Even with gloom and doom I still love my Note

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
My position exactly (nine year iPhone vet here), but my one week old GN7 is running true and straight, and vastly superior to both my iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus. Since it is all glass (the shame of my iPhone 4), I bought the accidental damage coverage. So I'm going to ride it out despite the paper in the gap test that my GN7 failed (both sides of front).

PS - after reading Android forums for the last month, while waiting for my GN7, I have found there is almost as much hatred between Samsiung owners and the rest of Android-land as there is between Fandroids and iSheep...

do you know if there is any way for me to sign up for that accidental coverage now or is it too late?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Pictures and music should be OK. It's mainly apps, settings and any app or system files you don't want to carry over.
Just an FYI. The only time I used Smart Switch, I ended up with the media server bug.

At this point, I wouldn't touch Smart Switch for anything.

Chuck_loads

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I am new to the Android platform....and also to the note7 (arriving today).....I am coming from the iPhone6s Plus, and during my time at the iphone forums, I have never seen so much distain for a new flagship phone (except maybe for antennagate) is it like this with all of the flagship Samsung phones/android phones every launch? or should I be getting nervous about my purchase as well?
I came from 6s plus as well no regret in the slightest after several failed lifeproof cases an a few trips to Apple store. Sure not as fluid as apple but that..005 tenth of a second lag is not going make a difference to me just having to relearn android again was fun to me an loving being worry free about contact with water.

kh965

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Lots of negativity seems to be swirling around the N7. My brother just ordered one and is getting nervous.

My N7 is fabulous and I have zero problems. I treat it with respect and do not regret my decision one bit to buy it.

I agree!! I love my note 7, I'm back to the Note from the Nexus 6. Of course I've had a few issues here and there, but nothing major and nothing I couldn't solve on my own. And in all cases any issues were due to bringing over all my apps from old phone instead of starting fresh. I'm excited about my Note. But I've faced it a long time ago some people will never be happy about anything.................

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
welcome aboard you will be fine, lots of good people on this forum, don't be afraid to ask questions and take some of the comments with at least a pound of salt, once I figure out the S-Pen I will love this phone even more and I also came from Apple and not looking back. What color did you pick?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the Android platform....and also to the note7 (arriving today).....I am coming from the iPhone6s Plus, and during my time at the iphone forums, I have never seen so much distain for a new flagship phone (except maybe for antennagate) is it like this with all of the flagship Samsung phones/android phones every launch? or should I be getting nervous about my purchase as well?

No, don't be nervous. It is a great phone!! Just remember it is all glass so you need to handle with care.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

We're you on iMore or MacRumors during the first few days after the iPhone 6s+ release? That was my first iPhone and I felt it was VERY criticized. I remember posts about one certain processor or something being better than the other and people were trading in their perfectly good phones to get the "better" processor. Also, there was something about people seeing a blue tint toward the top (IIRC) of the phone and everyone was freaking out about that.

Before that I had the LG G4 and people were freaking out over battery life.

Before that I had the Note 4 and people were freaking out over "gapgate."

Before that I had the HTC M8 and people were freaing out over the bad camera.

Etc etc etc.

Speaking as a primarily Android gal, I loved my iPhone 6s+. I'm sad to have to send it back to T-Mo. But on the other hand, my Note 7 is completely rad and I'm not sorry I traded up for it in the slightest. I missed a lot of these features!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I still enjoy my note 7 as well. Mine is doing what I need it to do with minimal hiccups. I'm just waiting on the 3 million threads about when nougat will be released. Those are really fun. Lol

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Love my Note 7, and my 3 good friends also just bought one too. Amazing phone with amazing features. And I challenge anyone to phone a more sexy looking phone.

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
on that note....it is pretty easy to update the iphone when an OS update is released.....any way you could point me in the right direction for where i should be looking to update my note7 FW when it's released....is android just as good with OS updates as apple?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
on that note....it is pretty easy to update the iphone when an OS update is released.....any way you could point me in the right direction for where i should be looking to update my note7 FW when it's released....is android just as good with OS updates as apple?
It will come to your phone, you will see posts about it here.

We get more updates than Apple does. Google will update, it will go to Samsung, they will update and then to your carrier and they will update and send it to your phone.

Different carriers are better than others about updating. Some carriers will mess with Samsungs update a lot, some really won't mess with it.

Last year we got monthly security updates, my carrier was gas in getting them out and they already have Android N in testing for the Note 7.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I say this to the naysayers. I am a proud owner of the Galaxy Note 7. When I play graphic intensive games it doesn't get hot. When I charge it, it doesn't explode. I have the Supposed ''defective gap" but I just submerged it in water and it still works in fact I'm writing this post with my s-pen on my beautifully curved, unscratched, unprotected screen right now.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Lots of negativity seems to be swirling around the N7. My brother just ordered one and is getting nervous.

My N7 is fabulous and I have zero problems. I treat it with respect and do not regret my decision one bit to buy it.

Same here...people like to kvetch

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You don't remember 'bend-gate'? I also remember an issue dealing with scratches right out of the box during release, one year, for the iPhone. I used to read most of the same stuff on the iPhone forums I frequented. New releases on flagship phones always have groups of complainers and when you read it on a forum you think it's wide spread and they all have the problem you just read about. Flagship phones are the big sellers, meaning more people purchase them. Which also means more people complaining and voicing their problems due to the simple fact that there are more of them out there.

I agree with you. And from my experience, a lot of forums are so totally biased in one direction or the other that you have iSheep complaining about Fandroid phone launch problems and vice versa. One of the reasons why I made Mobile Nations home (iMore and AC especially) is that they are interconnected and we see lower than the usual number of trolls. In fact, up until work got hectic a month or two back, I was an iMore Ambassador, such is my love for the MN sites and my desire to help others.

Different carriers are better than others about updating. Some carriers will mess with Samsungs update a lot, some really won't mess with it.

What are T-Mo like for update immediacy and futzing around with it please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia