Note 7 - The screen gap is mentioned in the manual (supposed to be there)

canonuevo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone not returning their Note7?

I'm not returning mine until the replacements arrive. Mine is working flawlessly and have only seen it heat up during fast charge (which is supposed to be normal).

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I won't be returning the phone ever. Gonna roll the dice on this one. And It's my understanding that the exploding devices were due to people using after market cables.

Also 35 cases world wide of exploding devices? Lets say each carrier shipped 10k devices for the WORLD. Sprint, AT&T, TMobile, Verizon and Telus. That's 50k devices, 35 exploded and none were in the US?

If my math is correct- 35÷50,000=.0007*100= .07%
That tells me I have a better chance of leaving my apartment, walking across the street and getting hit by a cement truck or contracting salmonella from one of my favorite restaurants before this phone will explode.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I won't be returning the phone ever. Gonna roll the dice on this one. And It's my understanding that the exploding devices were due to people using after market cables.

Also 35 cases world wide of exploding devices? Lets say each carrier shipped 10k devices for the WORLD. Sprint, AT&T, TMobile, Verizon and Telus. That's 50k devices, 35 exploded and none were in the US?

That tells me I have a better chance of leaving my apartment, walking across the street and getting hit by a cement truck or contracting salmonella from one of my favorite restaurants before this phone will explode.
I assume you never plan to sell the phone? If you ever sell it, the resale value will be significantly reduced.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Flawed logic won't alleviate the risk or fix your battery.

Seriously people. This is risking personal safety and property damage. Do the recall.

angelh0809

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm keeping mine. I am also using the Samsung cable to charge. I did turn off the fast charge mode. T-mobile said they will replace mine with a new one when they arrive.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

They was told 2 weeks!!! They will learn more in a few days.

That is what Tmobile told me. I'm holding onto mine and then swapping it out for a new Note 7. I ordered mine in store, but since it was an order from Tmobile I have to go through corporate. they said they would send me a new phone first and I then send old one back. I "might" look to exchange it for a V20 as the specs look really beefy, but with the G5 problems and being a big flop I'd hate to go to the V20 and have issues with that and end up with a device that is a failure when I could get a brand new note which overall the Note is a much better device most likely.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Flawed logic won't alleviate the risk or fix your battery.

Seriously people. This is risking personal safety and property damage. Do the recall.
I agree. No reason not to do the recall, since it's free and they are giving you a brand new phone

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

I'll keep mine at the very least until replacements become available in store. I'm not waiting for them to send me anything or going through a complicated return process with Verizon. When I can walk into a corporate store and walk out with a new Note 7 then I will consider it. The only time mine has gotten hot at all was when it downloaded the first security update the day I got it. Since then it has performed like an absolute champ.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

That is what Tmobile told me. I'm holding onto mine and then swapping it out for a new Note 7. I ordered mine in store, but since it was an order from Tmobile I have to go through corporate. they said they would send me a new phone first and I then send old one back. I "might" look to exchange it for a V20 as the specs look really beefy, but with the G5 problems and being a big flop I'd hate to go to the V20 and have issues with that and end up with a device that is a failure when I could get a brand new note which overall the Note is a much better device most likely.
Same here. This is what they said that they will hear in a few days or so about How Verizon going to send out the new phones. I am guessing the same way like I got my preorder in a box and return the old.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

In mfg terms, that's 700 PPM which is extremely high for an issue that concerns safety

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site

Plus, at least with Sprint- Samsung is offering a $25 gift card if you stay in the samsung family and don't opt for a complete return/exchange for another type of phone.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I really like your thinking. I know we are sort of in the minority but I just don't like relying on voodoo logic. Samsung is covering its butt allowing everyone to send back a phone. Right now many are in a panic. I am not one of those people and I have until Sept. 30 to see if this phone is going to be a disaster or if I am forced to swap out or lose my warranty. I can wait to see what unfolds.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'll keep mine at the very least until replacements become available in store. I'm not waiting for them to send me anything or going through a complicated return process with Verizon. When I can walk into a corporate store and walk out with a new Note 7 then I will consider it. The only time mine has gotten hot at all was when it downloaded the first security update the day I got it. Since then it has performed like an absolute champ.
Yeah that's probably what the people that had the issue thought too. "Why did it catch on fire? It has never done that before."

avalvo

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
How long can u wait to make a swap. My phone is working just fine. Really no heat, even in Fast Charge. It was made in Korea. I'll hold out as long as I can. Get some good use out of the phone and then make the swap, if there is no time limit.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Samsung is saying at least 1 million phones are at risk, that is a conservative number.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How long can u wait to make a swap. My phone is working just fine. Really no heat, even in Fast Charge. It was made in Korea. I'll hold out as long as I can. Get some good use out of the phone and then make the swap, if there is no time limit.
Why risk it? Samsung wouldn't do this recall without being very serious about the danger.

The battery cells were made in China, Samsung is saying at least 1 million devices are at risk now, minimum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer