The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Purchased Note7 at Best Buy

Anyone have any ideas how Best Buy will handle the Note 7 recall? I purchased my Note 7 at Best Buy for full retail and I can't find any info about the recall on its website.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
They use plastic buttons for the sides and a plastic finger print sensored home button as well as a plastic camera flash cover when should be metal and glass/sapphire. I think for $1000 you should do it all right. But it is what it is and it's close to perfect.

At almost $1,000 for the Note 7......shouldn't Samsung be using top of the line batteries/components or not?? What do you all think?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
At almost $1,000 for the Note 7......shouldn't Samsung be using top of the line batteries/components or not?? What do you all think?

True, but I'm not sure it poor quality parts, as such. A misjudgement somewhere more like.

The number of actual effected handsets is in the 30's so far I think, and there's over a million Note 7's in the wild. It's still too many, but still a very, very small chance. 99.9999% of users have probably been wowing about it since getting it, and will likely use it for as long as they like without blowing their faces off.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Meh. The issue is with a specific supplier and to the point Verizon is still selling the Note 7. I would guess they know more than we do. Again, the issues you have been having are (based on all reviews and most posting in forums) is the polar opposite of others. You must have got a bad device or hosed something with an app that does not adhere to Android framework guidelines.
It really isn't. Samsung said all Notes. FYI, T-Mobile are the ones made in China.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow... a full refund right before Apple releases the iPhone 7. The stars are just lining up for them like it was all planned or something to go this way.

Here's the complete text:

Starting immediately, customers who are concerned about using the Note 7 can return the device to T-Mobile for a full, complete refund. They’ll get a full refund of anything paid for the device and any Note7 accessories. We’ll waive any restocking charges and shipping fees, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription they received with purchase during pre-order.

Customers can visit their local T-Mobile store where they bought the device or call 611 or 1-800-937-8997 to do this, and they can then use their refund to choose a similar device or any device in T-Moble’s stores, including a new Note7 replacement which we expect to be available in the next two weeks.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: Sprint Recall Exchange - Which One To Get?

According to this they are offering a similar device in exchange until the new ones are ready. Any recs on which one I should ask for? I have no idea what is similar to the N7 in their mind and want to be prepared. Thanks for all your input.

Dang I just got this N7 setup perfectly for me. :'(

Samsung Galaxy Note7 Sales Suspended at Sprint | Sprint Newsroom

Iphone... but you may never go back to the N7 when you see the "lack of issues" lol... :)

stlmikey

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Purchased Note7 at Best Buy

Anyone have any ideas how Best Buy will handle the Note 7 recall? I purchased my Note 7 at Best Buy for full retail and I can't find any info about the recall on its website.

I'm curious to.. My best buy has only been open for 30mins.. I'm going to return the phone.. I can't take risk of it catching on fire. they better not try to charge me restocking fee..

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
The thing is at least they are acknowledging it and willing to solve it. How many iPhones have exploded? How many times has Apple acknowledged or done something about it? At least Samsung is being proactive and not essentially telling customers to take their chances.

So yeah it sucks and may be a hassle but I'd rather be inconvenienced than set on fire while I sleep.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

I am curious to see how they handle this. I have no interest in doing any type of permanent swap for a different device, and I just cant imagine they are going to start opening up boxes of other brand new devices for us to use for a couple of weeks. Even harder to imagine is them giving us a choice.

I may head down today and check things out. Chances are no one in the store will even be aware this is going on.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The thing is at least they are acknowledging it and willing to solve it. How many iPhones have exploded? How many times has Apple acknowledged or done something about it? At least Samsung is being proactive and not essentially telling customers to take their chances.

So yeah it sucks and may be a hassle but I'd rather be inconvenienced than set on fire while I sleep.

Agreed! I give Samsung props for acknowledging the issue rather than doing nothing about it. Then again, phones blowing up (and possibly causing harm) would lead to class action lawsuits so it was unavoidable for them.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Iphone... but you may never go back to the N7 when you see the "lack of issues" lol... :)
Thought about that, but talked to a friend yesterday who was a previous iPhone, long-time, user who moved to Android and asked her if I should try one and she said emphatically "NO!". Said she nor her family would never go back because of various things and listed them out for me. Definitely won't be an iPhone. Tear down the walled garden and we can talk. JMO.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda regretting paying full price now. With the flood of returns, I imaging we'd be able to pick up a refurb n7 for $100 or so in the next couple months

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I am curious to see how they handle this. I have no interest in doing any type of permanent swap for a different device, and I just cant imagine they are going to start opening up boxes of other brand new devices for us to use for a couple of weeks. Even harder to imagine is them giving us a choice.

I may head down today and check things out. Chances are no one in the store will even be aware this is going on.
Don't bother. They are still clueless. This is a temporary free swap until the new N7s are ready.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

That not really a fair statement. You don't know if Apple has done testing or not and actually found that something was wrong with a component or an accessory that was used. In this case Samsung found issue with a component so they kinda have to replace. I don't think it's wise to try to deflect to how other companies handled these situation. And let's he honest, iPhones sell way more in the first 2 weeks and how many reports of exploding iPhones during that time with even a larger sample size? Again, I just don't think it makes sense to worry about what Apple did. What if someone says "Samsung should test as well as Apple because they never had such a big safety issue so soon as launch". That's not fair to Samsung because no one knows how much testing they did relative to Apple or other companies. Best to look at the companies independently and not in relation to how other companies do business. Otherwise, the view is skewed favorable to the one you like.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

TBF Apple investigates those exploding phones. If there was a reason to recall I'm sure they would. Every one that I've read about had to do with not using certified MFI cables which falls on the user. They've fixed faulty equipment several times over the years. iPhone 5 batteries were replaced. I had a MBP that had a defective logic board, and they replaced it. You can hate Apple, but you can't really hate their customer service. It's the best I've ever experienced from a consumer electronics company.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Who said I hate apple? I own an iPhone 6 plus, an iPhone 6s and an iPad mini. Ive stated many times I dont hate Apple and I like them. My point is simple. There are dozens of reprted instances of iPhones exploding while in pockets, on nightstands etc and since I started owning iPhones with the 4 and everyone since then, there has yet to be a single acknowledgment that there could be a problem on some devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar