The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Talking to tmobile right now regarding how to exchange if you ordered.

Not sure yet. I would hope that they could ship is a new phone to our house and simply send us a shipping label for the old phone. That way I can do it all myself and not have to deal with the morons at the store or waiting an hour there.
I feel the same way. I don't have the time to go to a store and waste time with those people especially since my work hours are business hours.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 recall with Verizon Wireless

Right now....

55ea7657af3acb10b184e304a4efeb23.jpg

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I feel the same way. I don't have the time to go to a store and waste time with those people especially since my work hours are business hours.

It wouldn't be so bad if my county had more than one store to deal with. when I lived in St. Louis I had three tmobile stores within a two mile radius including one in the mall and one across the street from the mall. Never had long wait times and staff was much better.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Should I exchange Note 7 for S7 Edge?

There is a difference between the two. The Note7 has a bigger screen in a similar body size to the S7 edge. The S Pen is also a great feature that's needed on the S7 edge.

The iris scanner is almost useless.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

It wouldn't be so bad if my county had more than one store to deal with. when I lived in St. Louis I had three tmobile stores within a two mile radius including one in the mall and one across the street from the mall. Never had long wait times and staff was much better.
There's a lot of T-Mobile stores for me to go to. I live in Miami. But people down here are a special bunch.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, then they have no excuse other than poor quality control and testing of their product. Ill stand corrected on that. :)
Actually a contractor messed up a batch or some. Maybe you aren't familiar with how things like this work. They can't test every single thing like that.

You realize that recalls happen because human beings aren't perfect.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Purchased Note7 at Best Buy

Same here. Believe it or not, ATT just told me they won't honor the recall from a purchase from Target and my only option is to return within 14 days which is today. Of course, that can't be true but it shows what a cluster this is going to be.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Mod Note: Everyone is free to discuss about the recall and deciding on the best course of action for Note7 owners in order to make the process as less inconvenient as possible, and also to discuss about Samsung's way of handling this.

BUT please do respect other users. No need to accuse others or even threaten to block them.

Remember that the report button is a thing. If you feel that a user may be breaking the rules, please report the post. It saves your precious time and energy that you can use for something else. ;)

Given that a lot of us here own a Note7, perhaps it's best that we don't argue over what they could've done and instead, discuss about what we SHOULD do?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Guys.. Come on, please. Let's not argue about stuff that doesn't matter. Everyone is stressed out over this.

Can't we not argue with each other over stuff that none of us know all the details about?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

There's a lot of T-Mobile stores for me to go to. I live in Miami. But people down here are a special bunch.

I could never live in SEFL. I live in Charlotte County, old people capital of the state lol. I hate going down to Ft Myers so I'll end up going to Sarasota I guess for the phone. Tampa has a ton of stores though.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Actually a contractor messed up a batch or some. Maybe you aren't familiar with how things like this work. They can't test every single thing like that.

You realize that recalls happen because human beings aren't perfect.

I am aware that a contractor tested. But maybe you aren't as caught up as you say I am. There are QC issues here. Ones that could have been avoided, had things been tested right. You could argue that they were, I could say that they weren't. Tomato tomatto... they dropped the ball here. And for the people that have spent the money and that do have the failures in my case (4) of them.. and the young lady/gent above with the battery problems, and the countless others.. we have the right to moan and complain. It's our time and money when we have to go back to the store etc...

Basically the only people that should be here upset are the ones that are having or have had issues. If you're phone is perfect, or you have this perfect experience, you can't be empathetic to the ones of us that have had multiple devices fail...

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 recall with Verizon Wireless

Verizon says it has stopped selling the Galaxy Note 7 and "through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it."
So what are we doing? Keeping ours? Exchanging for a new Note 7? Or returning it and going with a completely different phone?

But they still have it on sale on their website with no warning of recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12