The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 7 recall with Verizon Wireless

I'm not risking it. But they need to figure something out for me to use in the interim.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I err on the side of caution. Mine is in the box and on its way to UPS. Judgement tells me that Samsung would not be taking it on the chin unless this issue was verified to the max.

My N7 had been heating up especially while using the Samsung-supplied charger. I thought nothing of it until waking this morning and reading the news releases. Could be totally separate and distinct. But I do not deem it in my best interests to roll the dice.

Unless and until this matter is remedied, I will revert to my Nexus 6 - which is currently on the air and working fine.

I think if your Note is heating up its a good idea to exchange it. I have not had that problem.

free2spin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Apparently not, because you have issues with one manufacture.... And phones blowing up....

I would think when you're using any company that you subcontract something out to, you do way more testing on it then you would if you do it in-house. Though, in my place of business, testing of equipment is done long before it goes into production. This goes for phones, switches, etc... This is because we believe as a business unit, we want the best for our clients. We get test phones all the time (even older ones that have been around awhile) and we still test them before they go out. Just to make sure our clients are good to go! A burn in process if you will...

So you're clients never have any problems after they recieve your phones?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

Yeah I've gotten no official word from Verizon so while I know the recall is very real, until I hear from Verizon I'm not going to get all worked up about it.

I have not noticed overheating issues with mine...I'm using a wireless charger in the car, though I also have a USB C cable that I keep in there for fast charging but haven't used yet. At home I have all Sammy chargers or wireless chargers and at my boyfriend's it's a third party wall brick and third party cable WITH a micro to USB adapter, to boot...but my phone doesn't get hot when I use it unless I'm using it for hotspot. Even then it's not what I would consider to be HOT like what others have described.

Short answer...I don't know what I'm going to do. I guess it depends on what the official notice from Verizon says my options are. I'm also curious if they'll be able to narrow it down to place of manufacture (if they are being built in more than one location) and/or battery supplier (again, if more than one source). That would go a long way to appease me or kick me in the rear to do the trade in. But I can tell you I'm not afraid to be using it right now. I have no concern it is going to blow up. My reason for doing the recall would be more for longevity concerns...I would hate to have issues in a year that are battery related, knowing I could have just exchanged it when it was offered.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Talking to tmobile right now regarding how to exchange if you ordered.

So do they inform us of when those new phones are in or do we have to do anything else? The lady I talked to told me the same thing and said T-Mobile would contact me when they had more information about when the phones could be sent.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Kudos to Samsung.

Regardless of the percentage of problems reported or those who will ignore the recall because they don't feel like it's a problem Samsung has put customers safety over profits. You don't see this much anymore. Some recalls take lawsuits and government intervention because large corporations are loath to admit wrongdoing of any kind. I find it rather amazing that Samsung is doing this of their own free will so soon after release.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Talking to tmobile right now regarding how to exchange if you ordered.

So do they inform us of when those new phones are in or do we have to do anything else? The lady I talked to told me the same thing and said T-Mobile would contact me when they had more information about when the phones could be sent.

Not sure yet. I would hope that they could ship is a new phone to our house and simply send us a shipping label for the old phone. That way I can do it all myself and not have to deal with the morons at the store or waiting an hour there.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Should I exchange Note 7 for S7 Edge?

Anyone who's had this phone before, can you tell me the really noticeable differences between the 2 other than the S-pen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21