09-03-2016 01:59 PM
37 12
tools
    I think they are doing the right thing and see being very honorable about this. It must be a very difficult situation. I must say I'm impressed with the way it's being handled. I think now I'll stay and not cancel.
    Attached Thumbnails Wow. Samsung delays and offering free gifts-screenshot_20160901-224738.jpg  
    cert15z likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:31 AM
    Can you re-upload the image? It uploaded but it's not legible at all
    09-01-2016 11:36 AM
    Yeah same... Can't see it
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:41 AM
    Eeps!
    Your screenshot is very blurry. Try re-uploading it in max. resolution!
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:46 AM
    09-01-2016 12:47 PM
    Yes Thanks for sharing
    09-01-2016 12:54 PM
    It's nice that they are offering something!
    09-01-2016 12:57 PM
    I think they have been honest and trying as best to solve the problem. I'm impressed and will stay with my order.
    toenail_flicker, theshaz and Weils like this.
    09-01-2016 01:05 PM
    Thanks
    09-01-2016 01:34 PM
    I am on my phone and can't get any of the links. Can someone give me the gist of the letter. Thanks.
    09-01-2016 01:40 PM
    I am on my phone and can't get any of the links. Can someone give me the gist of the letter. Thanks.
    Basically an apology for them having to stop pre-orders, and they offer to either cancel yours and refund it, or keep it with an added bonus of a bigger discount (apparently there was a discount being offered before), a better charging pack (wireless charger, premium stuff), and to keep their current offer of battery pack.
    09-01-2016 03:26 PM
    IMO, in general Sammy is a good company with good products. I am particularly loyal to them because I bought one of their video tape players in 1992, just before Hurricane Andrew. When the 'cane hit it took down my crappy apt. and the remote was lost in the pile of debris because I forgot to pack it before I evac'ed to my friend's house. I couldn't afford to replace it at the time and you could only control certain functions with the remote. I called them and they sent me a free remote. We're talking a lot of years of loyalty out of one cheap freebie. They're usually pretty great about things like this and that.
    09-01-2016 03:44 PM
    I have a vcr/DVD player recorder that I have had since 2003 that still works like a charm. When I bought my daughter the S6 edge + for Xmas, the gift was a Samsung 32" LED TV. I can't complain about that! I just bought a Sammy washer, I'll stick with a company that treats its customers right. I have no complaints with Samsung.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:34 PM
    If they do a recall for US customers, I hope they offer a free VR. I wouldn't be too bothered by a recall, but it would be a nice touch.
    09-01-2016 04:36 PM
    IMO, in general Sammy is a good company with good products. I am particularly loyal to them because I bought one of their video tape players in 1992, just before Hurricane Andrew. When the 'cane hit it took down my crappy apt. and the remote was lost in the pile of debris because I forgot to pack it before I evac'ed to my friend's house. I couldn't afford to replace it at the time and you could only control certain functions with the remote. I called them and they sent me a free remote. We're talking a lot of years of loyalty out of one cheap freebie. They're usually pretty great about things like this and that.
    Great story! Thanks for sharing.
    cinnamin and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-01-2016 04:37 PM
    Great story! Thanks for sharing.
    I felt it was important to share. I zero affiliation with them personally other than making a point to buy their products. I have tvs, tablets, & cell phones and have had zero issues with them.

In the interest of fair disclosure, I did buy a dishwasher by them from Home Depot and it died two months out of warranty. I should have bought the extended warranty, so my fault there. Fairly certain it was the way it was installed or the well water that killed it. The installer really sucked.
    09-01-2016 04:51 PM
    I have a vcr/DVD player recorder that I have had since 2003 that still works like a charm. When I bought my daughter the S6 edge + for Xmas, the gift was a Samsung 32" LED TV. I can't complain about that! I just bought a Sammy washer, I'll stick with a company that treats its customers right. I have no complaints with Samsung.
    Get the extended warranty on the DW - only product that has ever died on me. I donated the VCR in 2010. It was still working great at the time. I got rid of it only because I had purchased another one that was dual like yours.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:53 PM
    If they do a recall for US customers, I hope they offer a free VR. I wouldn't be too bothered by a recall, but it would be a nice touch.
    That would be nice. I still have the VR from the S7 Edge pre-order only to (dumbly) realize now it's useless because of the USB-C port.
    09-01-2016 05:53 PM
    Basically an apology for them having to stop pre-orders, and they offer to either cancel yours and refund it, or keep it with an added bonus of a bigger discount (apparently there was a discount being offered before), a better charging pack (wireless charger, premium stuff), and to keep their current offer of battery pack.
    Thank you
    09-01-2016 08:33 PM
    Magnify just came in real handy while looking at that letter! Man I hope they don't recall. Idk how long I can go without my Note.

Nice of them to try and take the sting out of the delay.
    09-01-2016 09:05 PM
    Thanks for the copy of the letter. I pre ordered mine in Thailand so i will take the letter to my supplier and try to get the extra freebies. Maybe worth it for the wait. The delays seem excessive though with only 2 problems out of millions of phones.
    09-01-2016 10:37 PM
    I'm sorry if I'm barging in but I really can't seem to find out what I'm supposed to do here. I'm trying for the Win a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 thing and am supposed to join the forum. So basically hello everyone
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:20 AM
    Yes, I agree Samsung is acting in a very nice way here. Not all companies are like that (actually, in my experience, most are unlike that).
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:22 AM
    Magnify just came in real handy while looking at that letter! Man I hope they don't recall. Idk how long I can go without my Note.

Nice of them to try and take the sting out of the delay.
    They just did. Global recall.
    09-02-2016 10:48 AM
    I'm sorry if I'm barging in but I really can't seem to find out what I'm supposed to do here. I'm trying for the Win a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 thing and am supposed to join the forum. So basically hello everyone
    Welcome. And just post. That's all they want.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:53 AM
37 12