The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AS7Edge

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: people are actually upset for samsung fixing an issue?

It sucks for everyone involved but in the end it's best for all. They should throw in an S3 for the inconvenience. :)

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine T-mobile (and other carriers) will let you keep your phone and then send you the new one when its available and you send them the old one back.

I would also imagine Samsung will probably throw in some kind of free gift for the trouble.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Maybe the new phones will also have improved glass?

OMG, if they made bulletproof screens and kevlar in the back of the phone... I would be jacket carrying it everyday and have it cover my heart as part of my EDC :) I was thinking the other day if I could have a company make me a Kydex holster for the Note 7 to go with my IWC. :p

First the guns, and now the phones...

I'm loving all the "Samsung should do this that and the other" posts. "Samsung should install Android Oreo and put in 16GB of RAM, bulletproof glass and a Nvidia Titan. Here's your chance to make it right Sammy!"

Gave me a laugh this AM!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

No it was to you about not being confident they knew the issue..
Oh. OK. Thank you. I'm really no that worried about it. My Note is great and like I said, I think they are doing the right thing.

free2spin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
If manufacturing processes were perfect we wouldn't need warranties. These things happen. The timing sucks, the scale sucks but they are taking care of the problem.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

They didn't test 1 million. They pulled 35 out of the 1 million and out of the 35 they tested, 24 had issues.
Never said they did. They have sold one million, 35 have been sent in with problems, out of the 35 with problems, 24 were found to have a battery issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Oh. OK. Thank you. I'm really no that worried about it. My Note is great and like I said, I think they are doing the right thing.
I knew they would handle it because it is such a big deal, I really didn't think they would replace all that have been sold.

They are handling it better than other recalls I have seen.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Some of us stayed up to watch the presser. Also as team members of Android Central, we are here to try and help members with problems.

That's fine but trying to spin everything as a positive and Samsung can't do no wrong does not help in my opinion. I feel the same toward people who do the same for Apple. Hypocrites on both sides. If this was Apple, Samsung fans would be dancing in the streets. But since it's not, let's look at the bright side of things. And Apple fanatics are probably dancing in the streets and would be apologists for Apple if it was them. I don't get that mentality from anyone. These are all tech companies that just want money from us. I'm not married to any of them and certainly not going to go above and beyond to defend their actions. That's just my view. You don't have to agree. Youve done a great job telling everyone it's only 24 devices.

In my view, the fact that they're recalling all means they have no clue about the actual number of devices impacted. So just doing this so they won't get sued later on. They dropped the ball during QC for this and confidence in them has dwindled some. And don't worry, my confidence in other companies has dwindled too at times. (FYI so no one has to deflect and bring up other companies) . So sure Samsung is doing the best thing they can do whichi is recall all devices but it's because whatever QC they did or lack thereof sucked and could potentially be a headache for consumers. And sure we know it's a small % of devices (that they know of) but the problem is they don't know. And although I have let experienced problems (I charge wirelessly most of times) who to say that phones that charge wirelessly most of the time take longer to bring about the defect. No one knows. Some people choose to acknowledge one or the other: QC was fumbled AND they're doing the right thing now. I choose to acknowledge both parts.

So for all the people talking about "I'm keeping my device" ought to be cautious. Defects don't have to reveal themselves immediately. And good luck trying to sell a note 7 next year when skeptical buyers aren't sure if your device was replaced or one that's a ticking time bomb. Literally.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

They didn't test 1 million. They pulled 35 out of the 1 million and out of the 35 they tested, 24 had issues.
39fdc3af1768db8b1fc2d47487fb06f9.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm not excited about having to redo my setup on my phone, but I understand what they are doing.

UBiggo

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site

I think it's a good thing how they reacted to this major flaw, although I wish it wasn't there in the first place. I dont have a note 7 so I can't be mad that they are recalling some back.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's fine but trying to spin everything as a positive and Samsung can't do no wrong does not help in my opinion. I feel the same toward people who do the same for Apple. Hypocrites on both sides.

I think you don't know me.

I'm in my own talks with Samsung about other issues as I have threatened to walk away from Samsung. Right now I am probably the least happy person with Samsung.

I'm not spinning anything, unless posting the facts with know now, with the source cited is spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12