The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if there will be an option for a refund?
I have no idea. You ordered from Samsung, so you should contact them.

Samsung is replacing hundreds of thousands of phones that don't seem to have an issue. I'm sure they will make this as convenient as possible for customers.

Last I heard they are planning to have all new phones completed within two weeks, so they are doing everything they can.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that is what they intend. I think when your phone is ready, you will likely pick it up.

They have to make the phones again.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
No way they will let you keep your old phone until after they send you a replacement! Way to much room for abuse. I think it will be a case of informing us that the replacements are ready and then arranging returns.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Should I stop setting up my Note 7 now?

Or can I do a full backup and restore for when my non exploding replacement arrives? Sorry for the noob question. Do you need to sync to a computer or can it be dealt with in the cloud?

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Maybe the new phones will also have improved glass?

I'm in the UK so what happens then do we keep these phones till the new one are ready cause I've sold my old phone and can't be with out a phone bit gutted this one works flawless don't get warm or anything

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
No way they will let you keep your old phone until after they send you a replacement! Way to much room for abuse. I think it will be a case of informing us that the replacements are ready and then arranging returns.

Who said they're going to let you keep the old phones? Of course not! Not only it is a 'safety hazard', the company will be liable for damages/lawsuits if something is truly faulty with the phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Maybe the new phones will also have improved glass?

I'm in the UK so what happens then do we keep these phones till the new one are ready cause I've sold my old phone and can't be with out a phone bit gutted this one works flawless don't get warm or anything
Did you buy from a carrier or from Samsung?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Who said they're going to let you keep the old phones? Of course not! Not only it is a 'safety hazard', the company will be liable for damages/lawsuits if something is truly faulty with the phone.
I'm sure there will be a statement to stop using it and then it is going to be up to the individual to stop using it.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Good morning, hmm let's see what's happening in the world today: Hurricanes, war, earthquakes, toppling governments, ho hum, ... Note 7 worldwide recall !? Oh, cr@p!

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully the people who had a "fast" operating note 7 will receive another fast note 7 when it's replaced.
It would definitely be a bummer if I received a replacement unit with the lag some have reported....
Would be nice if the 14 day (Verizon) return period restarts from day of replacement....

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

0.1% of all total Note 7 made to date.... and they are replacing ALL handsets??!!

Yeah... something more here :confused:

Telling me they can't find the batteries in question by build lots??

They are replacing all phones, regardless of when it was purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge