09-05-2016 06:32 PM
34 12
tools
    I can get to it and attempt to apply, but when I select my home address in the right spot it never takes. Any ideas? Really would like to use this feature since I work from home. All help appreciated.
    09-01-2016 11:21 PM
    I can get to it and attempt to apply, but when I select my home address in the right spot it never takes. Any ideas? Really would like to use this feature since I work from home. All help appreciated.
    Wish I could could help lol. But I gave up on that feature when I was using the note 5 because I be at my home address and most of the time it didn't recognize it or whatever lol. Haven't even bothered to try it on the note 7. Sorry. I know you are looking for help instead of my blah blah blah lol.
    09-01-2016 11:35 PM
    I know you are looking for help instead of my blah blah blah lol.
    I get it. No harm, no foul. Now I can't even get back to it to try again. Too tired I guess. Long day.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:47 PM
    I get it. No harm, no foul. Now I can even get back to it to try again. Too tired I guess. Long day.
    Tell me about it. I'm surprised I ain't passed out since I had to pull a double at work. Lol. Hope you get it working.
    09-02-2016 12:05 AM
    Are you doing it in the settings for Smart Lock? If you are is your home address not showing up?
    09-02-2016 12:10 AM
    Are you doing it in the settings for Smart Lock? If you are is your home address not showing up?
    Yes. Doing it in Smart Lock and Home and address is showing but won't attach. I see a spinning circle that never stops and finishes the selection. When I choose Trusted places it takes the location but doesn't lock as it should when I leave.
    09-02-2016 12:14 AM
    Having a similar issue with Smart Stay. Icon doesn't show (eye) on top bar and it will turn itself off while I'm looking at it.
    09-02-2016 12:16 AM
    Yes. Doing it in Smart Lock and Home and address is showing but won't attach. I see a spinning circle that never stops and finishes the selection. When I choose Trusted places it takes the location but doesn't lock as it should when I leave.
    I remember mine didn't work at first either, but one day it just did. I don't remember doing anything to it. I set it up the first day I got it. Wouldn't work. a week later I opened Smart Lock back up, and clicked on the address listed. It worked after that for some reason.
    09-02-2016 12:18 AM
    I remember mine didn't work at first either, but one day it just did. I don't remember doing anything to it. I set it up the first day I got it. Wouldn't work. a week later I opened Smart Lock back up, and clicked on the address listed. It worked after that for some reason.
    Hopefully that will work for me. I mainly just want it to lock automatically when I leave. Went out today and thought it would do its thing and it didn't. I was gone an hour and it didn't lock. I'll keep trying.

ETA - from previous post "Having a similar issue with Smart Stay. Icon doesn't show (eye) on top bar and it will turn itself off while I'm looking at it."
    09-02-2016 12:20 AM
    Hopefully that will work for me. I mainly just want it to lock automatically when I leave. Went out today and thought it would do its thing and it didn't. I was gone an hour and it didn't lock. I'll keep trying.

ETA - from previous post "Having a similar issue with Smart Stay. Icon doesn't show (eye) on top bar and it will turn itself off while I'm looking at it."
    With the recall, you might as well not worry about it for the moment.
    09-02-2016 07:50 AM
    With the recall, you might as well not worry about it for the moment.
    Agreed. I'm not worried at all either way. Something I'd like to implement, but if it doesn't work, meh. Smart Stay otoh I use so that's a little frustrating. That said, I just adjusted the time before the screen goes off. Works well enough atm.
    09-02-2016 08:52 AM
    Agreed. I'm not worried at all either way. Something I'd like to implement, but if it doesn't work, meh. Smart Stay otoh I use so that's a little frustrating. That said, I just adjusted the time before the screen goes off. Works well enough atm.
    Maybe the replacement you get will have working Smart Lock.
    toenail_flicker and jimd1050 like this.
    09-02-2016 08:54 AM
    Maybe the replacement you get will have working Smart Lock.
    Yeah, but it might be missing something else.
    09-02-2016 08:58 AM
    Yeah, but it might be missing something else.
    Roll of the dice I guess. It's getting pretty nuts on the recall thread. LOL
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:09 AM
    Roll of the dice I guess. It's getting pretty nuts on the recall thread. LOL
    Yup. I checked Sprint and they are still showing it for sale despite their official statement. I wondered why the charge for the phone didn't show up on my bill. Guess I get to roll for a month. It's going to be crazy once the exchanges start.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-rele...-at-sprint.htm
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:17 AM
    I have been able to get smart lock to work at my home and at my brothers.
    09-02-2016 09:19 AM
    I have been able to get smart lock to work at my home and at my brothers.
    It's either my phone or my location or something. Not sure what, but I can deal. Not sure if I'll go grab a new phone from Sprint to use while waiting, or just reactivate my N4.
    09-02-2016 09:20 AM
    It's either my phone or my location or something. Not sure what, but I can deal. Not sure if I'll go grab a new phone from Sprint to use while waiting, or just reactivate my N4.
    Try it someplace else to see if it works at a different location.
    09-02-2016 09:22 AM
    Try it someplace else to see if it works at a different location.
    I intend to. I live about 20 minutes from someplace else that I can try it effectively. I also have an airave that I might turn off and see if that helps anything. It sees my home address and knows it's my home address, but it just spins and spin and never stops saying it's ready.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:26 AM
    I have not been able to get this to work on my Note 7, it did work on my S7E..

Cheers,
    BR
    09-02-2016 09:39 AM
    I have not been able to get this to work on my Note 7, it did work on my S7E..

Cheers,
    BR
    Thanks for letting me know.
    09-02-2016 09:50 AM
    I think it's working now. Haven't had to do anything except swipe this morning.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-02-2016 01:39 PM
    My GPS is as accurate as any civilian GPS - it even shows me at the rear of the house, which is where the computer is. But sometimes it shows me in the back yard when I'm in the computer room (inside). Use GPS Status & Toolbox to look at the DOP (dilution of precision - and that's a good name for it) when your location is wrong - even by what looks like a few feet. Any DOP over 1.0 means that the GPS isn't dead on.

The other problem - constant spinning with no lock - is another little GPS glitch. Try this (from the Note 3):

Open the Phone, as if you were going to make a phone call and dial -
    *#9090# -- Diagnostic Configuration (*#197328640# if that doesn't work)
    Menu, select Key Input, enter Q
    Menu, select Key Input, enter 0000
    wait for the next menu. (It takes a while.)
    UMTS->COMMON->NV REBUILD->NV REBUILD->SYSTEM->PROTOCOL->GPS->IMS
    or, if you don't have UMTS:
    UE SETTINGS & INFO->SETTING->SYSTEM->NV REBUILD->ALL

Restart the phone.

Turning the phone off, waiting about 30 seconds, then turning it back on may do the same fix. It was one of the big problems when the 3 came out and Samsung never even acknowledged it. A GPS receiver is so simple to interface that I wonder why Samsung didn't spend 5 minutes fixing it ... but they never have.

(The compass is another problem. Since it's magnetic, you have to calibrate it every time you need it. That means 3 turns around each of the 3 axes. Sounds stupid, but it works on phones and on the little 10 cent compasses you get in cereal boxes. We don't have massive brass rings around the compass in a phone.)
    09-03-2016 05:13 PM
    My GPS is as accurate as any civilian GPS - it even shows me at the rear of the house, which is where the computer is. But sometimes it shows me in the back yard when I'm in the computer room (inside). Use GPS Status & Toolbox to look at the DOP (dilution of precision - and that's a good name for it) when your location is wrong - even by what looks like a few feet. Any DOP over 1.0 means that the GPS isn't dead on.

The other problem - constant spinning with no lock - is another little GPS glitch. Try this (from the Note 3):

Menu, select Key Input, enter Q
    Menu, select Key Input, enter 0000
    wait for the next menu. (It takes a while.)
    UMTS->COMMON->NV REBUILD->NV REBUILD->SYSTEM->PROTOCOL->GPS->IMS
    or, if you don't have UMTS:
    UE SETTINGS & INFO->SETTING->SYSTEM->NV REBUILD->ALL

Restart the phone.

Turning the phone off, waiting about 30 seconds, then turning it back on may do the same fix. It was one of the big problems when the 3 came out and Samsung never even acknowledged it. A GPS receiver is so simple to interface that I wonder why Samsung didn't spend 5 minutes fixing it ... but they never have.

(The compass is another problem. Since it's magnetic, you have to calibrate it every time you need it. That means 3 turns around each of the 3 axes. Sounds stupid, but it works on phones and on the little 10 cent compasses you get in cereal boxes. We don't have massive brass rings around the compass in a phone.)
    Thanks! I'll give it a try. I use that app from my first Lenovo Android tab that was a pos.
    09-03-2016 08:45 PM
    Neither work for me. Trying a 30-sec shutdown and reboot, but doubt that will help.
    09-03-2016 08:52 PM
34 12