The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Frankly I'm just going to see what Samsung does and hope I can do it directly through them. I got mine from Best Buy but they gave me $100 credit to the order and I don't want to lose it if I return the phone to them. Also, I'm traveling for the next 2 weeks..... They will let me on the plane with it, right? LOL

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Frankly I'm just going to see what Samsung does and hope I can do it directly through them. I got mine from Best Buy but they gave me $100 credit to the order and I don't want to lose it if I return the phone to them. Also, I'm traveling for the next 2 weeks..... They will let me on the plane with it, right? LOL
You shouldn't lose any of the gifts if you exchange.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone via corporate. I talked to our IT person...the Verizon rep said that you can hold on to the phone until Sept 30th..by that time they should have replacements available. For me, my IT department will initiate the exchange...that means that they will send me a replacement BRAND NEW phone and I will pack this one up and send back with return label.

Now, HR is telling me the just monitor it since I sent my iPhone I had to another colleague who needed a phone.

This is what I am going to do and I suspect is what will end up being the norm.

FWIW the Verizon Rep handles large corporate customers and was just given this information 1 hour ago from up on high.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of getting the run around at tmo, but I don't blame them. I'm sure they're fielding a ton of questions and new situations so they don't have concrete protocols yet. I went to the store and they said I couldn't return my phone there and then since I had it shipped to me. They said I needed to send it back, but that I needed to send my iPhone (that's still in my possession since I hadn't gotten around to sending it back as part of my JUMP upgrade yet) first. I went home and called customer care and spoke with a really nice rep who said they shouldn't have done that. Right now she's getting clarification from management that I'd be allowed to return my phone back to the tmo store, get my refunds and JUMP upgrade reversed, and then come back for the new devices when they're available.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of getting the run around at tmo, but I don't blame them. I'm sure they're fielding a ton of questions and new situations so they don't have concrete protocols yet. I went to the store and they said I couldn't return my phone there and then since I had it shipped to me. They said I needed to send it back, but that I needed to send my iPhone (that's still in my possession since I hadn't gotten around to sending it back as part of my JUMP upgrade yet) first. I went home and called customer care and spoke with a really nice rep who said they shouldn't have done that. Right now she's getting clarification from management that I'd be allowed to return my phone back to the tmo store, get my refunds and JUMP upgrade reversed, and then come back for the new devices when they're available.
If that's the case I would rather do that. I ordered a back up phone so now I can send it or take it back or whatever without worrying about not having a phone.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't lose any of the gifts if you exchange.

It wasn't a gift - it was a credit to the order due to system issues they had in handling my order - so they refunded $100 of the cost. I guess come to think of it, they can't get their refund back if I do return the phone - but I want to be sure if I did, I would get full value back.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I am keeping mine. I only use the chargers made for it. I spoke with Samsung and they said that is was a very small amount in the US.

Yes, and your phone could be a part of that "very small amount". For your safety, and those around you, I would exchange the phone when you can.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a feeling that will change or your carrier will arrange to trade them.

Most likely. But why even mention it, just acknowledge what's going on and inform the customer we have to get back with you on the matter since it's still fresh.

For some customers they rather not arrange a trade, but a return.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't a gift - it was a credit to the order due to system issues they had in handling my order - so they refunded $100 of the cost. I guess come to think of it, they can't get their refund back if I do return the phone - but I want to be sure if I did, I would get full value back.
If you return the phone, they will give you the amount you paid. Exchanging it shouldn't be an issue.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess customers who got their Note7 from Best Buy are practically on hold.

Best Buy is not going to do anything up to this point... Which doesn't make much sense, obviously there's a recall in progress.. But Best Buy will not extend the return/exchange policy.. I'm shocked.
Wow that sucks

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This sucks for Samsung. This is definitely going to affect them with the iPhone 7 less than a week away. And then they're going to have to convince people to buy after this mess.

It also sucks for Android as a whole since Samsung is the top selling Android maker. I hope they resolve it, because it is a nice phone.

Well after all the issues I have had with three phones from Samsung and now on my 4th, I call this Karma. That being said, even though I was an iPhone guy prior, even they are having issues right now sourcing memory. So I would assume that Fruit is going be having problems if they don't get their QA process resolved.

The reason this happened with Samsung is they were trying to push the sales prior to Apple. Nothing more than greed.. and now they are paying the price for it. There are more than battery issues on the Note 7 (all be it) varied by carrier and user. ie. my case... bad reception, a notification sound that loops it self like a DJ is scratching a remix of it (only shut off by waiting 5/10 seconds or hitting power), and now where the contacts won't all come over and the I have the LAG. (Which I did not have on the prior three devices). I am tired of being the beta tester for TMO and Samsung. They should have tested this phone more throughly IMO before releasing this device to the masses.

I agree with some of what you say, but they're just like any other company, they have to compete. The strategy has paid off for them in the past with every other Note introduction. I just hope when my phone is replaced, a lot of the issue will be resolved,

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Most likely. But why even mention it, just acknowledge what's going on and inform the customer we have to get back with you on the matter since it's still fresh.

For some customers they rather not arrange a trade, but a return.
Honestly the corporate office might not have given the stores info about this yet.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Yea that is what the only store in my county says too. If you order a phone you have to deal with corporate which is stupid since I still ordered the phone in the store. I will likely just have them ship me my phone and send mine back so I don't have to deal with the morons at my store and long wait time that's the norm there.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I guess customers who got their Note7 from Best Buy are practically on hold.

Best Buy is not going to do anything up to this point... Which doesn't make much sense, obviously there's a recall in progress.. But Best Buy will not extend the return/exchange policy.. I'm shocked.

They will probably just make the customers deal with Samsung directly, lazy on their part if this is the case.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Honestly the corporate office might bit have given the stores about this.

I know we are trying to keep the recall stuff to one thread, but is there any chance you guys can open 1 thread per Carrier? i.e. "Verizon Recall info"?

I think that would be more helpful for the community, since carriers may handle things differently.

Just a thought ..

Nyt1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
If that's the case I would rather do that. I ordered a back up phone so now I can send it or take it back or whatever without worrying about not having a phone.

I switched to tmobile last year and the Note 7 was my first JUMP experience. as much as I love their plans, their customer service can be pretty terrible (worse than anything I experience 10 years with att).

I unfortunately returned my Note 5 yesterday! What do we do if we return the Note 7 and have already returned our original device? Can we get another device and return under "buyer's remorse" once the repaired note 7s are ready, or would we be stuck with the restocking fee in that case?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Original upgrade date.
What I meant was say my upgrade was reset on August 19th. This means that I could buy another phone on contract on August 19,2018. So if I return the phone and buy , would I still be able to buy a new phone on contract on August 19,2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.