Samsung keyboard stopped working Note 7

Kcfelter

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
While using the secured file, I got a message saying Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard stopped working. Please help if anyone knows how to fix this. I've tried all the fixes that I've found online but nothing has worked. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It would help to know what you've tried so far, so that we don't cover the same ground.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I can't stand the stock keyboards. 1st thing I do when I get a new phone is download SwiftKey and so much better. Maybe try downloading another keyboard and making it default.

roblord243

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. Any suggestions anyone? I've cleared the cache, tried safe mode and installed a different keyboard. Unfortunately, the Knox security on the note 7 defaults to the Samsung keyboard for the secured folder

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. Any suggestions anyone? I've cleared the cache, tried safe mode and installed a different keyboard. Unfortunately, the Knox security on the note 7 defaults to the Samsung keyboard for the secured folder

There is no reason you can't install another keyboard into the secure folder.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I can't stand the stock keyboards. 1st thing I do when I get a new phone is download SwiftKey and so much better. Maybe try downloading another keyboard and making it default.

Yes, that is a great keyboard. I switch to it right away too.

Last edited:

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings
Applications
Application manager
Click the three dots in the top right corner
Click show system apps
Scroll down to samsung keyboard and then click force stop.

This "unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped" thing happened to me before. It woukd keep alerting me every 3 seconds or so. I restarts and everything you could think of before I FINALLY found the samsung keyboard app.