09-16-2016 03:33 PM
77 1234
tools
    My note 7 and I had a shaky start but it has since rebound and gets better daily!
    I've battled some lag but haven't noticed any the last few days...
    09-02-2016 07:57 AM
    And with the further gloom and doom I stand by my statement STILL love my Note7.
    Agreed. Maybe a bit of a hassle to replace the phone but it's for my own safety. The only disappointment is that I couldn't enjoy using the phone without the nagging feeling that my battery could be defective.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:20 AM
    Is everyone going to continue to use their Note 7 until replacement and just monitor the phone while it charges?
    nonie and lv2bsilly like this.
    09-02-2016 08:25 AM
    Is everyone going to continue to use their Note 7 until replacement and just monitor the phone while it charges?
    Yep. I unplug as soon as it's charged. Mine doesn't really heat up while charging, it gets slightly warm, but definitely nothing like the reports others have had. I'm extremely happy with mine and not looking forward to getting another one that might not be as good as this one with battery life. We'll see.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:33 AM
    Yep. I unplug as soon as it's charged. Mine doesn't really heat up while charging, it gets slightly warm, but definitely nothing like the reports others have had. I'm extremely happy with mine and not looking forward to getting another one that might not be as good as this one with battery life. We'll see.
    I can confirm that my Note 7, either wireless or cable charging, has never become hot. The only issue I've had with the Note 7 is that it is has a lot more lag compared to the Note 5.
    09-02-2016 08:35 AM
    People are always much quicker to complain than to compliment. I had my Note 7 for about a week and sold it. I just didn't think that it was worth the money and I am not an spen guy. But during the time that I had it, it was great, no problems at all. The display was the best that I have ever seen by far.

It is truly a Flagship in every way... but a LOT of money!!
    09-02-2016 08:37 AM
    Everyone needs to chill out. 24 per million sold have this POTENTIAL battery issue. I say again 24 per million. Now, I can admit that if I was one that was affected I might be signing a different tune but hopefully Samsung does good by those people and offers a new device as replacement and a few freebies to make nice. So far they have handled this pretty well and I think they will continue to do so. I do hope that at some point they disclose how you can tell if you device would be affected even it hasn't exploded yet.
    09-02-2016 08:44 AM
    Yes. It has been rock solid so far, and never heated up whether recharged from the original cord/charger or my Samsung Fast Wireless charging pad.

It is truly a Flagship in every way... but a LOT of money!!
    I wanted to address this concern again - on absolute terms, it is a lot of money, but not relatively. My iPhone 6s Plus cost me $849 one year ago (or even today), and the GN7 cost me $30 more - I can assure you that it has dozens of advantages over the iPhone 6s Plus. In fact, if the iP6s+ were appropriately priced compared to the GN7, it would be selling for at least $250 less than the GN7.
    nonie and indydrummer like this.
    09-02-2016 08:49 AM
    I've had issues with my first Note 7 with freak of nature battery drain when i reach 40%. It would instantly drop to 0%. I warrantied it out through Best Buy, but BB didn't have my color choice, only silver. So to avoid not having any phone I gladly accepted the silver Note. So the next day after, I hunted for black beauty 2 days and no one had it within 250 miles of me. But lo and behold I found black onyx at a store 45 minutes from my home, the only 1 they had left. Did i go get my beloved phone? You damn right I did. Jumped on the motorcycle weaving and dodging traffic to get it. Not going to let a few mishaps keep me away from this beast of a phone.
    msndrstood and lv2bsilly like this.
    09-02-2016 09:03 AM
    Everyone needs to chill out. 24 per million sold have this POTENTIAL battery issue. I say again 24 per million. Now, I can admit that if I was one that was affected I might be signing a different tune but hopefully Samsung does good by those people and offers a new device as replacement and a few freebies to make nice. So far they have handled this pretty well and I think they will continue to do so. I do hope that at some point they disclose how you can tell if you device would be affected even it hasn't exploded yet.
    They have issued a recall for all devices, it is official, it is up to you to decide.

They have found 24 out of 35 tested out of 1 million sold.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:03 AM
    They have issued a recall for all devices, it is official, it is up to you to decide.

They have found 24 out of 35 tested out of 1 million sold.
    That's not exactly correct - out of 35 customer returned phones, 24 had the battery issue - they didn't pull 35 of the 1,000,000 and find 24 failures...
    RobertP1 likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:12 AM
    That's not exactly correct - out of 35 customer returned phones, 24 had the battery issue - they didn't pull 35 of the 1,000,000 and find 24 failures...
    What I said was correct, I never said they pulled 35. They were sent in to service centers all over the world with exploding batteries. 24 were found to have a battery fault.
    Shamshi-Adad and nonie like this.
    09-02-2016 09:17 AM
    What I said was correct, I never said they pulled 35. They were sent in to service centers all over the world with exploding batteries. 24 were found to have a battery fault.
    My apologies for not using my reading glasses...you are right.
    09-02-2016 01:56 PM
    What caused the exploding batteries on the other 11 ?
    Were those 11 folks IMF agents
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-02-2016 02:56 PM
    What caused the exploding batteries on the other 11 ?
    Were those 11 folks IMF agents
    They haven't said what caused those. But they are giving a pretty large number now that could be affected.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 03:09 PM
    I sold my Note 7 (before the exploding battery situation) and the guy came to me and asked "what I was going to do about it".... I chuckled and said "put on a helmet before borrowing YOUR phone"...
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    09-03-2016 07:23 AM
    I sold my Note 7 (before the exploding battery situation) and the guy came to me and asked "what I was going to do about it".... I chuckled and said "put on a helmet before borrowing YOUR phone"...
    You have to do the exchange process the carrier won't allow him.

It is unethical to not help him.
    Shamshi-Adad, RobertP1 and nonie like this.
    09-03-2016 04:03 PM
    That's usually how it happens. New phone release , and all you hear about are the problems and unhappy consumers. But it's really a small number compared to the people who love their phone and therefore don't post as much. He's got nothing to worry about.
    Hmm. I don't remember mass sightings of burnt phones on every news outlet compared to other "problems" with releases. Come on now...
    09-03-2016 04:38 PM
    Hmm. I don't remember mass sightings of burnt phones on every news outlet compared to other "problems" with releases. Come on now...
    That doesn't even make sense.
    09-03-2016 04:44 PM
    You have to do the exchange process the carrier won't allow him.

It is unethical to not help him.
    Of course I will help him if he needs it.
    09-05-2016 06:50 PM
    It is really not much of an issue. The carriers are stepping up and dealing with the problem. Swap out your phone and move on.

Everyone should watch Flossy Carter on YouTube and listen to him on this subject.

Out of the millions of phones sold, how many have actually caught fire ? You have more chance of getting eaten by a shark.
    nonie likes this.
    09-05-2016 06:56 PM
    Lots of negativity seems to be swirling around the N7. My brother just ordered one and is getting nervous.

My N7 is fabulous and I have zero problems. I treat it with respect and do not regret my decision one bit to buy it.
    Neither do I...but I am still gonna follow Samsung's edict and exchange it when the new ones come in....
    nonie likes this.
    09-05-2016 06:59 PM
    It is really not much of an issue. The carriers are stepping up and dealing with the problem. Swap out your phone and move on.

Everyone should watch Flossy Carter on YouTube and listen to him on this subject.

Out of the millions of phones sold, how many have actually caught fire ? You have more chance of getting eaten by a shark.
    More every day. For about every one you hear about there are about five you don't.
    nonie and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-05-2016 07:14 PM
    Yes. It has been rock solid so far, and never heated up whether recharged from the original cord/charger or my Samsung Fast Wireless charging pad.

I wanted to address this concern again - on absolute terms, it is a lot of money, but not relatively. My iPhone 6s Plus cost me $849 one year ago (or even today), and the GN7 cost me $30 more - I can assure you that it has dozens of advantages over the iPhone 6s Plus. In fact, if the iP6s+ were appropriately priced compared to the GN7, it would be selling for at least $250 less than the GN7.
    My 64gb 6s plus was $100more then my note 7. So not at all complaining about the cost of my note considering how much more advanced it is over my iphone. Camera alone was enough to push me away from my iphone
    nonie and Gray Area like this.
    09-05-2016 07:21 PM
    One of the most beautiful and almost perfect phone I ever used, so sad that such a thing has to happen
    nonie, skatergirl and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-05-2016 07:47 PM
77 1234