about their phone doing this and that and I've had no problems. I'm really happy with it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
re: Galaxy Note7 shipments delayed for "quality testing"

My daughter used the branded Samsung wireless charger and she mentioned that it got warm.
This isn't a case of the phone getting warm... Seems to me that there was an issue with a pack's construction (perhaps by a single subcontractor) that is making it more prone to failure under charging.

Sounds like a small percentage of phones made are susceptible, and even those, we're hearing of only a few actual incidents (not 'a buddy's boss says he knows someone').

I just got my wife's new Note 7... I was going to put it through its paces before giving it to her anyhow... And I'll just keep it on good charging gear, which i was going to do even before this. If it gets recalled, so be it. The replacement will be fine and she'll still enjoy her new Note.

And I'll most likely get some more free stuff from Samsung out of the deal. Works for me.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm not paranoid either. The only time my phone got a little hot was when I tried using that stupid adapter to use the USB charger from my Note 4. Both were Samsung. Other than that nothing. Plus one of those phones that "blew up" seemed fishy to me. One of them didn't even have a legit Samsung logo on them. My phone is working fine. I've seen people complaining about their phone doing this and that and I've had no problems. I'm really happy with it.
Samsung didn't put front logos on the S7 in Japan, China or South Korea. I'm guessing it is likely the same with the Note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar