Gas pump corrupted my Samsung Pay

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Last night I tried using Samsung Pay at the gas pump. I tried a couple of times and it didn't work. Well this evening I noticed that my Samsung Pay app was corrupted. My membership cards would not load and my credit cards were no longer in the app, including the$20 Samsung visa debit card.

I am guessing the action at the gas pump caused the problem and thankfully I saved the email from Samsung regarding the visa card and I will have to call Samsung tomorrow to get my $20 back.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Last night I tried using Samsung Pay at the gas pump. I tried a couple of times and it didn't work. Well this evening I noticed that my Samsung Pay app was corrupted. My membership cards would not load and my credit cards were no longer in the app, including the$20 Samsung visa debit card.

I am guessing the action at the gas pump caused the problem and thankfully I saved the email from Samsung regarding the visa card and I will have to call Samsung tomorrow to get my $20 back.
Woah, this is a first... I have never heard of this kind of a problem! Let us know what they have to say "J"?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Unless you have some new fangled pumps in your area that don't require you to insert your card, it's been mentioned in the FAQ'S that Samsung Pay will not work at the pump and you have to go inside.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Attachments

• 322.jpg
    322.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 149

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I won't be trying at the gas pump again or an ATM, lol.

I was traveling all day yesterday and just now shaking of the dust. Will be calling Samsung today. I am guessing they will replace the $20 gift. I will let you know.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd write this off as more a coincidence than the gas pump corrupting. The phone is only accepting a few precise items back from the credit card company to complete the transaction. I'd like to think that LoopPay/Samsung software folks have software capable of discarding anything outside that specific data set.

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I won't be trying at the gas pump again or an ATM, lol.

I was traveling all day yesterday and just now shaking of the dust. Will be calling Samsung today. I am guessing they will replace the $20 gift. I will let you know.

Yes they will but it will take awhile I'm still waiting and i called them last Friday.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So Samsung is going to refill the card. They said it could take up to 72 hours. Made sure I got a confirmation number.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI, the same thing happened to me maybe a month ago with my S7, but it was at a grocery store. My Samsung Pay started acting nuts, force closing, etc.

So being the tech savvy moron I am, I proceeded to clear app cache, uninstall/reinstall, even factory reset the phone, nothing worked. Frustration mounting, called Samsung(who was helpful and polite) and they created a ticket, blah blah, but because the Samsung Pay department only works Mon-Friday normal business hours I had to wait until Monday.

Turns out some back end server was down for samsung pay and no one knew, they fixed it that Monday when the team looked.

TLDR: Samsung Pay is still new, maybe the server was down at that time so I'd wait 24 hours before doing anything crazy like resetting the phone.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI, the same thing happened to me maybe a month ago with my S7, but it was at a grocery store. My Samsung Pay started acting nuts, force closing, etc.

So being the tech savvy moron I am, I proceeded to clear app cache, uninstall/reinstall, even factory reset the phone, nothing worked. Frustration mounting, called Samsung(who was helpful and polite) and they created a ticket, blah blah, but because the Samsung Pay department only works Mon-Friday normal business hours I had to wait until Monday.

Turns out some back end server was down for samsung pay and no one knew, they fixed it that Monday when the team looked.

TLDR: Samsung Pay is still new, maybe the server was down at that time so I'd wait 24 hours before doing anything crazy like resetting the phone.

I did have to uninstall and reinstall Samsung Pay and Mr cards are back in the app. Going to try it tomorrow or later this evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan