09-02-2016 01:29 PM
278 ... 89101112
tools
    Hopefully, they will be able to give you any color you want after this mess of a recall....I may go from black to blue....I'm on T-Mobile so I'm sure I can get it anyway I prefer
    Lol. Yeah. I got the blue coral now and absolutely love it😊
    09-02-2016 12:18 PM
    this is from the AT&T Website

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email

Samsung has notified us that they have identified a battery cell issue in certain Galaxy Note7s. They have asked all retailers, including AT&T, to stop selling the device. We are in the process of determining the exchange process for our customers and how they can replace their current Note7 as quickly as possible. We will have more information later today.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:19 PM
    Lmao same here. I would probably put it behind my tires and reverse.
    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    09-02-2016 12:21 PM
    Wsup fellow N7 users. Here is a solution for some of you that may want to keep until the replacements are available.

If you are really worried about overheating try an alternative method and charge your phone via PC/laptop via USB. USB will obviously charge slower granted its not full A/C current but at least your phone will never heat up or blow up.

I have one at work and always have it hooked up along with Samsung Sync. It has not even gotten warm for the last 2 weeks I had it.

I'm going to wait for replacement unites from Verizon. I love this phone to much to give it up.

Good luck !
    totaled and Viscomi4444 like this.
    09-02-2016 12:21 PM
    Oh I expect them to give you the color you have now if you want it and some gifts for the inconvenience.
    Me love gifts lol. But they don't have to give me anything extra. Just make sure i got a good and safe phone.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:22 PM
    Wsup fellow N7 users. Here is a solution for some of you that may want to keep until the replacements are available.

If you are really worried about overheating try an alternative method and charge your phone via PC/laptop via USB. USB will obviously charge slower granted its not full A/C current but at least your phone will never heat up or blow up.

I have one at work and always have it hooked up along with Samsung Sync. It has not even gotten warm for the last 2 weeks I had it.

I'm going to wait for replacement unites from Verizon. I love this phone to much to give it up.

Good luck !
    I might try that. I have been using a wireless Tylt Qi charger at night. It charges kind of slow but the phone doesn't even get warm on it. It stays cool.
    09-02-2016 12:23 PM
    when you consider the number of people on contracts/installment plans, billing departments are gonna want put their heads through the wall when this is said and done.
    verks likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:23 PM
    If anyone has the wireless charger , use that. My phone doesn't heat up using that. I'm just keeping mine until tmobile can send me another one.
    09-02-2016 12:31 PM
    If anyone has the wireless charger , use that. My phone doesn't heat up using that. I'm just keeping mine until tmobile can send me another one.
    I'm doing the same. I like this phone. I considered the idea of changing to an S7 Edge but no. I really like this phone. Now...if the LG V20 comes out in the next few days I might say bye bye note 7.
    09-02-2016 12:32 PM
    What happens with people with broken screens? Will the carriers still accept them or will you be stuck having to pay for a new phone?
    09-02-2016 12:33 PM
    What happens with people with broken screens? Will the carriers still accept them or will you be stuck having to pay for a new phone?
    You will get a new phone this exchange isn't your fault they will have to bare that cost when they repair the phone back at Samsung
    09-02-2016 12:35 PM
    Well yeah of course, but technically all phones can explode though, but I agree with you.
    But I am gonna wait until Samsung replaces mine. I will not return my phone now
    Yeah technically all phones can explode but there a difference when there's a known issue.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 12:36 PM
    the broken screen IS his fault, so he will pay, I bet..
    09-02-2016 12:37 PM
    Just want to know if we get temp phones during the recall.

Thats all i want to know.

Nothing about exchanging.
    09-02-2016 12:37 PM
    Just want to know if we get tenp phones during the recall.
    I heard Sprint will give you a loaner. Not sure of the others.
    09-02-2016 12:38 PM
    Seems to be final solution to everyone that wants to keep the N7 either use USB to PC/Laptop or wireless charger. No risks and no worries.

Although this sucks for all of us users as the Note series is tarnished I'm still sticking with this phone.
    09-02-2016 12:38 PM
    I might try that. I have been using a wireless Tylt Qi charger at night. It charges kind of slow but the phone doesn't even get warm on it. It stays cool.
    Ditto. Mine got warm the first day due to lots of activity setting it up. Afterward it was still a bit warm so I turned off fast charging to be safe. While I had fast charging on it charged up amazingly fast on mine.
    09-02-2016 12:39 PM
    It's good they're recognizing this issue.

But the amount of phones that will need to be replaced , how timely of a manner will everything be resolved ? What else might leave the factory with a different issue ?

I don't want to sit and wait , wasting my upgrade on a device this expensive to gamble on what if's.

My htc 10 worked flawlessly. My Nexus 6p worked flawlessly.

I'm not gonna sit and wait for the small chance this thing blows up on me. It's not worth the risk and who knows how long it'll take until they get replacements sent out.
    They are talking about two weeks. The battery cell is the issue. Very simple, new batteries. They went over the phones completely.

Recalls don't get to be done just however. Government of all countries involved decides a lot.
    09-02-2016 12:40 PM
    They put it in writing. They will.
    09-02-2016 12:41 PM
    Doubt anything happens. This is a safety recall and those phones have to be replaced.
    toenail_flicker and h2osun like this.
    09-02-2016 12:42 PM
    no one is forcing you to return your phone; but it would be stupid to keep it, in the outside chance you had an issue with yours down the road..you wanna take that chance, when you can get a new one without any hassle?

and, for those asking how and what about the recall, once again, it just happened a few hours ago...stop asking the same silly questions about how long it will take, and what should I do; when YOUR carrier decides how they are handling it, I am sure you will know...
    09-02-2016 12:42 PM
    They put it in writing. They will.
    Awesomesauce!
    09-02-2016 12:43 PM
    This is what bugs me the most about this whole situation.

There needs to be one voice... and that voice should come from Samsung. It needs a statement attached to it with instructions... but carriers are all scattered and not working with one voice.

I just think it would be easier for customers that Samsung comes forth with instruction.. they are the one that's going to be eating the cost. I just don't understand carriers... in the end they will get their monthly payments from us. I prefer them staying out of it.
    alexeisch likes this.
    the broken screen IS his fault, so he will pay, I bet..
    Doubt it. This is a safety issue. Samsung doesn't want to be sued for a house burning down and killing a family.
    Just want to know if we get temp phones during the recall.

Thats all i want to know.

Nothing about exchanging.

If your with Verizon... that answer is no... Verizon is not very good when it comes to customer service.
    09-02-2016 12:44 PM
278 ... 89101112