Even with gloom and doom I still love my Note

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you. And from my experience, a lot of forums are so totally biased in one direction or the other that you have iSheep complaining about Fandroid phone launch problems and vice versa. One of the reasons why I made Mobile Nations home (iMore and AC especially) is that they are interconnected and we see lower than the usual number of trolls. In fact, up until work got hectic a month or two back, I was an iMore Ambassador, such is my love for the MN sites and my desire to help others.

What are T-Mo like for update immediacy and futzing around with it please?
I've been very happy with TMO and my Note 5. My previous Notes were on AT&T and the bloatware was crazy. They were always late in getting updates.

TMO has very little bloat and the last year I have had this account back with TMO, updates have been great. Right now TMO has the Note 7 and Note 5 in testing for N already.

TMO was also very good with the security updates. I only had a couple of issues and I'm not sure if that was TMO or Samsung.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Almost 2 weeks I've had my blue vzw Note 7.

And I'm 1000% happy with it. I think it's phenomenal!

Fast smooth responsive operation... excellent battery life... and an eye candy screen.

I even have trouble free use with my Otterbox Commuter + curved tempered glass screen protector!

I did a clean set up.. didn't transfer pics and videos... didn't install all my apps... just a few as needed.. and installed a fresh SD card.

I'm very thankful I'm not having the problems some others are having!

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
In my region, many Note 7 are bricking almost straight out of the box (and we dun have strong consumer laws to refund or exchange from the store we bought from), I think no other issues can be worse than that. Hopefully the battery and recall issue dun affect us.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I did a clean set up.. didn't transfer pics and videos... didn't install all my apps... just a few as needed.. and installed a fresh SD card.
Congrats! You did it right and deserve the joy. The apps create a lot of problems, depending. Mine always work better if I don't preload. I did transfer everything but apps via SmartSwitch once setup and everything is golden here. No lag and smooth as buttah!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
As others have posted, consumers are more likely (usually) to post or talk about negative product or "location" experiences than they are to express positive outcomes or reviews. Those who are satisfied with their products may not see the need to search forums for things; or maybe they don't post *as* much as those who are dissatisfied; and all of these variables skew the stats to make it look like there is an overwhelming amount of negativity towards the product, when in reality, that is not the case.

Plus, every flagship has "growing pains" when they launch. Consumers need to be aware of this and if they really want the device, they have the choice to buy it right at launch and maybe risk dealing with some of those "growing pains;" or they can wait a little while for some of the bugs to be fixed, and then buy it. It's difficult when consumers want that product *now;* but just because a flagship has some bugs, doesn't mean it's not a good flagship.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Except for the lag problems I've had compared to the Note 5, I love my Note 7. I plan on using it as I await the recall. I usually charge it where I am always next to it.

Weils

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
And with the further gloom and doom I stand by my statement STILL love my Note7.

Agreed. Maybe a bit of a hassle to replace the phone but it's for my own safety. The only disappointment is that I couldn't enjoy using the phone without the nagging feeling that my battery could be defective.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Is everyone going to continue to use their Note 7 until replacement and just monitor the phone while it charges?
Yep. I unplug as soon as it's charged. Mine doesn't really heat up while charging, it gets slightly warm, but definitely nothing like the reports others have had. I'm extremely happy with mine and not looking forward to getting another one that might not be as good as this one with battery life. We'll see.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I unplug as soon as it's charged. Mine doesn't really heat up while charging, it gets slightly warm, but definitely nothing like the reports others have had. I'm extremely happy with mine and not looking forward to getting another one that might not be as good as this one with battery life. We'll see.

I can confirm that my Note 7, either wireless or cable charging, has never become hot. The only issue I've had with the Note 7 is that it is has a lot more lag compared to the Note 5.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
People are always much quicker to complain than to compliment. I had my Note 7 for about a week and sold it. I just didn't think that it was worth the money and I am not an spen guy. But during the time that I had it, it was great, no problems at all. The display was the best that I have ever seen by far.

It is truly a Flagship in every way... but a LOT of money!!

pmr5019

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Everyone needs to chill out. 24 per million sold have this POTENTIAL battery issue. I say again 24 per million. Now, I can admit that if I was one that was affected I might be signing a different tune but hopefully Samsung does good by those people and offers a new device as replacement and a few freebies to make nice. So far they have handled this pretty well and I think they will continue to do so. I do hope that at some point they disclose how you can tell if you device would be affected even it hasn't exploded yet.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Is everyone going to continue to use their Note 7 until replacement and just monitor the phone while it charges?

Yes. It has been rock solid so far, and never heated up whether recharged from the original cord/charger or my Samsung Fast Wireless charging pad.

It is truly a Flagship in every way... but a LOT of money!!

I wanted to address this concern again - on absolute terms, it is a lot of money, but not relatively. My iPhone 6s Plus cost me $849 one year ago (or even today), and the GN7 cost me $30 more - I can assure you that it has dozens of advantages over the iPhone 6s Plus. In fact, if the iP6s+ were appropriately priced compared to the GN7, it would be selling for at least $250 less than the GN7.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I've had issues with my first Note 7 with freak of nature battery drain when i reach 40%. It would instantly drop to 0%. I warrantied it out through Best Buy, but BB didn't have my color choice, only silver. So to avoid not having any phone I gladly accepted the silver Note. So the next day after, I hunted for black beauty 2 days and no one had it within 250 miles of me. But lo and behold I found black onyx at a store 45 minutes from my home, the only 1 they had left. Did i go get my beloved phone? You damn right I did. Jumped on the motorcycle weaving and dodging traffic to get it. Not going to let a few mishaps keep me away from this beast of a phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Everyone needs to chill out. 24 per million sold have this POTENTIAL battery issue. I say again 24 per million. Now, I can admit that if I was one that was affected I might be signing a different tune but hopefully Samsung does good by those people and offers a new device as replacement and a few freebies to make nice. So far they have handled this pretty well and I think they will continue to do so. I do hope that at some point they disclose how you can tell if you device would be affected even it hasn't exploded yet.
They have issued a recall for all devices, it is official, it is up to you to decide.

They have found 24 out of 35 tested out of 1 million sold.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2