09-02-2016 01:29 PM
278 1234 ...
tools
    Everything you need to know about Samsung’s unprecedented Galaxy Note 7 recall

Galaxy Note 7 Recall: Samsung recalls Galaxy Note 7 following fires | BGR
    BGR is worthless. "Everything you need to know" article ends w/ multiple rhetorical questions because they DON'T KNOW the answers yet.
    rushmore and dafuse like this.
    09-02-2016 08:39 AM
    After talking with Verizon. All of the battery issues are overseas like I thought! Verizon said to call Samsung like all other service providers. Samsung is taking orders for new batch that of phone that are coming in 2 weeks time. If your phone is not overheating then you are fine. 0.1 owners are affected. Samsung is just taking precautions!
    So they're taking orders for new phones in two weeks? Does that mean that you can order one and then send yours back when you get it? My phone has not overheated. The only time it got sort of warm was when I used an adapter to charge it with a regular USB cable. Obviously a bad idea.
    09-02-2016 08:39 AM
    Here's Sprint's auto-reply via chat...I find it facinating they haven't stopped sales through their website:
    Im not surprised Sprints unaware of the situation. This is the company who says theyre within 1% coverage of Verizon and cant accept they are last in the industry.
    09-02-2016 08:40 AM
    They should. If you find an article about this link it. I will send it to T-Mobile and complain enough to see if they'll do it.
    09-02-2016 08:41 AM
    After talking with Verizon. All of the battery issues are overseas like I thought! Verizon said to call Samsung like all other service providers. Samsung is taking orders for new batch that of phone that are coming in 2 weeks time. If your phone is not overheating then you are fine. 0.1 owners are affected. Samsung is just taking precautions!
    No, they are not all overseas.

I suggest you wait for an official carrier statement rather than some rep on the phone. Verizon will be suspending the sales of this device, just as T Mobile has done.
    09-02-2016 08:44 AM
    Samsung has said otherwise.

So for Verizon to be taking that stance is very dangerous.

Samsung has said this is a "worldwide" recall.
    Kelly Kearns and Simon_y7 like this.
    09-02-2016 08:45 AM
    Was quietly thinking the same thing. Battery manufacturer is unknown so no bad rap for them.
    The battery supplier doesn't need to be publicly outed to get a bad rap. I'm sure they are footing the bill for the batteries at the very least or they just lost their Samsung contract which could put them out of business.
    boufa likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:45 AM
    No, they are not all overseas.

I suggest you wait for an official carrier statement rather than some rep on the phone. Verizon will be suspending the sales of this device, just as T Mobile has done.
    Correct.

ALL carriers are suspending sales.
    09-02-2016 08:46 AM
    BGR is worthless. "Everything you need to know" article ends w/ multiple rhetorical questions because they DON'T KNOW the answers yet.
    If its from BGR

" everything you need to know about the Note 7 recall.

Step one: Buy an iPhone "
    09-02-2016 08:50 AM
    Samsung has said otherwise.

So for Verizon to be taking that stance is very dangerous.

Samsung has said this is a "worldwide" recall.
    Well, it is Verizon after all.
    09-02-2016 08:52 AM
    FYI: phone is no longer available for purchase on AT&T's or T-Mobile's website.
    09-02-2016 08:54 AM
    Sprints update via Twitter

https://twitter.com/sprintnews/statu...06605217849344

Immediate exchanges until it's resolved.
    09-02-2016 08:54 AM
    The battery supplier doesn't need to be publicly outed to get a bad rap. I'm sure they are footing the bill for the batteries at the very least or they just lost their Samsung contract which could put them out of business.
    This is going to be one crazy corporate mess. The actual cell manufacturer is a Samsung subsidiary, but they pointed fingers at the battery package manufacturers (that take the cell and encase/add electronics). Unfortunately, it will be the little guy (packager) who ultimately loses...
    09-02-2016 08:56 AM
    Samsung still does not know everything and made a broad statement. Seems somebody at Verizon is talking out their butts.
    09-02-2016 08:56 AM

Yup I think that is going to be the trend. Get a S7 for free while u wait. Samsung cannot expose themselves to the risk of someone getting hurt while they wait for new note 7 in 2 weeks.
    09-02-2016 08:57 AM
    And of course Verizon is completely silent about the issue.
    09-02-2016 08:57 AM
    I'm talking from a public standpoint. If you read the op's post I'm sure you realized this thread is about the batteries NOT being the reason for the recall in the first place. Obviously if the batteries are not the real problem why would they lose their samsung contract. If they recall for glass then corning gets a bad rap since we all know who manufactured the glass. Then Corning would blame it on Samsung for having modified the integrity of the glass by curving it...and so on. This would be a public perception nightmare. Anyways, I'm just having fun with this conspiracy theory. It's highly improbable that this is what is going as the battery manufacturer would have a hell of a case against samsung...unless of course they are a subsidiary of samsung
    09-02-2016 08:58 AM
    perhaps there will be a fire-retardant case issued to all owners in the meantime.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:58 AM
    Yup I think that is going to be the trend. Get a S7 for free while u wait. Samsung cannot expose themselves to the risk of someone getting hurt while they wait for new note 7 in 2 weeks.
    I hope T-Mobile does the same. Give us a similar device while we wait for a replacement.
    panzerghost likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:59 AM
    09-02-2016 08:59 AM
    I hope T-Mobile does the same. Give us a similar device while we wait for a replacement.
    Yup might be a refurbished one. But still a good deal from a customer perspective
    09-02-2016 09:00 AM
    All Carriers including Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon are all saying the same thing Call Samsung!!!
    09-02-2016 09:01 AM
    Yup might be a refurbished one. But still a good deal from a customer perspective
    I wouldn't care as long as I have something to use while my phone is replaced.
    09-02-2016 09:01 AM
    What's Verizon got to say?
    Messaged Verizon this morning. Was told phone orders were being processed as normal and new orders were being taken.
    09-02-2016 09:02 AM

What the "bleep" is a comparable phone? I traded my iPhone 6s Plus for the Note 7 because it was far from comparable to the quality, features, and size of the GN7...a really stupid statement by Sprint.
    09-02-2016 09:04 AM
278 1234 ...