Note 7 cable charger

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone bought any of the type c chargers from Amazon?

If so

Any issues with the cheaper ones?
Or should I spend the few extra bucks and get one from best buy or Verizon?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't buy cheap USB-C cables as this can be an issue.

Are you looking for a C to C cable or A to C?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 6ft micro usb and just put the adapter that came with the phone it. Havent had an issue paid $5 for the cable. At one of my favorite novelty stores called 5 below. Didnt feel right spending $17 on a usb c. Which seem hard to find at local stores.
still using the fast charging block that came with the phone.

The cord that came with the note 7 is just toooooo darn short. Using it in my car.

Last edited:

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I got a pair of cheap cables from Amazon for $8, I think I'll spend the extra money next time as they are really low quality, imo.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I found an oem wall charger for the Note 7 on Amazon for $20.00. It's hit or miss whether it's a legit item, but I got lucky I guess.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought these from Amazon. They have worked well, and are the most premium feeling cords I have ever owned. They were also tested and reviewed by Benson Leung from Google. I recommend them based on my experience to date.

If you search his name in the forums you will see the contribution he has made.

SmartSelectImage_2016-08-31-18-35-03.png

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I would not buy a cheap cable for this phone. That doesn't mean you have to pay and arm and a leg.

Anker and Aukey on Amazon have good prices and those should be good. Anker did have a C cable that was a problem and they have recalled it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Looking for a to c.. I came from the note 3 so that charger doesn't work an need one more extra cable. Have a Wireless for the house but need a travel one
Ensure to look for a review by Benson for A to C cables. If he approved them then it is safe to buy. Example below of an Anker A to C cable where he gave it a 5.

1472687350473.jpg

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I bought some A to C ones from Best Buy the day I got the phone. One was a Belkin(6 ft.), the other two were the Best Buy brand (10 ft.). Yeah, probably a little more expensive, but no issues. I didn't feel like trying not to lose the adapter or buying multiple adapters. I'm not doing any data transfer at all & I'm not using anything other than Samsung plugs (except for in the car, it's the Best Buy brand quick charge one). So far, so good....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech