have you gone and replaced your phones yet via insurance or protection plan?

are you getting any trouble when trying to switch ?

I have a small crack on the edge of my screen when it barely tapped the corner of my desk when I was getting it out of my pocket the other day and im upset it cracked so easy. thinking of filing a claim on it or possibly hold off on it till I have bad damage to where its beyond use to make it worthwhile? idk what to do
    08-31-2016 11:52 PM
    08-31-2016 11:54 PM
    Dang, anything that hits these edges is bad it seems like.
    09-01-2016 12:59 AM
    I had the same issue, mine fell out of my pocket getting on my motorcycle and that was it and the messed up thing was my pre-order S View case came in the mail later that day.. not sure if it was bad luck but my note 3 took many drops over the years and It never cracked and my other phones never did either but I guess it was just my luck...... I had the insurance through Sprint So after sending an email with my Id, a Signed form saying I wasn't frauding them, I paid Asurion 250.00 dollars for a new one. I got the new phone today and I put my Samsung S View case cover on it but I'm thinking I may get a Otterbox to be safe since i'm not sure if the S-View case will be enough. One good thing was I got to keep all the accessories for the both phones ..
    Attached Thumbnails For those with cracked screens and damages...-20160901_040137.jpg  
    09-01-2016 03:28 AM
    I have Sprint too so I guess i know how much I'll have to pay then zzz
    09-01-2016 04:52 AM
    Hey, people here say it's a glass phone, glass cracks, what do you expect when you buy a glass phone. A premium $900 phone doesn't mean it's indestructible. Cannot recommend using a case enough
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-01-2016 05:22 AM
    My wife dropped her phone day 2 with a ringke slim case on. The case is not meant to protect from drops much so I cant blame the case. However, I signed up for Samsung Protection Plus online and paid $129 for 2 year coverage. If and when I decide to replace her phone it will cost $99. If you have time to sign up for it I highly recommend it. My carrier t-Mobile was charging $12 monthly with a $175 deductible. We are not replacing the phone just yet. Letring it get some more abuse before replacing.
    maiksu and Carlo Villa like this.
    09-01-2016 06:00 AM
    Mine developed a crack in the upper right corner for no apparent reason. No drops or impact.

Anyways, with a little convincing my carrier came through and sent me a new phone.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-01-2016 06:26 AM
    ya i agree its a glass phone and should be handled with care or in a case but with that being said the note 5 was made of glass too and it took more falls among other people and still managed to survive.

it could be the edge design to where its a weak spot in the glass or something else. **** happens oh well maybe with this recall stuff going on ill get a free replacement ill just play the waiting game.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 02:43 PM
    ya i agree its a glass phone and should be handled with care or in a case but with that being said the note 5 was made of glass too and it took more falls among other people and still managed to survive.

it could be the edge design to where its a weak spot in the glass or something else. **** happens oh well maybe with this recall stuff going on ill get a free replacement ill just play the waiting game.
    The Note 5 doesn't have an exposed screen.
    09-01-2016 02:48 PM
    Hey, people here say it's a glass phone, glass cracks, what do you expect when you buy a glass phone. A premium $900 phone doesn't mean it's indestructible. Cannot recommend using a case enough
    This is the sort of dumb response that gets me every time someone on the forum replies to a screen cracked thread. Yes, we know its a $900 phone, we paid for it. Yes, we know its glass, that's pretty well advertised.

That doesn't mean phones should be so brittle, especially when they are advertised as tough with gorilla glass branding. They should hold up to small everyday dings and drops. Tapping it against a table and having the glass crack is really silly, Samsung should really wake up and address this for their next S8 / Note 8 builds.
    09-01-2016 02:54 PM
    My wife dropped her phone day 2 with a ringke slim case on. The case is not meant to protect from drops much so I cant blame the case. However, I signed up for Samsung Protection Plus online and paid $129 for 2 year coverage. If and when I decide to replace her phone it will cost $99. If you have time to sign up for it I highly recommend it. My carrier t-Mobile was charging $12 monthly with a $175 deductible. We are not replacing the phone just yet. Letring it get some more abuse before replacing.
    This will sounded off; doing a little mental math $129 + 99 = $228 > $175.

The $12/month is still being paid regardless (unless you paid off the phone).

Would be worth it if I can cancel out the $12 per month though.
    09-01-2016 03:21 PM
    Actually paying for a screen at Samsung is likely to be $200 or less. Call a Samsung service center, they will tell you the cost.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-01-2016 03:24 PM
    have you gone and replaced your phones yet via insurance or protection plan?

are you getting any trouble when trying to switch ?

I have a small crack on the edge of my screen when it barely tapped the corner of my desk when I was getting it out of my pocket the other day and im upset it cracked so easy. thinking of filing a claim on it or possibly hold off on it till I have bad damage to where its beyond use to make it worthwhile? idk what to do
    What's your deductible? If it's high like mine $250.00, I'd wait for worse damage. That will spread eventually, I think.
    09-01-2016 03:28 PM
    This will sounded off; doing a little mental math $129 + 99 = $228 > $175.

The $12/month is still being paid regardless (unless you paid off the phone).

Would be worth it if I can cancel out the $12 per month though.
    That's the catch. You can cancel t-mobile monthly but won't be allowed to put coverage back on the device. With Samsung I can replace the device up to twice in a 12 month time period every year. Ends up being less in the long run:

$12mth carrier fee × 12 months =$144 + $175 deductible =$319.
    $129 + $99 deductible = $228
    09-01-2016 03:29 PM
    That's not small...you could cut yourself, just go thru the process and get a new phone, a screen protector and a sturdy case. Good luck man
    09-01-2016 03:33 PM
    I know it's too late to get it for those of you whom damaged your phones... but look into the worth insurance. That is what I went with... simply because it's a 50.00 deductible AND it covers theft... all for the same price as square trade...

https://www.worthavegroup.com
    09-01-2016 03:35 PM
    This is the sort of dumb response that gets me every time someone on the forum replies to a screen cracked thread. Yes, we know its a $900 phone, we paid for it. Yes, we know its glass, that's pretty well advertised.

That doesn't mean phones should be so brittle, especially when they are advertised as tough with gorilla glass branding. They should hold up to small everyday dings and drops. Tapping it against a table and having the glass crack is really silly, Samsung should really wake up and address this for their next S8 / Note 8 builds.
    Yeah they should. Sucks for people that have cracked phones.

I personally never got the excitement for glass phones. If this phone was made of plastic, I'd still buy it.

With that being said though, use a case people, accidents happen and this phone is way too slippery to use without one.
    09-01-2016 03:35 PM
    That's the catch. You can cancel t-mobile monthly but won't be allowed to put coverage back on the device. With Samsung I can replace the device up to twice in a 12 month time period every year. Ends up being less in the long run:

$12mth carrier fee × 12 months =$144 + $175 deductible =$319.
    $129 + $99 deductible = $228
    Yes, I've never personally dropped a phone yet.

I get carrier coverage for at most 6 months to ensure I'm acclimated to handling the phone. Really just do what you think is best for you. I usually only get coverage for that period where damage well bother me. I probably won't care in 6 months.
    09-01-2016 03:40 PM
    $250 if you believe this review...

Actually paying for a screen at Samsung is likely to be $200 or less. Call a Samsung service center, they will tell you the cost.
    09-01-2016 03:42 PM

This is what we were told beforehand, it's almost laughable when you compare it to reality.

Most likely the curved display takes almost all the blame. We'll have to wait for other devices before we can conclusively blame Samsung though.
    09-01-2016 03:42 PM
    I know it's too late to get it for those of you whom damaged your phones... but look into the worth insurance. That is what I went with... simply because it's a 50.00 deductible AND it covers theft... all for the same price as square trade...

https://www.worthavegroup.com
    Looks pretty good. Any previous experience with them?

Anyone else used them?
    09-01-2016 04:06 PM
    Just called Worth Ave. Group for clarification. This is a loss/damage policy only. No internals covered. I'm going to check out Sammy's insurance. It's a higher deductible and a slightly higher price, but everything is covered.

ETA - I was wrong no loss coverage, etc. per here.

http://www.samsung.com/us/common/protectionplusterms.html
    09-01-2016 04:15 PM
    Just called Worth Ave. Group for clarification. This is a loss/damage policy only. No internals covered. I'm going to check out Sammy's insurance. It's a higher deductible and a slightly higher price, but everything is covered.
    Didn't think much of that, because of the year warranty. Every time anything on the internals went bad on my phone, was because of a drop etc.. so didn't need it.

https://www.worthavegroup.com/produc...t_tabs_compare
    sweeperdk likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:28 PM