Keep Phone Unlocked at Home

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I can get to it and attempt to apply, but when I select my home address in the right spot it never takes. Any ideas? Really would like to use this feature since I work from home. All help appreciated.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I can get to it and attempt to apply, but when I select my home address in the right spot it never takes. Any ideas? Really would like to use this feature since I work from home. All help appreciated.

Wish I could could help lol. But I gave up on that feature when I was using the note 5 because I be at my home address and most of the time it didn't recognize it or whatever lol. Haven't even bothered to try it on the note 7. Sorry. I know you are looking for help instead of my blah blah blah lol.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you doing it in the settings for Smart Lock? If you are is your home address not showing up?
Yes. Doing it in Smart Lock and Home and address is showing but won't attach. I see a spinning circle that never stops and finishes the selection. When I choose Trusted places it takes the location but doesn't lock as it should when I leave.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Doing it in Smart Lock and Home and address is showing but won't attach. I see a spinning circle that never stops and finishes the selection. When I choose Trusted places it takes the location but doesn't lock as it should when I leave.

I remember mine didn't work at first either, but one day it just did. I don't remember doing anything to it. I set it up the first day I got it. Wouldn't work. a week later I opened Smart Lock back up, and clicked on the address listed. It worked after that for some reason.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I remember mine didn't work at first either, but one day it just did. I don't remember doing anything to it. I set it up the first day I got it. Wouldn't work. a week later I opened Smart Lock back up, and clicked on the address listed. It worked after that for some reason.
Hopefully that will work for me. I mainly just want it to lock automatically when I leave. Went out today and thought it would do its thing and it didn't. I was gone an hour and it didn't lock. I'll keep trying.

ETA - from previous post "Having a similar issue with Smart Stay. Icon doesn't show (eye) on top bar and it will turn itself off while I'm looking at it."

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully that will work for me. I mainly just want it to lock automatically when I leave. Went out today and thought it would do its thing and it didn't. I was gone an hour and it didn't lock. I'll keep trying.

ETA - from previous post "Having a similar issue with Smart Stay. Icon doesn't show (eye) on top bar and it will turn itself off while I'm looking at it."

With the recall, you might as well not worry about it for the moment.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
With the recall, you might as well not worry about it for the moment.
Agreed. I'm not worried at all either way. Something I'd like to implement, but if it doesn't work, meh. Smart Stay otoh I use so that's a little frustrating. That said, I just adjusted the time before the screen goes off. Works well enough atm.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. I'm not worried at all either way. Something I'd like to implement, but if it doesn't work, meh. Smart Stay otoh I use so that's a little frustrating. That said, I just adjusted the time before the screen goes off. Works well enough atm.
Maybe the replacement you get will have working Smart Lock.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Try it someplace else to see if it works at a different location.
I intend to. I live about 20 minutes from someplace else that I can try it effectively. I also have an airave that I might turn off and see if that helps anything. It sees my home address and knows it's my home address, but it just spins and spin and never stops saying it's ready.