09-16-2016 03:33 PM
77 1234
tools
    Lots of negativity seems to be swirling around the N7. My brother just ordered one and is getting nervous.

My N7 is fabulous and I have zero problems. I treat it with respect and do not regret my decision one bit to buy it.
    I agree!! I love my note 7, I'm back to the Note from the Nexus 6. Of course I've had a few issues here and there, but nothing major and nothing I couldn't solve on my own. And in all cases any issues were due to bringing over all my apps from old phone instead of starting fresh. I'm excited about my Note. But I've faced it a long time ago some people will never be happy about anything.................
    08-31-2016 02:25 PM
    welcome aboard you will be fine, lots of good people on this forum, don't be afraid to ask questions and take some of the comments with at least a pound of salt, once I figure out the S-Pen I will love this phone even more and I also came from Apple and not looking back. What color did you pick?
    nonie likes this.
    08-31-2016 02:28 PM
    VZW did the smart switch for me (first time ever doing it) and have had no problems.
    08-31-2016 02:44 PM
    I am new to the Android platform....and also to the note7 (arriving today).....I am coming from the iPhone6s Plus, and during my time at the iphone forums, I have never seen so much distain for a new flagship phone (except maybe for antennagate) is it like this with all of the flagship Samsung phones/android phones every launch? or should I be getting nervous about my purchase as well?
    No, don't be nervous. It is a great phone!! Just remember it is all glass so you need to handle with care.
    Strong_Genetics and nonie like this.
    08-31-2016 03:55 PM
    I am new to the Android platform....and also to the note7 (arriving today).....I am coming from the iPhone6s Plus, and during my time at the iphone forums, I have never seen so much distain for a new flagship phone (except maybe for antennagate) is it like this with all of the flagship Samsung phones/android phones every launch? or should I be getting nervous about my purchase as well?
    We're you on iMore or MacRumors during the first few days after the iPhone 6s+ release? That was my first iPhone and I felt it was VERY criticized. I remember posts about one certain processor or something being better than the other and people were trading in their perfectly good phones to get the "better" processor. Also, there was something about people seeing a blue tint toward the top (IIRC) of the phone and everyone was freaking out about that.

Before that I had the LG G4 and people were freaking out over battery life.

Before that I had the Note 4 and people were freaking out over "gapgate."

Before that I had the HTC M8 and people were freaing out over the bad camera.

Etc etc etc.

Speaking as a primarily Android gal, I loved my iPhone 6s+. I'm sad to have to send it back to T-Mo. But on the other hand, my Note 7 is completely rad and I'm not sorry I traded up for it in the slightest. I missed a lot of these features!
    08-31-2016 04:15 PM
    I still enjoy my note 7 as well. Mine is doing what I need it to do with minimal hiccups. I'm just waiting on the 3 million threads about when nougat will be released. Those are really fun. Lol
    cwbcpa, Shamshi-Adad and Gray Area like this.
    08-31-2016 04:33 PM
    Nothing will ever surpass antennagate!!! There is nothing wrong with your phone, you're just holding it wrong!
    Shamshi-Adad and jdfry15 like this.
    08-31-2016 04:47 PM
    I think many of the ones who complain about it don't really own it. That's just my feelings on it. I love my Note 7.
    Jewels81, nonie and lv2bsilly like this.
    08-31-2016 04:54 PM
    Love my Note 7, and my 3 good friends also just bought one too. Amazing phone with amazing features. And I challenge anyone to phone a more sexy looking phone.
    08-31-2016 05:11 PM
    on that note....it is pretty easy to update the iphone when an OS update is released.....any way you could point me in the right direction for where i should be looking to update my note7 FW when it's released....is android just as good with OS updates as apple?
    nonie likes this.
    08-31-2016 05:23 PM
    on that note....it is pretty easy to update the iphone when an OS update is released.....any way you could point me in the right direction for where i should be looking to update my note7 FW when it's released....is android just as good with OS updates as apple?
    It will come to your phone, you will see posts about it here.

We get more updates than Apple does. Google will update, it will go to Samsung, they will update and then to your carrier and they will update and send it to your phone.

Different carriers are better than others about updating. Some carriers will mess with Samsungs update a lot, some really won't mess with it.

Last year we got monthly security updates, my carrier was gas in getting them out and they already have Android N in testing for the Note 7.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-31-2016 06:08 PM
    I say this to the naysayers. I am a proud owner of the Galaxy Note 7. When I play graphic intensive games it doesn't get hot. When I charge it, it doesn't explode. I have the Supposed ''defective gap" but I just submerged it in water and it still works in fact I'm writing this post with my s-pen on my beautifully curved, unscratched, unprotected screen right now.
    08-31-2016 06:34 PM
    And this was the supposed phone of the year? Never seeing a phone plaqued with so much issues
    Seems you bought the negative hyperbole? My N7 to this point as per virtually all reviews has been outstanding, and I'm a picky person.
    08-31-2016 10:18 PM
    Lots of negativity seems to be swirling around the N7. My brother just ordered one and is getting nervous.

My N7 is fabulous and I have zero problems. I treat it with respect and do not regret my decision one bit to buy it.
    Same here...people like to kvetch
    Shamshi-Adad, msndrstood and nonie like this.
    09-01-2016 02:07 PM
    You don't remember 'bend-gate'? I also remember an issue dealing with scratches right out of the box during release, one year, for the iPhone. I used to read most of the same stuff on the iPhone forums I frequented. New releases on flagship phones always have groups of complainers and when you read it on a forum you think it's wide spread and they all have the problem you just read about. Flagship phones are the big sellers, meaning more people purchase them. Which also means more people complaining and voicing their problems due to the simple fact that there are more of them out there.
    I agree with you. And from my experience, a lot of forums are so totally biased in one direction or the other that you have iSheep complaining about Fandroid phone launch problems and vice versa. One of the reasons why I made Mobile Nations home (iMore and AC especially) is that they are interconnected and we see lower than the usual number of trolls. In fact, up until work got hectic a month or two back, I was an iMore Ambassador, such is my love for the MN sites and my desire to help others.

Different carriers are better than others about updating. Some carriers will mess with Samsungs update a lot, some really won't mess with it.
    What are T-Mo like for update immediacy and futzing around with it please?
    09-01-2016 02:14 PM
    I agree with you. And from my experience, a lot of forums are so totally biased in one direction or the other that you have iSheep complaining about Fandroid phone launch problems and vice versa. One of the reasons why I made Mobile Nations home (iMore and AC especially) is that they are interconnected and we see lower than the usual number of trolls. In fact, up until work got hectic a month or two back, I was an iMore Ambassador, such is my love for the MN sites and my desire to help others.

What are T-Mo like for update immediacy and futzing around with it please?
    I've been very happy with TMO and my Note 5. My previous Notes were on AT&T and the bloatware was crazy. They were always late in getting updates.

TMO has very little bloat and the last year I have had this account back with TMO, updates have been great. Right now TMO has the Note 7 and Note 5 in testing for N already.

TMO was also very good with the security updates. I only had a couple of issues and I'm not sure if that was TMO or Samsung.
    09-01-2016 02:56 PM
    Almost 2 weeks I've had my blue vzw Note 7.

And I'm 1000% happy with it. I think it's phenomenal!

Fast smooth responsive operation... excellent battery life... and an eye candy screen.

I even have trouble free use with my Otterbox Commuter + curved tempered glass screen protector!

I did a clean set up.. didn't transfer pics and videos... didn't install all my apps... just a few as needed.. and installed a fresh SD card.

I'm very thankful I'm not having the problems some others are having!
    09-01-2016 03:51 PM
    In my region, many Note 7 are bricking almost straight out of the box (and we dun have strong consumer laws to refund or exchange from the store we bought from), I think no other issues can be worse than that. Hopefully the battery and recall issue dun affect us.
    09-01-2016 05:35 PM
    No doom and gloom here...
    nonie likes this.
    09-01-2016 06:45 PM
    I did a clean set up.. didn't transfer pics and videos... didn't install all my apps... just a few as needed.. and installed a fresh SD card.
    Congrats! You did it right and deserve the joy. The apps create a lot of problems, depending. Mine always work better if I don't preload. I did transfer everything but apps via SmartSwitch once setup and everything is golden here. No lag and smooth as buttah!
    Shamshi-Adad and dcooper830 like this.
    09-01-2016 06:48 PM
    I think many of the ones who complain about it don't really own it. That's just my feelings on it. I love my Note 7.
    You're holding it wrong, but we'll give you a free case since you can't figure out how to hold it. Classic.
    09-01-2016 07:10 PM
    As others have posted, consumers are more likely (usually) to post or talk about negative product or "location" experiences than they are to express positive outcomes or reviews. Those who are satisfied with their products may not see the need to search forums for things; or maybe they don't post *as* much as those who are dissatisfied; and all of these variables skew the stats to make it look like there is an overwhelming amount of negativity towards the product, when in reality, that is not the case.

Plus, every flagship has "growing pains" when they launch. Consumers need to be aware of this and if they really want the device, they have the choice to buy it right at launch and maybe risk dealing with some of those "growing pains;" or they can wait a little while for some of the bugs to be fixed, and then buy it. It's difficult when consumers want that product *now;* but just because a flagship has some bugs, doesn't mean it's not a good flagship.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 09:13 PM
    My note 7 and I had a shaky start but it has since rebound and gets better daily!
    09-01-2016 10:23 PM
    Except for the lag problems I've had compared to the Note 5, I love my Note 7. I plan on using it as I await the recall. I usually charge it where I am always next to it.
    09-02-2016 07:51 AM
    And with the further gloom and doom I stand by my statement STILL love my Note7.
    stmax, Weils, msndrstood and 2 others like this.
    09-02-2016 07:54 AM
77 1234