The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
They have to set up a plan in how to go about this the best way. Everything will be vague until that plan is set in motion.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
However, I don't read that in their statement. They never state that every note7 is considered dangerous. They merely state that any person who has already bought one, if they want a new device, instead Samsung will replace it. We'll see what T-Mobile releases in the coming days , because T-Mobile's statement seemed intentionally vague.
I didn't say they said every Note was dangerous. They said for safety reasons they would replace all of them.

If you don't want your phone replaced, don't replace it.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
As a general question moving forward.... what other phone comes close to the functionality of the Note 7? because it's apparent I'm going to need a phone to use for the "next coming weeks".
Well, to be honest, a phone that comes close to the functionality of the Note7 is another Note.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
From what I read the recall is voluntary and the statement from Samsung vague. There have been 35 reported issues but the problem could be isolated.

If my phone is not part of the batch of bad phones, I don't want to return it because there could be some other problem lurking in mass producing replacements.

For now I will wait to hear more from Samsung before I start to worry. My phone is awesome and the best phone I have owned to date.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: people are actually upset for samsung fixing an issue?

What's up with the rumor of people thinking they have to send the phone in and wait for a replacement? I'm under the impression that it will be in-store carrier exchange or a new device shipped from carrier with return label for old device.... Try to scam and keep both devices and the carrier charges your account..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: people are actually upset for samsung fixing an issue?

What's up with the rumor of people thinking they have to send the phone in and wait for a replacement? I'm under the impression that it will be in-store carrier exchange or a new device shipped from carrier with return label for old device.... Try to scam and keep both devices and tbe carrier charges your account..
People are just assuming that right now. Carriers in the US are involved, I'm sure they are going to make it easy on their customers. TMO has made their first statement.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Maybe the new phones will also have improved glass?

I get that. I know they aren't coming to my house to take it away. I just mean if my phone ends up being one of the ones on the recall, they should replace it but not inconvenience me. It's their mistake.
Yours is part of the recall.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Wonder if my buddy gets a new phone after his screen cracked earlier this week from a tiny drop off his desk?? Guess he lucks out and gets a new phone I hope.

To be clear... I give kudos for sammy in making the move and replacing all phones sold, taking back all current inventory and the logistical and PR nightmare and cost in doing this.

hmm but for 0.1% of the phones out there when by serial number search they can just fedex you a new one with a return label for the old one and find/remove the unsold stock. guess its the techy in me that worked for IBM in another lifetime in there desktop and thinkpad department handling there support and dealing with situations of dealing with issues that always come up with any product and how its dealt behind the curtain and dealt in front.

anyways... good job sammy and waiting for the Note 7 ver 2.0!!

Samsung said they will replace all units, they aren't making a difference between Snapdragon or Exynos.

Carriers will have to put out info on how they will handle it. We don't know the details of how it will be handled yet.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
It'd be less of a hassle to able to actually check if your phone was part of the batch. I just hope there aren't any new issues with the replacements. Pumping out phones at a extremely high rate to save face could lead to even more potential problems.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Whatever they said, Samsung has pulled defeat from the jaws off victory. This will hurt sales by millions of devices. Apple thanks them.

Status
Not open for further replies.