Wow. Samsung delays and offering free gifts

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think they are doing the right thing and see being very honorable about this. It must be a very difficult situation. I must say I'm impressed with the way it's being handled. I think now I'll stay and not cancel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160901-224738.jpg
    Screenshot_20160901-224738.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 563

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes Thanks for sharing
f712811589ba1ccaa0eae3c99dc37d95.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I am on my phone and can't get any of the links. Can someone give me the gist of the letter. Thanks.

Basically an apology for them having to stop pre-orders, and they offer to either cancel yours and refund it, or keep it with an added bonus of a bigger discount (apparently there was a discount being offered before), a better charging pack (wireless charger, premium stuff), and to keep their current offer of battery pack.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
IMO, in general Sammy is a good company with good products. I am particularly loyal to them because I bought one of their video tape players in 1992, just before Hurricane Andrew. When the 'cane hit it took down my crappy apt. and the remote was lost in the pile of debris because I forgot to pack it before I evac'ed to my friend's house. I couldn't afford to replace it at the time and you could only control certain functions with the remote. I called them and they sent me a free remote. We're talking a lot of years of loyalty out of one cheap freebie. They're usually pretty great about things like this and that.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a vcr/DVD player recorder that I have had since 2003 that still works like a charm. When I bought my daughter the S6 edge + for Xmas, the gift was a Samsung 32" LED TV. I can't complain about that! I just bought a Sammy washer, I'll stick with a company that treats its customers right. I have no complaints with Samsung.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
IMO, in general Sammy is a good company with good products. I am particularly loyal to them because I bought one of their video tape players in 1992, just before Hurricane Andrew. When the 'cane hit it took down my crappy apt. and the remote was lost in the pile of debris because I forgot to pack it before I evac'ed to my friend's house. I couldn't afford to replace it at the time and you could only control certain functions with the remote. I called them and they sent me a free remote. We're talking a lot of years of loyalty out of one cheap freebie. They're usually pretty great about things like this and that.

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Great story! Thanks for sharing.
I felt it was important to share. I zero affiliation with them personally other than making a point to buy their products. I have tvs, tablets, & cell phones and have had zero issues with them.

In the interest of fair disclosure, I did buy a dishwasher by them from Home Depot and it died two months out of warranty. I should have bought the extended warranty, so my fault there. Fairly certain it was the way it was installed or the well water that killed it. The installer really sucked.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a vcr/DVD player recorder that I have had since 2003 that still works like a charm. When I bought my daughter the S6 edge + for Xmas, the gift was a Samsung 32" LED TV. I can't complain about that! I just bought a Sammy washer, I'll stick with a company that treats its customers right. I have no complaints with Samsung.

Get the extended warranty on the DW - only product that has ever died on me. I donated the VCR in 2010. It was still working great at the time. I got rid of it only because I had purchased another one that was dual like yours.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Basically an apology for them having to stop pre-orders, and they offer to either cancel yours and refund it, or keep it with an added bonus of a bigger discount (apparently there was a discount being offered before), a better charging pack (wireless charger, premium stuff), and to keep their current offer of battery pack.

Thank you

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Magnify just came in real handy while looking at that letter! Man I hope they don't recall. Idk how long I can go without my Note.

Nice of them to try and take the sting out of the delay.