The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

I'm wondering the same thing and if this isn't a much larger issue. The reason i question it is there have been reports of other previous Samsung (and Apple) devices catching fire and never has there been a world wide recall. Something doesn't add up.
Samsung said because there were so many so soon after release. 35 exploded phones were sent in all over the world, 24 of those were found to have exploded due to a battery fault.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
TMO isn't confirming yet what to do of your bring the phone back yet. They are still trying to work out the details.

Capture.JPG

To me it appears that they are saying, 'bring the phone in for a refund, we will then let you pay for another one or wait the two weeks to get a non-exploding Note 7' I could be wrong but that is how I am reading it. I am just so disappointed! I love my phone and had it all set up the way I wanted.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I use my Note II Brick with a 6 ft Besty USB C cable I ordered online. My phone hasn't been warm once. The OEM cable/brick is still wrapped in the plastic ring. I hope we don't have to return the phone. I waited so long for another Note.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
TMO isn't confirming what people are supposed to do that used a Jump or Jump on Demand and turned in their only phone.

I've been in contact with them for the last several minutes
d303f961a3a8784cf1a40c4341f3e151.jpg

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Samsung said because there were so many so soon after release. 35 exploded phones were sent in all over the world, 24 of those were found to have exploded due to a battery fault.

Yep... people who are mystified that a global recall is underway because of the 0.1% number, need to realize that number would only grow in the coming weeks and months. There are always one or two devices that go up in flames soon after any device releases...but when you get into the couple dozen "known" incidents in just 2 weeks... it's a major issue and easy to see why 0.1% means more than it seems.

ray689

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

So there is an allowable amount of devices catching fire? Once over that threshold then a recall is in order?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

So there is an allowable amount of devices catching fire? Once over that threshold then a recall is in order?
No, they discovered this because so many happened. Most people don't realize that batteries explode with every phone. It is almost always user issue, using the wrong or cheap chargers.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

There's an allowable amount of problems in anything. Nothing is 100% perfect.

ray689

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

There's an allowable amount of problems in anything. Nothing is 100% perfect.

Didn't say anything is perfect but an issue that can burn your house down is another story.
Anyways, the likelihood of this being widespread is very small. But the fact that it has happened in the past with other devices and such a response was never given makes me wonder if its something on a larger scale that's all.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

I'm wondering the same thing and if this isn't a much larger issue. The reason i question it is there have been reports of other previous Samsung (and Apple) devices catching fire and never has there been a world wide recall. Something doesn't add up.

LOL, I was slammed yesterday in numerous posts in regards to the issues they are having. I was told basically that Samsung is Omni-Potent. Not hardly... There are way more issues in these phones than just the battery. I know that, because I have had 3 faulty phones. No, it won't be every phone, just like it won't be every TV, CAR, Electronic, etc... But for a lot of us, there are issues. And instead of saying there isn't any, people need to recognize there are widespread problems! Think of all the ones you're not seeing reported on forums like ReDDit, XDA, HERE and other forums. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean it's not happening. Some of our thresholds are different as well. And some people just LIE as to stand up for a phone/company/asset that just to stand up for them when in truth they are having issues too... It's just human nature...

In the end though, hopefully Samsung makes this right for the people who are dedicated to them and remain dedicated to them...

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure it blew up with a bad charger whilst being suffocated

That's not the case. This phone was on top of the bedspread, original charger.

And for the record, I LOVE my phone and I love Samsung as a whole. This just breaks my heart that they were doing so well and then this started happening......

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Yep... people who are mystified that a global recall is underway because of the 0.1% number, need to realize that number would only grow in the coming weeks and months. There are always one or two devices that go up in flames soon after any device releases...but when you get into the couple dozen "known" incidents in just 2 weeks... it's a major issue and easy to see why 0.1% means more than it seems.
Note that it was an estimation. They could be wrong about that.

They're not taking any chances. They've practically stopped selling the phone, pulled down all inventory and recalled every Note7 out there. They've done this at huge financial expense in order to make sure that their reputation is still largely intact and that no controversy arises over a phone being a safety hazard to customers.

free2spin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I think samsung has been pretty successful in testing their batteries in the millions of other devices they have sold in the past. Defective product making it through standardized tests is not unheard of. Again, warranties.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

No, they discovered this because so many happened. Most people don't realize that batteries explode with every phone. It is almost always user issue, using the wrong or cheap chargers.

I won't disagree with that. The FIRST photo/video you saw of the Note 7 had a black cord in it. Now, I don't know if the cords are different overseas but I highly doubt it. Especially when it had a USBC connector on the end of it. That warranty should be voided. On that note, there should also be a cut off internally on cables or voltages that exceed or don't meet standards set in place. This could be easily be done by Samsung via firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie