The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay let me explain again, since my reasoning seems to be unclear for some. T-mobile's phones or made in China. China is not under the recall because their batteries were made at a different location then the problematic batteries. T-Mobile has not been clear yet about how does recall affect them. So I want to wait and see weather T-Mobile believes their phones are safe because perhaps they received batteries from the same place that China received theirs, since it seems likely that China phones were made in China.
T-Mobile has been clear, but more importantly, Samsung said they will replace all phones sold.

They did not say they will replace all phones except those made in China.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Guess you can say in this situation, they "Trumped" themselves. :p

But I am looking positive in that I didn't buy one yet and hoping ver. 2.0 is even better... They HAVE to make sure it is.

Whatever they said, Samsung has pulled defeat from the jaws off victory. This will hurt sales by millions of devices. Apple thanks them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay let me explain again, since my reasoning seems to be unclear for some. T-mobile's phones are made in China. China is not under the recall because their batteries were made at a different location than the problematic batteries. T-Mobile has not been clear yet about how this recall affects them. So I want to wait and see whether T-Mobile believes their phones are safe because perhaps they received batteries from the same place that China received theirs, since it seems likely that China phones were made in China.
https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/samsung-note7-update.htm

https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-galaxy-note7

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't do iphones. Personal thing. I personally don't agree with their business practices plus price/features always seems off in my head, but their phones are usually at a quality standard.
You should probably wait to hear from your carrier. No one has said anything about anyone being without a phone yet.

cactuspete23

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Wow, this is really a Hot topic ! (Sorry for the pun...) I heard that Samsung said "less than 1 in 100 have had a problem"... But they still don't have an exact cause... So, for now, we wait to hear what the actual issue was, and what the resolution is...

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Okay let me explain again, since my reasoning seems to be unclear for some. T-mobile's phones are made in China. China is not under the recall because their batteries were made at a different location than the problematic batteries. T-Mobile has not been clear yet about how this recall affects them. So I want to wait and see whether T-Mobile believes their phones are safe because perhaps they received batteries from the same place that China received theirs, since it seems likely that China phones were made in China.

Your phone may not be affected, It's a better safe than sorry situation.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Maybe the new phones will also have improved glass?

Which is why my phone is not going back to Samsung unless it is proven to be part of a bad batch.
They are saying all phones are a bad batch. I watched the presser and waited for the translated news release.

They aren't going to make you return your phone, but Samsung isn't going to replace 1 million phones for no good reason.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, carriers need to cooperate with Samsung to ensure a smooth process. If anyone drags their feet, this won't go over well. I'm hoping replacement units are sent first.

Anyways, my phone works great. I'm not too fussed about it.
The only carrier Samsung needs to be worried about dragging feet or making the process a pain is Verizon.

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
You should probably wait to hear from your carrier. No one has said anything about anyone being without a phone yet.

I didn't get the phone from a carrier. I got it from carphone warehouse. I should be seeing them in the next hour or so. We'll see what happens then. Will probably just post an update in this forum.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This sucks, or more of an inconvenience. But it's a necessary evil. Can't be walking around with pretty grenades in our pockets. :-(

kh965

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: people are actually upset for samsung fixing an issue?

What's up with the rumor of people thinking they have to send the phone in and wait for a replacement? I'm under the impression that it will be in-store carrier exchange or a new device shipped from carrier with return label for old device.... Try to scam and keep both devices and the carrier charges your account..

I was wondering the same thing myself. Whenever I've had issues and had to replace, it was either in store right there or I was sent the replacement with a return envelop.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: people are actually upset for samsung fixing an issue?

There will always be some people that just like to complain and regardless of what a company does, it's never enough.

I think Samsung is doing the right thing. I am hoping that we will hear a definitive answer as to what the problem is. Right now I'm not confident that Samsung is 100% sure otherwise I think we would see a more targeted recall.

Either way it's not a big deal for me to stop in to Verizon and get my new phone when the time comes.
At the presser, he said "battery cells" and from what I understand, those came from the contractor.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
If there are 25 defective devices out of 2.5 million sold, there is a one in 1 million chance that I have one of them. There are lotteries with better odds.
I'm not arguing against the point you were making. The odds are low. However, using the numbers you have stated, the math actually works out to 1 in 100,000 odds.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow, this is really a Hot topic ! (Sorry for the pun...) I heard that Samsung said "less than 1 in 100 have had a problem"... But they still don't have an exact cause... So, for now, we wait to hear what the actual issue was, and what the resolution is...
There was an issue with battery cells from a contractor. Right now it is less than 1 in 100. Right now it is 24 out of 1 million that have been identified.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get the phone from a carrier. I got it from carphone warehouse. I should be seeing them in the next hour or so. We'll see what happens then. Will probably just post an update in this forum.
Oh in the UK? I'm guessing there, they will likely have you exchange it at the retailer.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This sucks, or more of an inconvenience. But it's a necessary evil. Can't be walking around with pretty grenades in our pockets. :-(

Very inconvenient but glad they are doing something about it. I also have a slickwrap on mine. So I guess I lose out on my $20?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Maybe the new phones will also have improved glass?

Yay!! Meaning they will probably use up all there inventory of glass and probably have to wait for Corning to manufacture more for them.

CORNING!! If you are reading this... You know what's up with your glass! You've got a second chance now through this!

MAKE. US. PROUD.

Note 7 ver. 2.0 with GG5v2.0!!

They are making new phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc