The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Talking to tmobile right now regarding how to exchange if you ordered.

At this point, we all have options...either stick with the note 7 with a new replacement, switch to the LG v20, or switch to the iPhone 7 plus

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

At this point, we all have options...either stick with the note 7 with a new replacement, switch to the LG v20, or switch to the iPhone 7 plus
They say the v20 release date is September 6, I just wonder when T-Mobile will have it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Thread re-opened.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/719826-psa-note-7-recall.html

As for the post above. We made it to help point out the issues via the article and how to get them fixed via the information that is out. That being said when we re-open this thread we want people to remember to follow P.U.P.P.A.H which is part of the rules (see here). We get that this is a very stressful situation for everyone. No one wants to recall their phone or have to go through that hassle but the fact of the matter is some of may have to. Let's all be helpful to each other and not go down the troll/insult road in this thread. It isn't needed since we are all in this together... None of us made this issue and it sucks for all of us.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As for what I will do -- I will be taking mine to T-Mobile since they're offering a full refund.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The question is how safe it is to continue using the phone until the replacements come in. Cnet says they have sold 2.5 MM Note 7's, so while they say a couple of weeks, it could be longer to replace all of them. And I don't think Samsung recalls all of them unless this is very serious, so I am not sure how safe it is to continue charging these phones. Guess I have to wait for At&t to announce what they are doing and make a decision then.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

As for what I will do -- I will be taking mine to T-Mobile since they're offering a full refund.
Are you planning on returning it immediately? Did you stop using yours now?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The question is how safe it is to continue using the phone until the replacements come in. Cnet says they have sold 2.5 MM Note 7's, so while they say a couple of weeks, it could be longer to replace all of them. And I don't think Samsung recalls all of them unless this is very serious, so I am not sure how safe it is to continue charging these phones. Guess I have to wait for At&t to announce what they are doing and make a decision then.

The way I see it is this... If the risk was very high then Samsung would have issued a statement to stop using the phone immediately.

Because they didn't, then I feel comfortable to use my note 7 until I can get a replacement. Just like my parents continued to drive their Toyota despite the unintended acceleration problem, until they could get it fixed.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I assume you don't have a backup.

Perhaps you can head over to Walmart or Target and get one of those super-cheap smartphones for a pretty good price. There may also be some Moto Es on the cheap there, though the caveat is that they're probably carrier-locked.

The reason why I'm suggesting that is even though current stats say that the likelihood is rare, it's probably best that you power off the device and keep it in the box until the replacement is ready.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I think it is a small number of batches affected but no way to track that down so a full recall is the best option....So yeah People your phones may ok but there's no way to tell for sure...Better safe then sorry....I will use my device until I can swap or if att offers a loaner that I will be happy with

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just don't leave the phone unattended while charging. or sitting on top of a can of gasoline or anything else flammable.

The way I see it is this... If the risk was very high then Samsung would have issued a statement to stop using the phone immediately.

Because they didn't, then I feel comfortable to use my note 7 until I can get a replacement. Just like my parents continued to drive their Toyota despite the unintended acceleration problem, until they could get it fixed.

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Are you going to go with another phone or get a replacement? I know you said they offer full refunds and I expect that is where you are heading, but I am curious

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Are you going to go with another phone or get a replacement? I know you said they offer full refunds and I expect that is where you are heading, but I am curious

I am not sure to be honest. I need a phone so waiting would suck... but not sure what phone I would buy from them.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I am not sure to be honest. I need a phone so waiting would suck... but not sure what phone I would buy from them.
I have a Nexus 5 for a good price. Not sure if it is a good price for me or for you 😆

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Just got off the phone with Tmobile. Regarding swapping the phones out they said I would be able to keep my Note 7 and send it back to them AFTER I get my replacement shipped to me. That's good to know so I'm not stuck using the S7 or a loaner. They said call back next Tue or Wed for more info regarding wait times. I hope this is the case so I don't end up having to argue with the ding dongs at my closest store. I hate going to that store and would rather have the phone shipped to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.