How do I disable automatic software updates, AT&T carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I can't seem to find anything that will allow me to turn off automatic updates. Pls chime in if you know how to disable it.

thx

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone?

thx

Settings> about device>software updates>deselect

For apps from playstore in your account scroll down to settings and select Do not auto update apps. While your are in those settings, consider turning on "while on WiFi". That will save your data package

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Settings> about device>software updates>deselect

For apps from playstore in your account scroll down to settings and select Do not auto update apps. While your are in those settings, consider turning on "while on WiFi". That will save your data package

My phone doesn't have this Settings option. But thx Kelly, Pkg Disabler Pro is great!

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
If you have anything from the Galaxy app store you can disable automatic updates there, too, though I forget how, and won't have my replacement till tomorrow to check it out.

cynth.hgn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
If you mean in regards to the update involving the recall, the affected N7s won't allow you to avoid the update and will do it automatically.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I. Agree with the top poster. The update in regards to the recall will be pushed through automatically whether you want it or not. Besides you shouldn't be holding onto the defective device. Replace it while you can. And if you have the update will help others differentiate between the replaced device from the old one so that you will be able to travel if need be seeing that the airports have banned anyone from using the note 7 on planes. Either way the update will be going through. It did on my sisters Note the day I exchanged it and it did it on its own. It's for safety precautions.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
The problem with forced overnight updates is that, in order to be able to count on your phone as an alarm clock, you have to disable the PIN on startup feature, which I think is an excellent security add-on. The other night I overslept because AT&T pushed the update and my phone was down until I entered my PIN. So, to avoid that again, I have to disable that feature. What update could be so critical as to have to push it in the middle of the night, or that couldn't wait until I say, OK, do it.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
The problem with forced overnight updates is that, in order to be able to count on your phone as an alarm clock, you have to disable the PIN on startup feature, which I think is an excellent security add-on. The other night I overslept because AT&T pushed the update and my phone was down until I entered my PIN. So, to avoid that again, I have to disable that feature. What update could be so critical as to have to push it in the middle of the night, or that couldn't wait until I say, OK, do it.

When it comes to determining a note 7 that could potentially explode in your face from use from a safe one is definitely a critical update, imo

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes, if you have a "fixed" Note 7, you will want this update, and it is in your best interest to let it install, at your convenience. Was it doing anything to the fiery Note 7's too (limit battery to 60%)? In that case it probably is critical.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, if you have a "fixed" Note 7, you will want this update, and it is in your best interest to let it install, at your convenience. Was it doing anything to the fiery Note 7's too (limit battery to 60%)? In that case it probably is critical.

Exactly. This is crucial because it will let others know whether or not you have a safe phone.

rjdipietro

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I've overslept a couple of times because of this. I've installed Package Disabler Pro. Any idea exactly what I should be disabling?

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. I've overslept a couple of times because of this. I've installed Package Disabler Pro. Any idea exactly what I should be disabling?
If your trying to disable auto update to apps, go to Play store click on each app installed, then in top right corner, click on three dogs. Then click auto update off. You have to go to each app installed.
Hope this is what your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.