The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Brand new? Not opened at all? That would mean we get 2 of every Note7 accessories.

Heck, with this fiasco.. I'm just hoping I get a Samsung box instead of the cheap AT&T. But no telling what AT&T does.. I got mine via Best Buy.

Brand new and likely yours will be handled by Best Buy.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Removable battery

I agree, I have a Note 4 for 2 years now, I have had to replace the battery twice. I'm very hesitant to buy the Note 7 even if it is the best or one of the best phones on the market right now. I have asked about the battery in in other threads but have been ignored for the most part with no answers to my questions. I still don't know what I'm going to do when the time comes that I can upgrade. The other phone I was considering is apparently really bad phone. I have read that people have had to return the phone several times and still don't have a good phone to use. If I am going to lose my phone for several weeks due to Samsung stupidity to get the battery replaced I don't want the phone.

I'm one of the ones that was po'd when they took away the removable battery. Vindication in this case, since I own a N7, is bittersweet. Sucks to be right. I posted about the possibility something just like this happening with the N5 and was flamed badly at the time. I elected to grab a N4 instead of a N5 because of that and the SD card being gone.

I only bought the N7 because of all the goodies being offered alongside the purchase. It was way too sweet not to try the device. I didn't sleep my first two nights after buying because I was thinking about the non-removable battery and the glass back. This was before the blowups (hadn't seen them). I just figured I'd try it out and if it sucked I'd return it. Turns out I love it. Still don't like the curved sides on the glass, the non-removable battery, or the glass back, but other than that it is an amazing phone. Love it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
This sucks for Samsung. This is definitely going to affect them with the iPhone 7 less than a week away. And then they're going to have to convince people to buy after this mess.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
This sucks for Samsung. This is definitely going to affect them with the iPhone 7 less than a week away. And then they're going to have to convince people to buy after this mess.

I have a feeling they'll start up with the free gifts again when it goes back on sale.

As a side note I'm hoping at least free Samsung Protection Plus for my replacement

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
At almost $1,000 for the Note 7......shouldn't Samsung be using top of the line batteries/components or not?? What do you all think?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 recall

Samsung said they are replacing all.

That might be out of context of how they meant it. Samsung is reviewing markets where the devices might be- which is also in the statement. Seems they are going to be more specific once they understand where the devices are. Verizon is still selling the Note 7, so seems the statement itself is just an initial communication to get ahead of the narrative. Verizon and other carriers talked directly with Samsung, so probably more insight on where the actual market areas that have the risk.

Seems this is being blown way out of relative proportion and being fed by the media and Samsung themselves with an apparently generic- easy to misinterpret statement. The actual battery supplier though (if not part of bigger conglomerate) is probably doomed.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

Well after all the issues I have had with three phones from Samsung and now on my 4th, I call this Karma. That being said, even though I was an iPhone guy prior, even they are having issues right now sourcing memory. So I would assume that Fruit is going be having problems if they don't get their QA process resolved.

The reason this happened with Samsung is they were trying to push the sales prior to Apple. Nothing more than greed.. and now they are paying the price for it. There are more than battery issues on the Note 7 (all be it) varied by carrier and user. ie. my case... bad reception, a notification sound that loops it self like a DJ is scratching a remix of it (only shut off by waiting 5/10 seconds or hitting power), and now where the contacts won't all come over and the I have the LAG. (Which I did not have on the prior three devices). I am tired of being the beta tester for TMO and Samsung. They should have tested this phone more throughly IMO before releasing this device to the masses.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile said on Twitter just now that anyone who would like a refund, can do so immediately. That includes any accessories purchased as well.

Here's the complete text:

Starting immediately, customers who are concerned about using the Note 7 can return the device to T-Mobile for a full, complete refund. They’ll get a full refund of anything paid for the device and any Note7 accessories. We’ll waive any restocking charges and shipping fees, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription they received with purchase during pre-order.

Customers can visit their local T-Mobile store where they bought the device or call 611 or 1-800-937-8997 to do this, and they can then use their refund to choose a similar device or any device in T-Moble’s stores, including a new Note7 replacement which we expect to be available in the next two weeks.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Well after all the issues I have had with three phones from Samsung and now on my 4th, I call this Karma. That being said, even though I was an iPhone guy prior, even they are having issues right now sourcing memory. So I would assume that Fruit is going be having problems if they don't get their QA process resolved.

The reason this happened with Samsung is they were trying to push the sales prior to Apple. Nothing more than greed.. and now they are paying the price for it. There are more than battery issues on the Note 7 (all be it) varied by carrier and user. ie. my case... bad reception, a notification sound that loops it self like a DJ is scratching a remix of it (only shut off by waiting 5/10 seconds or hitting power), and now where the contacts won't all come over and the I have the LAG. (Which I did not have on the prior three devices). I am tired of being the beta tester for TMO and Samsung. They should have tested this phone more throughly IMO before releasing this device to the masses.

Meh. The issue is with a specific supplier and to the point Verizon is still selling the Note 7. I would guess they know more than we do. Again, the issues you have been having are (based on all reviews and most posting in forums) is the polar opposite of others. You must have got a bad device or hosed something with an app that does not adhere to Android framework guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC