The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Talking to tmobile right now regarding how to exchange if you ordered.

Just got off the phone with Tmobile. Regarding swapping the phones out they said I would be able to keep my Note 7 and send it back to them AFTER I get my replacement shipped to me. That's good to know so I'm not stuck using the S7 or a loaner. They said call back next Tue or Wed for more info regarding wait times. I hope this is the case so I don't end up having to argue with the ding dongs at my closest store. I hate going to that store and would rather have the phone shipped to me.
I hope AT&T does the exact same thing

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I purchased an S5 for back up. I'm going to return the Note 7 once that comes in and I'm going to wait for the LG V20 release. I just can't deal with the option of not being able to replace the battery.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Purchased Note7 at Best Buy

Same here. Believe it or not, ATT just told me they won't honor the recall from a purchase from Target and my only option is to return within 14 days which is today. Of course, that can't be true but it shows what a cluster this is going to be.
I just got out of an AT&T store. They told me I need to take the phone back to Target.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The way I see it is this... If the risk was very high then Samsung would have issued a statement to stop using the phone immediately.

Because they didn't, then I feel comfortable to use my note 7 until I can get a replacement. Just like my parents continued to drive their Toyota despite the unintended acceleration problem, until they could get it fixed.

I agree

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I hope the tmobile phone rep is right. I did message earlier tmobile on facebook the help page and they also basically said the same thing I'd be able to swap the unit out for a new one. My phone doesn't heat up while charging. Just tried it with the wall charger today, but if I have issues I can always pull out my S7 and use that for a couple weeks. That is unless the V20 which is supposed to be out in a few days looks great I might swap it for that.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
They are recalling yours. You can still get a refund. You need to contact Ebay. They will force the seller to accept a recall refund. They have to. I fogot when or what it was for, but recall issues and Ebay have happened in the past. And if I recall correctly, Ebay forced sellers to refund.

Recalls are part of the job of a seller on Ebay. They can't avoid them because their policy says "no returns".

Contact The Bay ;)

The first thing I would do is contact my carrier. Recalls are generally not limited to the buyer. The device has be determined to be a safety hazard, and Samsung has assumed responsibility. I don't think producing a receipt will be a mandatory part of this process. In the end, it is highly likely they will net out a brand new phone for a used price.

I doesn't hurt to contact Ebay, of course, it just would not be my first move.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I doubt AT&T will go this route...

They gave customers cheap boxes along charging the Note7 30 bucks extra. Somehow AT&T will go some off route option that makes customers scratch their heads.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So Swisscom wants me to return my Note7 and order a new one, catapulting me to the end of the waiting queue, which is considerable. They don't prioritize at all for those who've preordered months ago and finally got their phones a day before the recall. That just plain sucks. I've decided to just keep mine until the fixed ones are well available. Honestly Swisscom: that sucks. Get your act together.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

I doubt AT&T will go this route...

They gave customers cheap boxes along charging the Note7 30 bucks extra. Somehow AT&T will go some off route option that makes customers scratch their heads.
If they don't handle this correctly and someone's phone ends up harming them they will be on trial right next to Samsung

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So Swisscom wants me to return my Note7 and order a new one, catapulting me to the end of the waiting queue, which is considerable. They don't prioritize at all for those who've preordered months ago and finally got their phones a day before the recall. That just plain sucks. I've decided to just keep mine until the fixed ones are well available. Honestly Swisscom: that sucks. Get your act together.

Tmobile also told me about two weeks. Since I'm not having issues I'm just going to keep using it and swap it out for a new one. Worse comes to worse I have an S7 I can use.

My only concern for us wanting to get a V20 is we know how the G5 turned into a crap phone and huge flop. We could be leaving the Note 7 only to have the V20 which has problems too and turns into a flop.

LG V20 Release Date, Price and Specs - CNET

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
For those few of you who keep slamming me because I say I'm not returning mine or I don't think this affects me or keeps regurgitating that line this affects all devices and so forth. Here's my situation: mine is a T-Mobile phone that I bought from an eBay dealer. I just finished a frustrating conversation with T-Mobile, and they say they cannot refund my money or exchange my device. The eBay dealer says, sorry, the listing said no refunds. So go ahead and regurgitate all you want that Samsung says they are recalling every device, but they are clearly not recalling mine, because nobody will accept mine back, so I will just live with the threat of an explosion while I'm sleeping at night, thank you, and go ahead and flame me now for supposedly not being a responsible Citizen and sending mine back.

I could be way off base here, but what the carriers are doing right now is not technically part of the recall. How that will be handled has not been announced to my knowledge. In the meantime, they are offering to their customers a service. Once the recall is fully underway, my assumption is you will be able to handle the recall directly in some way. People that recieved as gifts or prizes will be in the same boat. This is not a warranty issue, it is a recall.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm still at a loss at what to do. I have a friend who works for a Verizon corporate store who told me to return the phone, period. I personally just want to keep my phone until... I honestly don't know.

Either way it probably has to be returned, and what I do and where I go from there as to whether I get a new Note 7, or look for a new phone will depend on how badly this spins out of control.

ksteph

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted AT&T customers to that just visited the AT&T in Columbia, MD and the salesman told me that AT&T customers can return or exchange for a new Note 7 or any other phone with no questions asked. And there's no time limit as when you can return or exchange the Note. He did say they have units in stock but aren't receiving anymore until further notice.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

If they don't handle this correctly and someone's phone ends up harming them they will be on trial right next to Samsung
The fact they haven't issues statements like the 3 major carriers have made including returns. All they stated was they are looking into the matter in an effort to how they plan on going forward.

All 3 carriers are being swift with their response.. but AT&T hasn't said much.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The fact they haven't issues statements like the 3 major carriers have made including returns. All they stated was they are looking into the matter in an effort to how they plan on going forward.

All 3 carriers are being swift with their response.. but AT&T hasn't said much.
AT&T said they will have more info later today.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Well hopefully you want have to wait very long.
I don't know Kelly, I'm going to American Airlines Center for Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas concert where my Note 5 DIED before the night was over. I don't want my Note 7 exploding on me and killing or injuring me. I need a reliable phone...might go Apple with iPhone 7. *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.