Even with gloom and doom I still love my Note

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
They have issued a recall for all devices, it is official, it is up to you to decide.

They have found 24 out of 35 tested out of 1 million sold.

That's not exactly correct - out of 35 customer returned phones, 24 had the battery issue - they didn't pull 35 of the 1,000,000 and find 24 failures...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's not exactly correct - out of 35 customer returned phones, 24 had the battery issue - they didn't pull 35 of the 1,000,000 and find 24 failures...
What I said was correct, I never said they pulled 35. They were sent in to service centers all over the world with exploding batteries. 24 were found to have a battery fault.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I sold my Note 7 (before the exploding battery situation) and the guy came to me and asked "what I was going to do about it".... I chuckled and said "put on a helmet before borrowing YOUR phone"...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Note 7 (before the exploding battery situation) and the guy came to me and asked "what I was going to do about it".... I chuckled and said "put on a helmet before borrowing YOUR phone"...
You have to do the exchange process the carrier won't allow him.

It is unethical to not help him.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
That's usually how it happens. New phone release , and all you hear about are the problems and unhappy consumers. But it's really a small number compared to the people who love their phone and therefore don't post as much. He's got nothing to worry about.

Hmm. I don't remember mass sightings of burnt phones on every news outlet compared to other "problems" with releases. Come on now...

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
It is really not much of an issue. The carriers are stepping up and dealing with the problem. Swap out your phone and move on.

Everyone should watch Flossy Carter on YouTube and listen to him on this subject.

Out of the millions of phones sold, how many have actually caught fire ? You have more chance of getting eaten by a shark.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Lots of negativity seems to be swirling around the N7. My brother just ordered one and is getting nervous.

My N7 is fabulous and I have zero problems. I treat it with respect and do not regret my decision one bit to buy it.

Neither do I...but I am still gonna follow Samsung's edict and exchange it when the new ones come in....

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It is really not much of an issue. The carriers are stepping up and dealing with the problem. Swap out your phone and move on.

Everyone should watch Flossy Carter on YouTube and listen to him on this subject.

Out of the millions of phones sold, how many have actually caught fire ? You have more chance of getting eaten by a shark.
More every day. For about every one you hear about there are about five you don't.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes. It has been rock solid so far, and never heated up whether recharged from the original cord/charger or my Samsung Fast Wireless charging pad.

I wanted to address this concern again - on absolute terms, it is a lot of money, but not relatively. My iPhone 6s Plus cost me $849 one year ago (or even today), and the GN7 cost me $30 more - I can assure you that it has dozens of advantages over the iPhone 6s Plus. In fact, if the iP6s+ were appropriately priced compared to the GN7, it would be selling for at least $250 less than the GN7.

My 64gb 6s plus was $100more then my note 7. So not at all complaining about the cost of my note considering how much more advanced it is over my iphone. Camera alone was enough to push me away from my iphone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance