09-02-2016 04:36 PM
1,397 123 ...
tools
    [WARN]UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been officially recalled. Users who own a Note7 will be able to exchange their unit for another one.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...ery-explosions
    [/WARN]

[NOTE]For a constantly-updated list of official statements from Samsung and carriers, plus what to do if you're affected, please check the following links.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...statement.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-7-recall.html[/NOTE]

*ORIGINAL POST*
    Well, if you are thinking of buying a Note7, you're gonna have to wait a bit longer.

Samsung has suspended shipments of the Note7 for "quality testing". No word on what this specifically tests, nor how long the delay will be.

Given some reports on some Exynos 8890-powered models falling into an LG G4-esque bootloop and 2 reports on the device exploding while being charged, it looks like Samsung may have something on its hands. Hopefully it's not something too serious for existing users.

On the exploding Notes, though. I still recommend using the original wallwart and cable combo as those work best with the device and details are lax on whether the ones that exploded were using the original cable (though the post on the second one seems to indicate that it's probably on a third-party combo).

Galaxy Note 7 shipments have been delayed for quality testing - SamMobile
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-31-2016 07:40 AM
    Looks like my Note 4 will have to stay in operation a while longer. At least I found decent replacement batteries locally.
    08-31-2016 07:49 AM
    Ah not good... Will be interesting if any further details are given on specific reasons.
    08-31-2016 08:03 AM
    I ordered my Note 7 online yesterday at TMobile and it is already at the delivery depot where I'll pickup today. I made a premature judgement and return the first note 7 too early. Ended up ordering a new one.
    08-31-2016 08:05 AM
    Apparently the areas being reviewed are the charging power functions and USB-C, but only the 8890 version. If Samsung had safety concerns for the 820 version, they would have stop alerts / recalls sent to retail. Not showing due diligence in these matters is pure lawsuit bait.
    08-31-2016 08:06 AM
    I was hoping the article was going to mention build quality and reports on the glass. But exploding phones is an issue too.
    Weird, haven't seem exploding phone posts as much as cracked screen posts on the forum.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-31-2016 08:09 AM
    I was hoping the article was going to mention build quality and reports on the glass. But exploding phones is an issue too.
    Weird, haven't seem exploding phone posts as much as cracked screen posts on the forum.
    Because exploding phones is much more dangerous....even if it is only one or two so far.
    08-31-2016 08:15 AM
    I think the cracks are the thin glass design using curves, so not a quality production issue, but a systemic design issue. Surely Samsung tested before blessing the build of material and design. Hubris win here? Style over substance fail?
    Nerf cases might be a trend for the Note 7 Added: I own a Note 7, so can joke (tragedy is a form of comedy).
    jimd1050 and jordankreationz like this.
    08-31-2016 08:16 AM
    The 8890 version is NOT the snapdragon version right?
    08-31-2016 08:16 AM
    The 8890 version is NOT the snapdragon version right?
    No exynos 8890 and snapdragon 820 are two different versions they made
    08-31-2016 08:18 AM
    Right, so they are reviewing the exynos version, not the snapdragon one ATT has (and most US carriers).
    08-31-2016 08:21 AM
    Right, so they are reviewing the exynos version, not the snapdragon one ATT has (and most US carriers).
    Exynos Version is the international version the US only got the Snapdragon
    08-31-2016 08:25 AM
    Nerf cases might be a trend for the Note 7 Added: I own a Note 7, so can joke (tragedy is a form of comedy).
    I'd buy some. xD
    08-31-2016 08:26 AM
    So all of us early adopters could be screwed? My Note 7 has been flawless so far, knock on wood.
    08-31-2016 08:29 AM
    Concerning but I really like this phone though... design, features, etc.

If I do accept the risk... I've always loved and have faith in the Speck Crystal Candy Shell cases... always makes any phone I paired it with feel like a solid brick with a little more thickness than something like a spigen clear. I'd have to pair a Note 7 with one of those.

I'd buy some. xD
    08-31-2016 08:33 AM
    So all of us early adopters could be screwed? My Note 7 has been flawless so far, knock on wood.
    Well, as long as you keep charging your device on good wallwart + cable combos like the one in the box, it should be fine.
    08-31-2016 08:37 AM
    Hopefully this is just an issue with the Exynos version. Though it's bummer for those owners.

I wish you guys well. I sent back my Note 7 a few days ago, under buyers remorse. Went back to my Note 5. I just couldn't do the narrowness of the screen with the edge display.

Good luck everyone!
    08-31-2016 09:47 AM
    Well, as long as you keep charging your device on good wallwart + cable combos like the one in the box, it should be fine.
    Have there been other reports of Note 7's blowing up while charging or just that one guy?
    08-31-2016 09:51 AM
    Have there been other reports of Note 7's blowing up while charging or just that one guy?
    Both reports of explosions happened during charging.

In the first one, it looked like it charged on a substandard cable + wallwart combo, but there isn't any info on that. In the second one, judging by the post, it seemed like it was charged on a third-party cable + wallwart combo, though no one is sure. The weird thing is that they never said which chargers were used.

"You should use its original charger just in case and leave the phone far away from where you are while charging."

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/08/31/another-galaxy-note-7-explodes-while-charging/
    nonie likes this.
    08-31-2016 09:54 AM
    I remember the first report was in China and it was a third party micro usb cable using Samsung's adapter to usb-c, but I haven't seen the second report. But I believe China had the snapdragon version too. Weird.
    08-31-2016 09:58 AM
    I ordered my Note 7 online yesterday at TMobile and it is already at the delivery depot where I'll pickup today. I made a premature judgement and return the first note 7 too early. Ended up ordering a new one.
    I knew you'd be back!
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-31-2016 10:01 AM
    I knew you'd be back!
    I know I know lol....I pulled that trigger way too soon. Getting it today..again
    08-31-2016 10:02 AM
    It takes a lot to get me concerned about these "issues" that one sees pop up after a new phone is released but I will add a little anecdotal data to the mix. The other night I grabbed my Note4 (original) cable and the Samsung usb-c adapter that was included with my Note7 as I was heading out for a last minute overnight away. Later that night I plugged it in and after about 15 minutes the adapter was so hot I couldn't touch it for longer than a few seconds without feeling it was going to burn me. Immediately unplugged it. It was WAY too hot. I won't be using that adapter ever again.
    08-31-2016 10:14 AM
    It takes a lot to get me concerned about these "issues" that one sees pop up after a new phone is released but I will add a little anecdotal data to the mix. The other night I grabbed my Note4 (original) cable and the Samsung usb-c adapter that was included with my Note7 as I was heading out for a last minute overnight away. Later that night I plugged it in and after about 15 minutes the adapter was so hot I couldn't touch it for longer than a few seconds without feeling it was going to burn me. Immediately unplugged it. It was WAY too hot. I won't be using that adapter ever again.
    That's odd.

I've used Samsung wallwarts with that adapter and haven't felt it at that level of hotness.

But still, better to be safe than sorry.
    08-31-2016 11:01 AM
    That's odd.

I've used Samsung wallwarts with that adapter and haven't felt it at that level of hotness.

But still, better to be safe than sorry.
    Yes, I was very surprised. I have always used OEM accessories. I wasn't worried at all about that adapter. Maybe something wrong with mine. Who knows. My Note4 original cable has been in the same spot (bedside) for two years prior to my grabbing it the other night and pairing it with the adapter. So I would think that cable would still be in great condition.
    08-31-2016 12:18 PM
1,397 123 ...