The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

free2spin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Guys.. Come on, please. Let's not argue about stuff that doesn't matter. Everyone is stressed out over this.

Can't we not argue with each other over stuff that none of us know all the details about?

My stress melts away just looking at your avatar. :cool:

Seriously though, we're all getting new phones, what's the worry?

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Talking to tmobile right now regarding how to exchange if you ordered.

I could never live in SEFL. I live in Charlotte County, old people capital of the state lol. I hate going down to Ft Myers so I'll end up going to Sarasota I guess for the phone. Tampa has a ton of stores though.
Yeah I don't enjoy it here lol. We're planning on moving to Tampa within the next year. Hopefully these people don't screw us over with these replacements. I don't want to go through the same hell as I did during the preorder.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow! :-[ Wonder if he was counted as part of that 0.1%

Holy crap...now that is the exact reason everyone should return them.

I was just interviewed by News Channel 12 in my home about this issue. The made a post on FB asking if anyone is affected by this, meaning, do you own this phone and what are you going to do? (if you are in Providence RI area they told me it would be on at 5:45pm).

Susan Campbell the reporter who is a Consumer Affairs reporter for the station, said she called Verizon for a comment. They called her back and told her they were awaiting news from Samsung on how they wanted to handle the recall on their end. Whatever Samsung recommends, according to their spokeperson who Susan talked to, they are going to do.

So I am curious to see what they say.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Purchased Note7 at Best Buy

Same here. Believe it or not, ATT just told me they won't honor the recall from a purchase from Target and my only option is to return within 14 days which is today. Of course, that can't be true but it shows what a cluster this is going to be.

That's definitely not true. If it's a recall issued by the company, they have to honor it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Let's see.. this topic is "recalled" due to battery issues... that in and of it self is going to incite people coming here to complain about their issues on their phone (battery or otherwise). So if the purpose of the thread was just to inform, and not to have people reply, should it not have been just made a sticky?
Maybe you aren't familiar with Android Central. We are a community here and we try and help each other.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I don't enjoy it here lol. We're planning on moving to Tampa within the next year. Hopefully these people don't screw us over with these replacements. I don't want to go through the same hell as I did during the preorder.

Tell me about it. Besides the warm weather since I hate the cold, Stl was better. At least up in St. Louis everything was in a short distance for me and it's less crowded up there too.

That is what I'm worried about. I don't want to go through BS again especially dealing with the stores. I got a feeling some stores will be a nightmare to deal with and that we will have to send our devices back first if we ordered from Tmobile.

I don't know why some of the stores are a pain to deal with.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke to Best Buy store - return it for refund or call 1-800-samsung

The rep said there is no restocking fee. No word on extended return policy, but they were very aware of the recall situation.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
When I worked in Quality control you didn't test every single product. We randomly selected a box to open.1. To check to see if it was packed correctly 2. with correct contents and count etc. If a product was tested it was limited due to time and cost. When I was 18 I was hired by a temp agency for a major electronics manufacturer at the time. I worked in refurbishing returns. Let me tell you it was a bunch of people with no experience. There was one QC for each department!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Did you tell her about the weak gorilla glass screens and the posts/pictures of screens cracking from one foot drops?!!!
You had an audience man! Make the most of it to make them aware and Samsung to fix the whole phone.

Holy crap...now that is the exact reason everyone should return them.

I was just interviewed by News Channel 12 in my home about this issue. The made a post on FB asking if anyone is affected by this, meaning, do you own this phone and what are you going to do? (if you are in Providence RI area they told me it would be on at 5:45pm).

Susan Campbell the reporter who is a Consumer Affairs reporter for the station, said she called Verizon for a comment. They called her back and told her they were awaiting news from Samsung on how they wanted to handle the recall on their end. Whatever Samsung recommends, according to their spokeperson who Susan talked to, they are going to do.

So I am curious to see what they say.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Tell me about it. Besides the warm weather since I hate the cold, Stl was better. At least up in St. Louis everything was in a short distance for me and it's less crowded up there too.

That is what I'm worried about. I don't want to go through BS again especially dealing with the stores. I got a feeling some stores will be a nightmare to deal with and that we will have to send our devices back first if we ordered from Tmobile.

I don't know why some of the stores are a pain to deal with.
It's extremely overcrowded down here. There's traffic at any time. Even like on a Tuesday at 3 am. I can't take it anymore lol.

Luckily my phone isn't acting crazy or doing anything it's not supposed to. So I'm going to keep waiting until they have more info. I like this phone and I want to keep it. I was thinking of trading for the S7 Edge but no. I'm getting the phone I want and they better replace it without me being inconvenienced.

anon(10010578)

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
When I worked in Quality control you didn't test every single product. We randomly selected a box to open.1. To check to see if it was packed correctly 2. with correct contents and count etc. If a product was tested it was limited due to time and cost. When I was 18 I was hired by a temp agency for a major electronics manufacturer at the time. I worked in refurbishing returns. Let me tell you it was a bunch of people with no experience. There was one QC for each department!

I hear you... and that would be the wrong way to do things... Especially inexperienced folks, QCing things they aren't able to discern.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

It's extremely overcrowded down here. There's traffic at any time. Even like on a Tuesday at 3 am. I can't take it anymore lol.

Luckily my phone isn't acting crazy or doing anything it's not supposed to. So I'm going to keep waiting until they have more info. I like this phone and I want to keep it. I was thinking of trading for the S7 Edge but no. I'm getting the phone I want and they better replace it without me being inconvenienced.

I thought about the edge too, but then smaller screen, no spen and a older model as well. Samsung screwed up. I did nothing wrong on my part and if Tmobile wants me to send the phone in and then get a replacement they will be getting an earful like they've never had before! I have a S7 in the drawer but I don't want to use the tiny screen. I paid a total of $930 for this phone and I expect decent customer service as well.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I thought about the edge too, but then smaller screen, no spen and a older model as well. Samsung screwed up. I did nothing wrong on my part and if Tmobile wants me to send the phone in and then get a replacement they will be getting an earful like they've never had before! I have a S7 in the drawer but I don't want to use the tiny screen. I paid a total of $930 for this phone and I expect decent customer service as well.
I feel you on that. Now if the LG V20 comes out in the next few days I might get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira