Hi,

I can't seem to find anything that will allow me to turn off automatic updates. Pls chime in if you know how to disable it.

thx
    08-31-2016 01:29 PM
    Doubt you will be able to do that without using Package Disabler Pro.

Why do you want to disable that?
    08-31-2016 01:32 PM
    Anyone?

thx
    09-01-2016 12:05 AM
    Anyone?

thx
    Package Disabler Pro as I said.
    09-01-2016 12:24 AM
    Anyone?

thx
    Settings> about device>software updates>deselect

For apps from playstore in your account scroll down to settings and select Do not auto update apps. While your are in those settings, consider turning on "while on WiFi". That will save your data package
    09-01-2016 01:15 AM
    Settings> about device>software updates>deselect

For apps from playstore in your account scroll down to settings and select Do not auto update apps. While your are in those settings, consider turning on "while on WiFi". That will save your data package
    My phone doesn't have this Settings option. But thx Kelly, Pkg Disabler Pro is great!
    09-21-2016 10:23 AM
    If you have anything from the Galaxy app store you can disable automatic updates there, too, though I forget how, and won't have my replacement till tomorrow to check it out.
    w7sg likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:58 PM
    If you mean in regards to the update involving the recall, the affected N7s won't allow you to avoid the update and will do it automatically.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-21-2016 04:33 PM
    I. Agree with the top poster. The update in regards to the recall will be pushed through automatically whether you want it or not. Besides you shouldn't be holding onto the defective device. Replace it while you can. And if you have the update will help others differentiate between the replaced device from the old one so that you will be able to travel if need be seeing that the airports have banned anyone from using the note 7 on planes. Either way the update will be going through. It did on my sisters Note the day I exchanged it and it did it on its own. It's for safety precautions.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-22-2016 07:30 AM
    The problem with forced overnight updates is that, in order to be able to count on your phone as an alarm clock, you have to disable the PIN on startup feature, which I think is an excellent security add-on. The other night I overslept because AT&T pushed the update and my phone was down until I entered my PIN. So, to avoid that again, I have to disable that feature. What update could be so critical as to have to push it in the middle of the night, or that couldn't wait until I say, OK, do it.
    09-22-2016 08:51 AM
    The problem with forced overnight updates is that, in order to be able to count on your phone as an alarm clock, you have to disable the PIN on startup feature, which I think is an excellent security add-on. The other night I overslept because AT&T pushed the update and my phone was down until I entered my PIN. So, to avoid that again, I have to disable that feature. What update could be so critical as to have to push it in the middle of the night, or that couldn't wait until I say, OK, do it.
    When it comes to determining a note 7 that could potentially explode in your face from use from a safe one is definitely a critical update, imo
    pcsperson and Jona005 like this.
    09-22-2016 06:45 PM
    Yes, if you have a "fixed" Note 7, you will want this update, and it is in your best interest to let it install, at your convenience. Was it doing anything to the fiery Note 7's too (limit battery to 60%)? In that case it probably is critical.
    09-23-2016 06:53 AM
    Yes, if you have a "fixed" Note 7, you will want this update, and it is in your best interest to let it install, at your convenience. Was it doing anything to the fiery Note 7's too (limit battery to 60%)? In that case it probably is critical.
    Exactly. This is crucial because it will let others know whether or not you have a safe phone.
    09-23-2016 07:40 AM
    I am seeing various apps with the "Package Disabler Pro for..."

Which one should I be downloading?
    09-24-2016 11:44 AM
    I have the exact same problem. I've overslept a couple of times because of this. I've installed Package Disabler Pro. Any idea exactly what I should be disabling?
    12-18-2016 06:45 AM
    I have the exact same problem. I've overslept a couple of times because of this. I've installed Package Disabler Pro. Any idea exactly what I should be disabling?
    If your trying to disable auto update to apps, go to Play store click on each app installed, then in top right corner, click on three dogs. Then click auto update off. You have to go to each app installed.
    Hope this is what your looking for.
    12-18-2016 07:50 AM