I Must Now Eat My Words... I Scratched My Note 7 Screen

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Not long ago I said only someone careless would scratch their Note 7 screen, I guess I must have been careless (I think I wiped the smudges off the screen too hard with the microfiber cloth). The upside is the scratches are so tiny and you would have to squint under a big light source at just the right angle to see them. My fiance was even like "You must have OCD because I cant see anything the screen looks perfect". So I have two options, leave them as they do not interfere with my user experience (I'm sure it's only the coating), or try to use something to remove them which may remove some of the coating. A screen protector or case is out of the question...Cobering up this phone would be like keeping Jessica Alba in a burka. Nobody has noticed the scratches but me, there are like 5 scratches but they are the length of 1/15th of a finger nail and completely invisible unless you look for them with the right light source at the right angle. ADVICE?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Wait 6 months, by that time you will be all out of ****s to give.

I've had minor oleophobic scratches on every single phone I've owned. You get used to it, that's just normal wear and tear.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Not long ago I said only someone careless would scratch their Note 7 screen, I guess I must have been careless (I think I wiped the smudges off the screen too hard with the microfiber cloth). The upside is the scratches are so tiny and you would have to squint under a big light source at just the right angle to see them. My fiance was even like "You must have OCD because I cant see anything the screen looks perfect". So I have two options, leave them as they do not interfere with my user experience (I'm sure it's only the coating), or try to use something to remove them which may remove some of the coating. A screen protector or case is out of the question...Cobering up this phone would be like keeping Jessica Alba in a burka. Nobody has noticed the scratches but me, there are like 5 scratches but they are the length of 1/15th of a finger nail and completely invisible unless you look for them with the right light source at the right angle. ADVICE?

Do professional jewelers have the equipment and expertise to "rub" minor scratches like this out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463