The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
It appears ATT and Verizon are handling this similarly, in that they they will help you refund or exchange the Note 7 for a different phone. It doesn't seem like they're willing to actually exchange the Note 7 for another Note 7 at any point.

If that's the case I wonder if Samsung would be a better source for getting a replacement? Although there's cons down that route as well such as probably being out of a phone for a couple of weeks...

I think this is what they are able to do NOW. They don't have a Note 7 to give you right now. Once Samsung announces the plan for executing the recall, you will see the option to exchange for a Note 7 somehow. My guess is you will be able to do it right at the carrier store, or through shipping.

Right now, the carriers are solving for people that are freaking out that their phone my explode. They will deal with Samsung with all the returned devices. You can be certain there is already a pathway for the carriers to do this with Samsung.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I would give it a day or two and only contact Samsung Plus.

Even some Samsung offices don't have the statement from the Global office.
Talking to them now. Not much is being said, except for more info will be on samsung site in a couple ours.

I will take care of my note 7 for now. But just want an answer regarding this.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I just chatted with Verizon. They said i could return the Note, have the rep reset the upgrade date and hop across to the street to Best Buy and take advantage of their Labor Day Sales. I'm gonna wait, but if I decide I don't want to stick with the Note I'm aiming towards that rose pink S7E with the $200 gift card.

Stick it out MizWylie. You've been on this train too long to get off. In a month or two this will be one of those, "remember when . . ."

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So what samsung needs to do is issue a waiver with free VR and Samsung Warranty Plan. I'll sign that *****. We agree not to sue. We get free **** that costs them almost nothing. And they don't have to accept a return on a $864 phone.

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I will be waiting for more clarification, I don't want to switch to another device as I really like the note 7 so far and I am new to android. I don't want the s7 edge because of smaller screen and I prefer the design of the note 7 with smaller edges. Don't care so much for pen and iris scanner but they are nice to have. Well if its not resolved with at&t I have my 90 days with costco to exchange for any other device.

ray689

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
So what samsung needs to do is issue a waiver with free VR and Samsung Warranty Plan. I'll sign that *****. We agree not to sue. We get free **** that costs them almost nothing. And they don't have to accept a return on a $864 phone.

The waiver is not returning your device after a recall. They offered it, of you don't take it, that's not their problem.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Spoke with TMO here, and they are taking back phones or giving the option to wait until the new ones come in... Though with the liability, they are a little bit adamant about getting the phones back.

Also (at least for this store) they stated they will keep the queue where it is. Meaning, if you return the phone, you will be priority for when the new ones come in. Existing orders will "not" jump your priority.

That is what they told me when I called them too. I will probably wait and just have a new one shipped to me. However I ordered mine so I'd have to go through corporate instead of going in store for a refund. I wonder if I want a V20 if they could ship that to me and they have me ship my Note 7 in? That is how they're doing it for people who want a Note 7 replacement they told me. At least tmobile isn't bsing about it like the other carriers are and basically have already stated what they will do.

I just have concern the V20 could have issues and turn into a total flop like the G5 has become. I don't want to be stuck with a POS. The specs are beefy for the v20 but I'm so used to Samsung phones nows.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
t appears ATT and Verizon are handling this similarly, in that they they will help you refund or exchange the Note 7 for a different phone. It doesn't seem like they're willing to actually exchange the Note 7 for another Note 7 at any point.

Based on what? I am sure they will, there are just none to give us yet. It will be a few weeks I am sure ..

immobile

Nov 3, 2009
www.cnet.com
ior ). He told me that as of 12:00 midnight they were informed about the recall. Holding on to my Note 4 won't break my heart for a bit longer. I do however feel for the one's who already have one.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Spoke with TMO here, and they are taking back phones or giving the option to wait until the new ones come in... Though with the liability, they are a little bit adamant about getting the phones back.

Also (at least for this store) they stated they will keep the queue where it is. Meaning, if you return the phone, you will be priority for when the new ones come in. Existing orders will "not" jump your priority.
If you give back the phone on the pretense of getting a new one sent to you when they come in, do they give you something in writing? I would think taking the phone back to them at the store would mean returning it and having to wait to repurchase it. I don't understand.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Mine has given no indication it has an issue, so keeping it.

As probably the North American models don't have a problem at all. However I would take advantage of swapping if for a new one in a couple weeks. Reason why is because when you go to trade it in or sell it and you have the older Note 7 you might not get anything for it or a lot less. So like most of us it doesn't have a problem, BUT when you go to sell it you might have a problem.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
As probably the North American models don't have a problem at all. However I would take advantage of swapping if for a new one in a couple weeks. Reason why is because when you go to trade it in or sell it and you have the older Note 7 you might not get anything for it or a lot less. So like most of us it doesn't have a problem, BUT when you go to sell it you might have a problem.
They are now saying there are 1 million that might have the problem, 600K in South Korea.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If you give back the phone on the pretense of getting a new one sent to you when they come in, do they give you something in writing? I would think taking the phone back to them at the store would mean returning it and having to wait to repurchase it. I don't understand.

No, you can keep the current Note 7. I spoke with Tmobile two different reps and they said we can swap them out when they get the new ones. I called the 1800 number as well and they said it wouldn't be a problem and that I can ship them my old Note 7 after I get the new one sent to me.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
we will not be able to extend the return/exchange period beyond the 14 days.

I guess customers who got their Note7 from Best Buy are practically on hold.

Best Buy is not going to do anything up to this point... Which doesn't make much sense, obviously there's a recall in progress.. But Best Buy will not extend the return/exchange policy.. I'm shocked.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No, you can keep the current Note 7. I spoke with Tmobile two different reps and they said we can swap them out when they get the new ones. I called the 1800 number as well and they said it wouldn't be a problem and that I can ship them my old Note 7 after I get the new one sent to me.
Okay. So when they decide to send us the new Note 7s are they going to send us an email or call or contact us in some way to let us know they're going to send it so we can let them know where to send it?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess customers who got their Note7 from Best Buy are practically on hold.

Best Buy is not going to do anything up to this point... Which doesn't make much sense, obviously there's a recall in progress.. But Best Buy will not extend the return/exchange policy.. I'm shocked.
I have a feeling that will change or your carrier will arrange to trade them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca