Static using headphone to aux

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else get a bunch of static using the headphone jack to connect to the aux port in their car? My note 4 didn't do it (same cord, same deck) my LG g2 didn't do it, the wife's LG g5 gives no static, but this note 7 puts off a lot. It minimizes when I go into audio settings and Check the "high quality"tab, but is still audible, especially when I move the phone...

I get no static whatsoever through the headphones that came with the phone, and even went and bought another aux cord today, with the same result....

It's not a deal breaker, but a nuisance to say the least...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's not the phone. It's more likely the aux cord. I've had that with various phones and when I wiggled the cord it would adjust, also sometimes tha ratio of car volume vs phone volume can increase or lower the static interference.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
That was my initial suspicion. However... I bought a brand new cable, and same thing. It also makes no difference what volume my phone is at, the static stays the same. Wiggling the cord does make the static "fluctuate" but dossent fix it.

Whats even more odd is that there is no static with the og headphones, or any of my other devices using the same cords...

Bmagickal

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
It's the phone. I bought the rockrok Bluetooth receiver from Amazon. It fixed the issue. The aux cord worked fine with my Note 3, and my daughter's iPhone.

Anyone else get a bunch of static using the headphone jack to connect to the aux port in their car? My note 4 didn't do it (same cord, same deck) my LG g2 didn't do it, the wife's LG g5 gives no static, but this note 7 puts off a lot. It minimizes when I go into audio settings and Check the "high quality"tab, but is still audible, especially when I move the phone...

I get no static whatsoever through the headphones that came with the phone, and even went and bought another aux cord today, with the same result....

It's not a deal breaker, but a nuisance to say the least...

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
My beats tour headphones had static on the Note 7 but not my solos. Both headphones work fine in my Active though. Never could figure out why.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty bad in my car....

I would def blame it on the car/cord, if my other devices had the same issue.. but it's only this n7 that does it.... my n4, my LG g2, my droid maxx, and the wife's LG g5 work fine...

Even more odd is that the headphones that came with the n7 work fine.....

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I went and bought a brand new cable....
Same thing...

It's not as noticeable in my truck, but it's a much larger vehicle (Toyota Camry is problem vehicle, Toyota Land cruiser is my truck) and I'm usually in my car with with Windows up, a/c on, and in my truck with windows/moonroof open, so hard to compare there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol