09-02-2016 06:27 PM
77 1234
tools
    We've all seen page 228. Again, where is the official explanation from Samsung regarding the light bleed? Because that isn't it.

This is a defect. 100%
    09-01-2016 10:37 AM
    We've all seen page 228. Again, where is the official explanation from Samsung regarding the light bleed? Because that isn't it.

This is defect. 100%
    They said there will be a gap -- So I guess I am missing how it is a defect? A gap would technically allow light. How would there be a gap but no light or anything coming through it? That doesn't even make sense.
    skatergirl and dstrauss like this.
    09-01-2016 10:40 AM
    They said there will be a gap -- So I guess I am missing how it is a defect? A gap would technically allow light. How would there be a gap but no light or anything coming through it? That doesn't even make sense.
    Page 228 does not in any way shape or form explain this issue. Where does it say light should bleed from this gap?
    09-01-2016 10:43 AM
    Page 228 does not in any way shape or form explain this issue. Where does it say light should bleed from this gap?
    Where does it say it should not bleed? If it bothers you, it bothers you. It is almost never visible and doesn't bother me. The gap is supposed to be there apparently. If it is that much of a problem then I am not sure what to tell you. Try a different phone?
    09-01-2016 10:49 AM
    A gap by design and an edge screen.. How could it not bleed?
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-01-2016 10:51 AM
    Mine seems to have this gap to... Didn't do the light test but where my gap is it seems to collect dust and what not
    09-01-2016 04:36 PM

This is a defect. 100%
    If there is a GAP(which Samsung acknowledged) around the screen of the phone, light would "bleed" through.

So if you have a GAP in your door frame of your house, would light not pass through from the other room? It would not be a GAP if it was blocked!

Maybe this will help.

GAP:

noun
    1. a break or hole in an object or between two objects.
    "he came through the gap in the hedge" Not sure how he would get through a gap by your definition...
    synonyms: opening, aperture, space, breach, chink, slit, slot, vent, crack, crevice, cranny, cavity, hole, orifice, interstice, perforation, break, fracture, rift, rent, fissure, cleft, divide
    "a gap in the shutters"
    2. an unfilled space or interval; a break in continuity.
    "there are many gaps in our understanding of what happened"
    synonyms: pause, intermission, interval, interlude, break, breathing space, breather, respite, hiatus, recess More
    09-01-2016 05:13 PM
    Maybe it is better if there is a gap. So, if you do not have a gap I would definitely return it.
    09-01-2016 05:20 PM
    I am guessing that a gap is acceptable, which is why it is in the manual. I wouldn't worry much
    09-01-2016 07:13 PM
    I am guessing that a gap is acceptable, which is why it is in the manual. I wouldn't worry much
    I guess it's in the manual to cover poor workmanship, just like clothes that come with tags telling you that the flaws & defects that you are seeing are intentional to make every article "unique" to the wearer. BS.
    09-02-2016 12:23 PM
    Just wondering in anyone here is "taking a chance". I've had ZERO issues with my note with overheating while charging, but then again i use the Samsung cable.
    09-02-2016 04:24 PM
    Not returning until my back up phone arrives. I bought one to keep for these kinds of emergencies.
    09-02-2016 04:27 PM
    Update!!!! Just got home from my local Verizon Store. I talked to the store manager. I was told to hold on to my GNote4 that I was suppose to return with my plan had it already boxed up to mail back, and my GNote7 and wait for the New batch from Verizon and Samsung!!! As Long as my phone is not getting hot when charging in which it hasn't. I am fine with that.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-02-2016 04:33 PM
    Update!!!! Just got home from my local Verizon Store. I talked to the store manager. I was told to hold on to my GNote4 that I was suppose to return with my plan had it already boxed up to mail back, and my GNote7 and wait for the New batch from Verizon and Samsung!!! As Long as my phone is not getting hot when charging in which it hasn't. I am fine with that.
    When are they receiving?
    09-02-2016 04:38 PM
    Just wondering in anyone here is "taking a chance". I've had ZERO issues with my note with overheating while charging, but then again i use the Samsung cable.
    I use a TYLT and when using fast charging I had some heat, but then I always did with my other Notes and never had an issue. That said, after I found out about the battery issue I turned off fast charge to be safe. I still deciding about swapping for a loaner with Sprint until the new one arrives.
    09-02-2016 04:39 PM
    I'm not returning mine until the replacements arrive. Mine is working flawlessly and have only seen it heat up during fast charge (which is supposed to be normal).
    Carlo Villa and skatergirl like this.
    09-02-2016 04:42 PM
    Mine doesn't heat up at all. I'll wait until I can swap it in store.
    09-02-2016 04:51 PM
    I won't be returning the phone ever. Gonna roll the dice on this one. And It's my understanding that the exploding devices were due to people using after market cables.

Also 35 cases world wide of exploding devices? Lets say each carrier shipped 10k devices for the WORLD. Sprint, AT&T, TMobile, Verizon and Telus. That's 50k devices, 35 exploded and none were in the US?

If my math is correct- 35÷50,000=.0007*100= .07%
    That tells me I have a better chance of leaving my apartment, walking across the street and getting hit by a cement truck or contracting salmonella from one of my favorite restaurants before this phone will explode.
    09-02-2016 04:58 PM
    When are they receiving?
    They was told 2 weeks!!! They will learn more in a few days.
    09-02-2016 04:59 PM
    I won't be returning the phone ever. Gonna roll the dice on this one. And It's my understanding that the exploding devices were due to people using after market cables.

Also 35 cases world wide of exploding devices? Lets say each carrier shipped 10k devices for the WORLD. Sprint, AT&T, TMobile, Verizon and Telus. That's 50k devices, 35 exploded and none were in the US?

That tells me I have a better chance of leaving my apartment, walking across the street and getting hit by a cement truck or contracting salmonella from one of my favorite restaurants before this phone will explode.
    I assume you never plan to sell the phone? If you ever sell it, the resale value will be significantly reduced.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:01 PM

Flawed logic won't alleviate the risk or fix your battery.

Seriously people. This is risking personal safety and property damage. Do the recall.
    09-02-2016 05:04 PM
    I'll hold on until new batches arrive etc, etc, etc 🐵
    09-02-2016 05:07 PM
    I'm keeping mine. I am also using the Samsung cable to charge. I did turn off the fast charge mode. T-mobile said they will replace mine with a new one when they arrive.
    09-02-2016 05:08 PM
    They was told 2 weeks!!! They will learn more in a few days.
    That is what Tmobile told me. I'm holding onto mine and then swapping it out for a new Note 7. I ordered mine in store, but since it was an order from Tmobile I have to go through corporate. they said they would send me a new phone first and I then send old one back. I "might" look to exchange it for a V20 as the specs look really beefy, but with the G5 problems and being a big flop I'd hate to go to the V20 and have issues with that and end up with a device that is a failure when I could get a brand new note which overall the Note is a much better device most likely.
    Preach2k likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:13 PM
    Flawed logic won't alleviate the risk or fix your battery.

Seriously people. This is risking personal safety and property damage. Do the recall.
    I agree. No reason not to do the recall, since it's free and they are giving you a brand new phone
    Kelly Kearns and James E1 like this.
    09-02-2016 05:18 PM
77 1234